Author Topic: Pedal Box  (Read 8604 times)

Offline wantmygti

• I live here
Re: Pedal Box
« Reply #10 on: 25 July 2017, 16:58 »
I permanently turned mine off since day 1 but what sort of effect would it have?

How did you do this? OBDEleven?

Yeap, changing the start/stop voltage to 12v makes that utterly pointless and borderline dangerous feature go away for good and you swear less in your daily communte.

I need to find someone to do this as I'm only running iOS devices and from what I can gather it's android only software.
2017 GTi Clubsport arrived June 2017
2007 Shadow Blue GTi, sold on after 10 years ownership

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #11 on: 25 July 2017, 18:00 »
I permanently turned mine off since day 1 but what sort of effect would it have?

Yeap, changing the start/stop voltage to 12v makes that utterly pointless and borderline dangerous feature go away for good and you swear less in your daily communte.

I need to find someone to do this as I'm only running iOS devices and from what I can gather it's android only software.

Just buy a cheapo Android tablet.  I'm all Apple/ios household but got this for obdeleven duty and works well.  Cheap at amazon atm. 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Acer-Iconia-B1-780-7-Inch-Touchscreen/dp/B01JYT4B6Q/ref=sr_1_1?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1501001689&sr=1-1&keywords=acer+iconia+one+7

If you do get obdeleven get the Pro version which enables you to do long coding adaptations as well as using the apps.  Buy direct from obdeleven.  Compared to vcds, well worth the money.

https://obdeleven.com/en/
« Last Edit: 25 July 2017, 18:04 by Booth11 »
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline I wanted a GTi

• I live here
« Reply #12 on: 25 July 2017, 20:29 »

I was all iOS when I ordered my OBDeleven so I bought a Nexus 7 2nd gen tablet. Worked great on it.

I've now bought a Galaxy S8 plus so no longer need the tablet.  :wink: :wink: so I'm going to sell it.
5 door GTD in night blue collected 1/3/17

Offline wantmygti

• I live here
« Reply #13 on: 25 July 2017, 21:54 »

I was all iOS when I ordered my OBDeleven so I bought a Nexus 7 2nd gen tablet. Worked great on it.

I've now bought a Galaxy S8 plus so no longer need the tablet.  :wink: :wink: so I'm going to sell it.

Sent you a message
2017 GTi Clubsport arrived June 2017
2007 Shadow Blue GTi, sold on after 10 years ownership

Offline I wanted a GTi

• I live here
« Reply #14 on: 26 July 2017, 09:14 »

Sent you a message

And back.
5 door GTD in night blue collected 1/3/17

Offline MjrSharpe

• Here all the time
« Reply #15 on: 26 July 2017, 10:18 »
How hard is it to use the obd eleven software? What way does the long coding work? Thanks
2016 GTI - Tornado Red, M52 remap, DTUK Pedal box, dv+, racingline turbo elbow, forge turbo muffler delete, racingline springs, racingline stage 2 BBK, novus 0.1 wheels, injen induction kit ,st rear anti roll bar, TT short shift, 034 motorsports dogbone upper / lower inserts, sachs organic clutch, custom stainless steel exhaust, res delete, leyo bezels, oettinger rear spoiler, maxton splitter, golf r rear lights

Offline Daz Auto

• I live here
  • Other brands of washing powder are available.
« Reply #16 on: 26 July 2017, 20:31 »
I don't have a pedal box. However, I have read a lot about them.

My problem is - every time I mention them to an insurance company they don't seem to understand. Then because of the 'performance' modification, they increase my premiums accordingly. Resulting in me deciding it is not worth the extra money. Or the risk of fitting one and giving 'them' an excuse to invalidate my insurance.

Yet pedal boxes seem quite popular. So how do other people manage with insurance? Or do you simply take the attitude - easier to ask for forgiveness rather than permission?
« Last Edit: 26 July 2017, 20:34 by Daz Auto »

10/8/2017 - GTI Performance, Red,5dr DS

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #17 on: 26 July 2017, 20:47 »
I don't have a pedal box. However, I have read a lot about them.

My problem is - every time I mention them to an insurance company they don't seem to understand. Then because of the 'performance' modification, they increase my premiums accordingly. Resulting in me deciding it is not worth the extra money. Or the risk of fitting one and giving 'them' an excuse to invalidate my insurance.

Yet pedal boxes seem quite popular. So how do other people manage with insurance? Or do you simply take the attitude - easier to ask for forgiveness rather than permission?

I had no bother at all with my insurer, I explained what it did and that it did not alter the power of the car and they were quite happy. It has been noted but no change to my premium. And it is well worth it with a much better response but as I'm used to it, controlability too. When on the odd occasion it is switched off the car feels dead.
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline mark64uk

• Not said much yet
« Reply #18 on: 27 July 2017, 10:17 »
will these cause any issue with warranty with the recent post about tuning boxes being flagged in the ECU will this have the same effect ?

Offline scanesare

• I live here
  • GTI Clubsport
« Reply #19 on: 27 July 2017, 16:07 »
recent post about tuning boxes being flagged in the ECU will this have the same effect ?

Not true but which post was that anyways?