Author Topic: Changes to VW offers - do they apply to cars already ordered but not delivered?  (Read 5776 times)

Offline Arnold_Lane

• GTI forum regular
I notice today that VW have increased their finance contribution by £500 and are now offering 2 years free servicing (as opposed to for £149) if taking out VW PCP finance.

Does this change apply to people who have cars on order but not yet received them?
SOLD - 67 Golf GTi PP, 5dr, DSG in Issac Blue with rear camera, keyless entry, Dynaudio, Brescia alloys & DCC.

Offline SimonHunterBelfast

• Just got here
I notice today that VW have increased their finance contribution by £500 and are now offering 2 years free servicing (as opposed to for £149) if taking out VW PCP finance.

Does this change apply to people who have cars on order but not yet received them?
Yes, the finance is signed at time of car delivery to the customer, so whatever offer is current is the one that will be applied

Offline Ritchie2

• Not said much yet
I have just spoken to my dealership about the same thing. I am due to collect on Monday but signed an agreement 4 weeks ago with the 1K contribution.

I was told at the time of paying my deposit that if there was a change in the finance deal being offered I would be given the option of both the one available at time of deposit AND whatever the deal was at time of collection. Ive been told I am going to get the additional £500 and the free services so worth £649 over the other deal.

Offline VWDriver

• Just got here
I've noticed that the base price for the Golf has increased by £400 since I ordered back in May. If it's possible to take advantage of the new finance offer does that mean VW can insist on using the new base price instead of the one on my order paperwork...?

Offline Fewie

• Not said much yet
I've emailed my salesman to ask. I did discuss this with him as I ordered and he suggested an improved deal was unlikely but if it appeared he'd move me over.  Time to see if he's true to his word
MK7.5 Golf GTI in Isaac Blue with Performance Pack, 19" Brescia's, Dynaudio, Reversing Camera & Climate Screen, ordered 16/05/17.  Counting down the days to collection on September 2nd

Offline GTI Jal

• Just got here
Response from the sales guy ...

Please see below the VW UK terms and conditions of the Golf Event;

Orders must be customer tagged in SLi and proposed on Connect OnLine during the event. (7 to 25 July in UK and 28 July to 15 August in NI) This gives you one day after the event finishes to make sure all orders and service plans have been proposed online
Cars must be handed over and registered by end of September
Existing customer orders do not qualify. De-tags will be monitored closely during the event
Orders taken during the event but not delivered by end of September will have the additional deposit contribution and free service plan reclaimed

So unfortunately VW will not allow existing customer orders be eligible the £1500 deposit contribution and the free servicing, also VW put the price of the GTI up by £400 on the 3rd July, so the Golf event offer is not that much better.

Offline I wanted a GTi

• I live here

Orders must be customer tagged in SLi and proposed on Connect OnLine during the event. (7 to 25 July in UK and 28 July to 15 August in NI) This gives you one day after the event finishes to make sure all orders and service plans have been proposed online
Existing customer orders do not qualify. De-tags will be monitored closely during the event
Orders taken during the event but not delivered by end of September will have the additional deposit contribution and free service plan reclaimed

So unfortunately VW will not allow existing customer orders be eligible the £1500 deposit contribution and the free servicing, also VW put the price of the GTI up by £400 on the 3rd July, so the Golf event offer is not that much better.

I wouldn't be so quick to take his word for it. VW dealers are the Arthur Daley of the 21st century but in cheaper suits.
5 door GTD in night blue collected 1/3/17

Offline msrowell

• Not said much yet
Just looked at the T&Cs on the VW site regarding the offer. "Offer available for vehicles ordered from 7th July 2017 until 24th July 2017 and delivered by 30th September 2017 from participating Retailers during the Golf Event. Excludes Golf SV and E-Golf." I'm picking up my new GTI on Monday and an extra £649 would have been nice!

Offline Arnold_Lane

• GTI forum regular

That's exactly the same response I've had from my sales chap (JCB), so I guess anyone who is getting this on an existing order have got a dealer prepared to 'de-tag' then tag an order and run the risk of VW spotting it and doing something about it.
SOLD - 67 Golf GTi PP, 5dr, DSG in Issac Blue with rear camera, keyless entry, Dynaudio, Brescia alloys & DCC.

Offline VWDriver

• Just got here
The style package is also on offer during 'the golf event'

From VW Website:

Get the Golf Style Package† during the Golf Event for just £321 (5Dr) / £306 (3Dr), a saving of £34 on a 5 door and £66 on a 3 door versus the cost of the individual pieces.

The Golf Style Pack includes:
Golf R – Matt Chrome Mirror Caps
Rear bumper protection – stainless steel optic‡
Rear Chrome Strip
Door Sill Trim 3/5 Door

†Not suitable for R-Line
‡Rear bumper protection - stainless steel optic pictured top right available to buy in addition to the Golf style pack for £153 fitted, inc. VAT

I quite like the golf R chrome mirror caps and the bumper protection might be useful, but does anyone know if this pack can actually be fitted to a GTi? I.e. Are the mirror caps only for R models and does the GTi not already come with illuminated door sill trims?