Author Topic: Silly question........apologies in advance  (Read 6609 times)

Offline I wanted a GTi

• I live here
Re: Silly question........apologies in advance
« Reply #30 on: 19 September 2017, 17:44 »
Funny really - my current and last Mk.7 were DSG but I have never used Autohold!

You can take your foot off the brake pedal when stoped if you use auto hold with DSG
You can do the same in the manual.

Well yeah obviously but the point I was making was that VE changed it a few years ago. Before if you took your foot off the brake the the car would start moving, now it doesn't start until you touch the throttle.
Can't ever remember it doing that to me in the Tiguan or Skoda superb with dsg. All it did when you took your foot of the pedal was start the car.

Yeah I was typing in a rush, I meant that the car would start, I mistakenly put moving. The way they have it now is you can take your foot off the brake pedal and the car won't start.
5 door GTD in night blue collected 1/3/17

Offline simonpolly

• I live here
« Reply #31 on: 22 September 2017, 18:47 »
Turn the wheels and leave in gear even if the handbrake failed the car wouldn't move very far.
Relax and be confident when reversing back up a hill i told my dad to leave his new tiguan on the road untill he got used to the handbrake i got a phone call on the very day he took it home he had ignored me and the car was  mm from the garage door  :laugh:
I calmly got in the car and reversed the car off the drive for him. :nerd:
Golfgti build quality is average at best.

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #32 on: 22 September 2017, 20:49 »
Did you have your Seatbelt on? Germans love a bit of safety :D

aaaahhhhhhhhhhhh possibly not i cant remember i am in the habit of taking off when reversing  :rolleyes:

That's your problem then...

Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline Jeni_R_

• Here all the time
« Reply #33 on: 23 September 2017, 07:58 »
Did you have your Seatbelt on? Germans love a bit of safety :D

aaaahhhhhhhhhhhh possibly not i cant remember i am in the habit of taking off when reversing  :rolleyes:

That's your problem then...

Wasnt that because i have driven off and reversed since with no belt on my car has that deactivated i believe  :undecided: