Author Topic: Helix advice  (Read 4558 times)

Offline Stevebrighton

• Just got here
Helix advice
« on: 15 July 2017, 19:53 »
Hi has anyone had the helix plug and play sound upgrade fitted ? . I'm having it fitted to my mk7 gti on Thursday and was looking for any feedback on it. Also I'm having it fitted at vw dealers so will they programme it or will i have to seek out a dongle to do myself.  Cheers.
2016 gti dsg pan roof tungsten silver.
2017 Lexus NX300h premier.

Offline Davey-c

• GTI forum regular
Re: Helix advice
« Reply #1 on: 15 July 2017, 20:17 »
Hi Steve. Welcome to the forum mate. I would imagine VW will do everything for you when they do the install. I have only heard good comments on the plug and play system and would be interested to hear what your thoughts are once it's been installed. :smiley:
2023 Golf R 20 Years, Lapiz Blue, 19 Inch Black Estoril Alloys, Rear Camera, Harmon Kardon Sound System.

Offline Stevebrighton

• Just got here
« Reply #2 on: 15 July 2017, 20:29 »
Thanks for the reply. I will put a short review on here when I've had it done . :grin:

Offline Davey-c

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #3 on: 15 July 2017, 20:38 »
No worries Steve, looking forward to hearing back from you. I've been thinking about upgrading the standard sound system on my clubsport so interested to hear your thoughts. Standard system is good but miss the Bang and Olufsen I had in my last car. Cheers.
2023 Golf R 20 Years, Lapiz Blue, 19 Inch Black Estoril Alloys, Rear Camera, Harmon Kardon Sound System.

Offline mezzer123

• Not said much yet
« Reply #4 on: 15 July 2017, 22:16 »
Hi Steve

Can I ask how much that this has cost all together??
2016 Golf GTI PP, 5 Doors, Carbon Grey, 19" Santiago's, Leather Seats

Offline Stevebrighton

• Just got here
« Reply #5 on: 16 July 2017, 06:01 »
It's costing £500 fitted . I know it's expensive but I want to make sure it's all done properly. I've had stuff done on the cheap before and lived to regret it. :cool:

Offline mezzer123

• Not said much yet
« Reply #6 on: 16 July 2017, 11:54 »
I know what you mean by cheap, I'm a big believer in you get what you pay for in most circumstances, and the reason for me asking is that a little part of me regrets not ticking the option for dynaudio!!!
2016 Golf GTI PP, 5 Doors, Carbon Grey, 19" Santiago's, Leather Seats

Offline Davey-c

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #7 on: 20 July 2017, 07:20 »
It's costing £500 fitted . I know it's expensive but I want to make sure it's all done properly. I've had stuff done on the cheap before and lived to regret it. :cool:

Hope all goes well today Steve. Let us know how you get on.  :smiley:

Offline Stevebrighton

• Just got here
« Reply #8 on: 21 July 2017, 18:09 »
Well had the helix fitted and I must say it's a huge improvement. Everything is much clearer, although I think I may have to fiddle with the bass a little as it's a bit to heavy for me. I've read there is a small hidden gain dial thing somewhere on the processor to adjust it but I haven't had a look yet. Money well spent and I highly recommend it . :grin:

Offline Davey-c

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #9 on: 21 July 2017, 19:10 »
Good to hear it turned out well Steve. I'm thinking about having it fitted myself. Just need to convince the wife it's worth it. Did you have to loose your spare wheel in the boot or does the woofer fit inside it?