Author Topic: engine  (Read 3001 times)

silverbullet36

engine
« on: 24 May 2017, 22:53 »
hi can any1 tell me whats the difference between the 1.8t engine codes mines is AGU I think.
am looking for new engine as she done 176,000 now and theres one ave spotted only done 86,000
but has different engine code from mines

Offline lemski

• Forum addict
  • 16v
Re: engine
« Reply #1 on: 25 May 2017, 08:34 »
Agu has big valces in the head
But only a small turbo.
In my oppinion its the best engine to have. 176k isnt overly bad if its been looked after.

Offline jv

• Administrator
  • Serious forum addict
Buy site stuff!
GolfGTI.co.uk - merchandise

Support the forum charity!
Forum Charity

Offline barrym381

• Forum addict
« Reply #3 on: 25 May 2017, 22:20 »
hi can any1 tell me whats the difference between the 1.8t engine codes mines is AGU I think.
am looking for new engine as she done 176,000 now and theres one ave spotted only done 86,000
but has different engine code from mines
Mileage on these engines mean nothing it's the way it's been looked after  :smiley:

silverbullet36

« Reply #4 on: 26 May 2017, 21:45 »
that's cheers me up thanks for the info ill just keep that 1 then yeah my golf in really good condition in and out
its been garaged most of its life and now I own her she be in my garage . she totally standard and now I want
to start upgrading her
so what turbo would u guys recommend ko4 .
thanks

Offline barrym381

• Forum addict
« Reply #5 on: 26 May 2017, 23:47 »
that's cheers me up thanks for the info ill just keep that 1 then yeah my golf in really good condition in and out
its been garaged most of its life and now I own her she be in my garage . she totally standard and now I want
to start upgrading her
so what turbo would u guys recommend ko4 .
thanks
The agu is a bit of a nightmare when it comes to mapping the car very few people can do it right

Offline lemski

• Forum addict
  • 16v
« Reply #6 on: 27 May 2017, 08:57 »
Agu with a ko4 works well but as mention not many people can map them. Early agu is only chipable and to ko4 upgrade a custom chip has to be wrote.
As its classed as old technology now even less people can do it.

A ko3s will bolt straight on and is less work. Best bet os to ring tuners before hand and see who can actually do it.