Author Topic: Changes to VW offers - do they apply to cars already ordered but not delivered?  (Read 5775 times)

Offline Jthgti

• Not said much yet
you've got a slightly less than a 3 month window to get this deal... given that they have a summer factory shutdown, it seems unlikely you'd ever get a performance golf delivered in time from a factory order. If they have some vehicles being built already, you might get one, but a brand new order?

My thoughts exactly - if you've got a factory order then effectively you've signed for a certain price but have no control over what deal you will actually get if they strictly enforce the delivery cutoff date. Surely the deal should only be for cars in stock or otherwise be available if the car is ordered during the promotion regardless of delivery date. Not sure they've thought this one through properly  :smiley:

Offline Ritchie2

• Not said much yet
Picked mine up this morning.

1) Dealer gave me the option of both offers, obviously took the 1.5k/free service.
2) No price increase.
3) Slightly worse MGFV.
4) Dealer said they always offer the deal at the time of the deposit AND the time of collection, customer can choose.

Hope this helps those who manage to get a collection or create an order in the current offer period.

Offline hog_hedge

• I live here

1) Dealer gave me the option of both offers, obviously took the 1.5k/free service.
2) No price increase.
3) Slightly worse MGFV.
4) Dealer said they always offer the deal at the time of the deposit AND the time of collection, customer can choose.

Hope this helps those who manage to get a collection or create an order in the current offer period.

You've got a good dealer. Just make sure you get some pictures up of your car :cool:

Offline Ritchie2

• Not said much yet
Will do in the next few days, if you are on the GTI - MQB - R Facebook site there are a few collection snaps on there. Just drove it back 60 miles from the dealers. Outstanding car, great colour (tungsten), only gripe I have is the fingerprints on the Discover Nav so no biggie. Got a laptop screen cloth on order.

Offline hog_hedge

• I live here
Will do in the next few days, if you are on the GTI - MQB - R Facebook site there are a few collection snaps on there. Just drove it back 60 miles from the dealers. Outstanding car, great colour (tungsten), only gripe I have is the fingerprints on the Discover Nav so no biggie. Got a laptop screen cloth on order.

Just requested to join, I never knew there was a group on fb.

edit: Just seen your car and it looks awesome, it's strange that the rear badge is silver though. Both GTI badges on the car should be red since you've got the performance.
« Last Edit: 17 July 2017, 18:09 by hog_hedge »

Offline Fewie

• Not said much yet

2) No price increase.
3) Slightly worse MGFV.

Which dealer was this? My dealer doesn't want to play ball but I'm gonna try again anyway
MK7.5 Golf GTI in Isaac Blue with Performance Pack, 19" Brescia's, Dynaudio, Reversing Camera & Climate Screen, ordered 16/05/17.  Counting down the days to collection on September 2nd

Offline Ritchie2

• Not said much yet
Listers, Stratford Upon Avon. I would 100% recommend them to be honest.

Regarding the badges, the dealer said sometimes they come with silver rear, sometimes red... Not sure what to do with it.

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
Only PP got red in the past...
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
Perhaps dieselgate is promoting a 70's Italian approach to manufacture - anything to hand is okay....
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline joey15

• Just got here

2) No price increase.
3) Slightly worse MGFV.

Interesting, Im guessing its probably easier if the car is on the dealership as then if you go for the new deal they probably just cancel the old one and create a new "sale" with the new deal so no "detaging and retagging" on their system. Probably wont be able to get this myself as my car is due to be built week commencing 31st of July so the deal will have ended by the time the car is on the dealership. Also i found the MGFV is now higher on the GTD (what ive ordered) so makes this deal even more attractive for me! I spoke to my dealer on Monday asking for an update and he said he is still on with it so fingers crossed! :smiley: