Author Topic: Golf GTI & Sevilla Wheel Option!  (Read 21236 times)

Offline Jedclam

• Just got here
Golf GTI & Sevilla Wheel Option!
« on: 29 May 2017, 22:27 »
I'm currently torn between a new GTD, which has the Sevilla's as standard, or possibly going for the GTI with the Sevilla's as an option (don't like look of the standard 18's). On the online configurator they look the same as on the GTD but have red around the outer edge of the rims, I have yet to see either in the fresh, wondered if anyone had seen a GTD with the Sevilla's?

Offline Daz Auto

• I live here
  • Other brands of washing powder are available.
Re: Golf GTI & Sevilla Wheel Option!
« Reply #1 on: 29 May 2017, 23:35 »
I'm currently torn between a new GTD, which has the Sevilla's as standard, or possibly going for the GTI with the Sevilla's as an option (don't like look of the standard 18's). On the online configurator they look the same as on the GTD but have red around the outer edge of the rims, I have yet to see either in the fresh, wondered if anyone had seen a GTD with the Sevilla's?
I have seen both. IMO the standard GTI alloys look much better than the 2D photos. The GTD alloys look good too, but the GTI alloys are more distinctive. From a distance the Seville alloys are going the make the GTI look like a GTD  :huh:

10/8/2017 - GTI Performance, Red,5dr DS

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2 on: 31 May 2017, 14:53 »
I saw my first FL GTD on Saturday, a red one parked outside of Frankie & Benny's, and I was quite impressed with the look of both the wheels and the styling over the pre-FL.
The wheels looked really good, as did the rear diffuser and bigger tailpipes.
No fogs were fitted to that car.
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline GTD1414

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #3 on: 31 May 2017, 17:16 »

I think the configurator is wrong on this as the only red trim Seville I've seen (real pics) of are the dark graphite ones from Geneva 17 and available on the VW german configurator. Same as the ones in below link.
https://www.nettiauto.com/volkswagen/golf/8793448

Offline kalimon

• I live here
  • My other car's a van
« Reply #4 on: 31 May 2017, 18:19 »

I think the configurator is wrong on this as the only red trim Seville I've seen (real pics) of are the dark graphite ones from Geneva 17 and available on the VW german configurator. Same as the ones in below link.
I think they look very nice!
I'd have them on mine for sure, and not diamond cut for a change :smiley:
5 DR Mk 7 GTI PP
Carbon Grey, Dynaudio, Car Net App, High Beam Assist, Rear View Camera. Collected 14/03/16

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #5 on: 31 May 2017, 18:58 »

I think they look very nice!
I'd have them on mine for sure, and not diamond cut for a change :smiley:

I like them too kalimon, and not being diamond cut is a bonus!
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline VWDriver

• Just got here
« Reply #6 on: 15 June 2017, 20:45 »
Hi I'm new on here and I've just had my GTI PP build week confirmed. I ordered the 18" Sevilla red wheels as I'm not a fan of the parkers and didn't fancy going up to 19". I noticed that the new June Brochure for the Golf now shows the 'dark anthracite seville' wheels that are available in Germany and were on show at Geneva but the U.K. Configurator still shows the GTD style diamond cut ones.

I just spoke with an advisor on the online web chat who confirmed my car has been ordered with the 'Sevilla red' wheels and that the ones shown on the Configurator are representative of the wheels I'll get as the ones shown in the current brochure are different to my order.

I was wondering if anyone has heard anything similar/different to this or even seen a U.K. GTI with these wheels on? I'd quite like my car to turn up with the wheels I thought ordered and not something different...

Offline Guzzle

• I live here
« Reply #7 on: 15 June 2017, 22:11 »
The wheels shown in the latest brochure are dark anthracite with the red trim. The configurator is renowned for its inaccurate information.

I'd go with what's in the brochure if I were a betting man.
7.5 GTD

Offline maxie

• Here all the time
« Reply #8 on: 16 June 2017, 15:20 »
i've just put an order in and i mentioned this as the guy said they were silver in the picture, but when actually clicking the box it said they were the gery color :)

Offline CocoPops

• I live here
« Reply #9 on: 12 July 2017, 16:25 »
Also just placed an order, trying to track some more photos down.

Hoping they are the grey as discussed and not the diamond cut.
2018 GTI Performance Pack DSG 5dr, Tornado Red, Leather, 18" Seville Wheels, DCC Suspension, Tints, RVC
2018 Lotus Elise Sport220
Previous : 1983 Mk1 Golf 1.1 & 2008 Mk5 Golf GTI Ed30