Author Topic: Is this a reasonable deal?  (Read 969 times)

Offline NoCakeNoCode

• Just got here
Is this a reasonable deal?
« on: 26 July 2017, 10:23 »
Greetings,

I'm from Oman and was about to purchase a used MK7 SE that was a test drive car from a dealer, here are the specs:

Year: 2016

Colour: Tungsten Silver Metallic

Transmission: DSG

Engine size: 2000cc

Mileage: 15,000km(Approx)/9320 miles

Fuel type: Petrol

0-100km/h: 6.5 seconds

BHP: 220bhp

Other features:
Keyless Access" locking and starting system without SAFELOCK"
Type approval country Oman
Extended pedestrian protection measures
Power-adjustable driver seat
Driving Profile Selection
Austin 7.5J x 18 (5-spoke style) tires 225/40 R18
Tilting and sliding panoramic sunroof, electric
Cell phone interface Comfort" for "Discover Pro""
4-door incl. power windows rear
Composition Media" incl. UI4"
Oettinger Body Kit
Leather Interior

Pictures:

The price I was given is 25533.81 GBP

They insisted that the car is priced high due its oettinger body kit but I don't think it should go that high or am I wrong?

Below is a snapshot of the car's history:

The value is in my local currency OMR, the highest was for the PDI which they charged an insane amount of 3365 GBP, the second highest is a minor accident that had the rear right passanger door replaced, cost 1366.46 GBP.

I've taken it into a short test drive and it seemed to be okay but had a blue screen of update interrupting my short test drive.

What do you guys think? I feel it is slightly overpriced.  :huh:

Offline MjrSharpe

• Here all the time
Re: Is this a reasonable deal?
« Reply #1 on: 26 July 2017, 10:52 »
The car seems to be fairly well equipped. As a point of reference, I got my 2016 gti with 6,000 miles from my local VW Garage for 24,000. Mine does not come with leather, oettinger kit or the sunroof, and is the three door version, but the one you're looking at is higher mileage, so the various aspects balance out I would imagine. I would say that exhaust cost a fair bit too, as its certainly not standard. Overall the price doesn't seem too bad imo, but you could always try to haggle down a bit. 
2016 GTI - Tornado Red, M52 remap, DTUK Pedal box, dv+, racingline turbo elbow, forge turbo muffler delete, racingline springs, racingline stage 2 BBK, novus 0.1 wheels, injen induction kit ,st rear anti roll bar, TT short shift, 034 motorsports dogbone upper / lower inserts, sachs organic clutch, custom stainless steel exhaust, res delete, leyo bezels, oettinger rear spoiler, maxton splitter, golf r rear lights

Offline Guzzle

• I live here
Re: Is this a reasonable deal?
« Reply #2 on: 26 July 2017, 12:10 »
Have you thought about how much it would cost to buy a brand new one with the same spec in Oman?

Here in the UK that would be a £35k motor, although a well known Internet broker would sell it for £30k. That's without the body kit or the exhaust.

So it ain't particularly cheap for a year old car, but seems reasonable. If it's had a bump i'd be more concerned about the standard of repair, so check for things like panel alignment, mismatched paint, overspray and any trims or seals not put back on properly.
7.5 GTD