Author Topic: Got into accident today question about door and doorcard compatibility  (Read 3774 times)

Offline WeekendMechanic

• Here all the time
  • Golf MK3 GTD
Iv got into an accident and the two right doors are pretty bad If I buy two secondhand doors will my trim and electric windows clip and bolt into place if I get any mk3 doors mine is a 96?

Offline itavaltalainen

• I live here
  • VCDS and VCP - fault codes, coding, VIM activation
Yeah should do, but only if the donor car is the same, e.g. Vento or Variant doors won't fit. Try to get from 95 car or later. Might be able to leave most stuff in.....
2019 Seat Leon ST FR DSG 135kW - eclipse orange - 23k miles

Offline WeekendMechanic

• Here all the time
  • Golf MK3 GTD
Yeah should do, but only if the donor car is the same, e.g. Vento or Variant doors won't fit. Try to get from 95 car or later. Might be able to leave most stuff in.....
Thats a problem as golf mk3  95`s latter,  are a little rare where I live can you be more specific?
Thanks for your suggestion though

Offline lemski

• Forum addict
  • 16v
Later door means less stuff to change over. Early doors with say wind up windows ypull have to chamge everything over pretty much. 95 onwards youll probally get away with just changing the doorcard...

Offline WeekendMechanic

• Here all the time
  • Golf MK3 GTD
Later door means less stuff to change over. Early doors with say wind up windows ypull have to chamge everything over pretty much. 95 onwards youll probally get away with just changing the doorcard...
Ok thanks but are the cut out holes in the doors for my door cards all the same as on pre 95 golf mk3s I don't mind changing things over as long as everything  fits and I don't have to worry about modifying the door holes ?

Offline lemski

• Forum addict
  • 16v
Id have though but i cant day for definate as ive had early mk3s and only had to fix later ones. I cant see vw changing that much. Just the later cars came with more things as standard.
If you go to a scrap yard you could always just lull a door card off and check.