Author Topic: Turbo issues maybe...  (Read 7688 times)

Offline paradisiac82

• GTI forum regular
  • 2003 Golf MK4 GTTDI ARL (PD150)
Re: Turbo issues maybe...
« Reply #10 on: 17 June 2017, 14:39 »
Right the pipe from actuator to n75 is it split?
Are the n75 lines silicone or still rubber also

Still the original hoses there. No obvious signs of splits and cant hear any hissing top end of car

Offline lemski

• Forum addict
  • 16v
« Reply #11 on: 17 June 2017, 15:47 »
With it running im unsure if youd here on the actustor side. Have you got access to another n75 see if it solves hesitation.

If your in 4th and go full throttle from 2k Whats the boost gauge do. It should spike boost and settle back down

Offline paradisiac82

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #12 on: 17 June 2017, 15:50 »
With it running im unsure if youd here on the actustor side. Have you got access to another n75 see if it solves hesitation.

If your in 4th and go full throttle from 2k Whats the boost gauge do. It should spike boost and settle back down

Yeh I have another N75 somewhere. Will try and give that a go either later or tomorrow and will log it with VAG-COM

Offline paradisiac82

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #13 on: 19 June 2017, 01:03 »
Took it out for a run and with stock DV there was no apparent hesitation and these were my logs. Is it bad the actual is higher than the specified even though its not by a lot?

Offline lemski

• Forum addict
  • 16v
« Reply #14 on: 19 June 2017, 08:19 »
Not overly. Map sensor could be reading high.
If youve bypassed everything itll read different than specified.
Driving condition. Air temp all play a little part. Its got a ko3s on thats been played with hasnt it?

Id say if standard dv has sorted it then theres a problem with the uprated one. Have you ran a log with other dv to compare the 2 against each other

Offline paradisiac82

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #15 on: 19 June 2017, 08:32 »
The KO3S is stock as far as I know, it came from scrappy. I was told the car has been mapped when I bought it but as my KO3 was dead from day 1 I have no idea if this is true or not, other than that the only mod I am aware of engine wise is a cone filter.

I did do a log I will post it later as its on a different computer.

Also, it peaks at 1990mbar which according to google is about 28psi yet the gauge and torque app both show peak boost at around 18-20psi

Offline paradisiac82

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #16 on: 19 June 2017, 15:46 »
The place I was going to take it to on Weds and now saying the KO3S will need mapping in, but to do that I will need to buy bigger injectors as the logs show these are already on their limits...is this correct?

Offline lemski

• Forum addict
  • 16v
« Reply #17 on: 19 June 2017, 20:34 »
Yeh injectors are different. The map wouldnt be overly off. They do need tweaking though.
I know a few agu owners with ko3s and standard injectors.
Take that info as you please.
Actual boist recorded by map i think should differ as your using the vac lines to read booat. I may have that wrong thoug. Been in a tdi too long where my boost gauge is inthe intake hose

Offline paradisiac82

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #18 on: 19 June 2017, 22:21 »
Yeh injectors are different. The map wouldnt be overly off. They do need tweaking though.
I know a few agu owners with ko3s and standard injectors.
Take that info as you please.
Actual boist recorded by map i think should differ as your using the vac lines to read booat. I may have that wrong thoug. Been in a tdi too long where my boost gauge is inthe intake hose

I have the injectors and FPR off of the car the KO3S was on, can I just swap them out?

Offline lemski

• Forum addict
  • 16v
« Reply #19 on: 19 June 2017, 23:10 »
Fpr will be the same. You can swap the injectors. Depending on the inlet manifold. Not all injectors swap into manifolds. I think auq injectors will go in the 150.
You can only but try