Author Topic: 404bhp GTi First Decade  (Read 1535 times)

Offline Finglonga

• I live here
Re: 404bhp GTi First Decade
« Reply #1 on: 25 May 2017, 11:54 »
It's a bit "Barry Boy". :undecided:

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #2 on: 25 May 2017, 14:01 »
Never mind the Golf. What about the up! GTI?
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #3 on: 25 May 2017, 16:28 »

The thing with these Worthersee show cars is looking beyond the 18 year olds being let loose with the German equivalent of a Demon Tweeks catalogue are the hints at what directions VW are looking at behind the scenes.
There's always the irony that these show specials feature mods that would void a warranty being displayed by the factory at a show that revolves around modified GTI's there will be the more subtle hints behind the show grabbing power outputs and paint jobs.
As an example the bumper gills on the ClubSport and now regular GTI were initially on the mk6 (yes mk6) Worthersee Apprentice cars.
The hint of the future we see here is the electric motor being used to aid traction off the line with a very powerful engine driving the front wheels. Then there's the option of how you want to drive, mixed, petrol or leccy.
Personally I think that's great. It's a blend of GTI, R and GTE.
Hopefully this is how GTI's of the future will be.
Big power to offset heavy electrics, a good 50/50 weight spread possible, extra traction when needed without a power and fuel sapping permanent 4wd and electric motor torque at low to medium speeds.

‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline Hertsman

• I live here
« Reply #4 on: 26 May 2017, 09:26 »

The thing with these Worthersee show cars is looking beyond the 18 year olds being let loose with the German equivalent of a Demon Tweeks catalogue are the hints at what directions VW are looking at behind the scenes.
There's always the irony that these show specials feature mods that would void a warranty being displayed by the factory at a show that revolves around modified GTI's there will be the more subtle hints behind the show grabbing power outputs and paint jobs.
As an example the bumper gills on the ClubSport and now regular GTI were initially on the mk6 (yes mk6) Worthersee Apprentice cars.
The hint of the future we see here is the electric motor being used to aid traction off the line with a very powerful engine driving the front wheels. Then there's the option of how you want to drive, mixed, petrol or leccy.
Personally I think that's great. It's a blend of GTI, R and GTE.
Hopefully this is how GTI's of the future will be.
Big power to offset heavy electrics, a good 50/50 weight spread possible, extra traction when needed without a power and fuel sapping permanent 4wd and electric motor torque at low to medium speeds.

Exactly what I saw, it needed to aesthetically grab attention as its a show car, so understood and have no problem with that, but was more interested in the tech which you would think is a peek into the future of performance cars given you would imagine light battery tech for instant charge and high outputs is still very much in distant future, so this is type of AWD hybrid imagined and its there in the flesh
Present - BMW 128Ti Alpine White, 18" Performance Tyres, Sun Protection Glass, Parking Assist, Heated Steering, Boston Trim, Split Folding Rear Seats, Electric Lumbar Support
- 2nd car: 2019 Golf R DSG Pure White 19" Black Pretoria, Privacy Glass, Rear View Camera, Dynaudio, Keyless
- 2019 Pure Grey GTI TCR 5 Door DSG Reifinitz Wheel DCC Climate Screen 90% Tint
- 2016 Lapiz Blue Golf R 5 Door DSG Pretoria DCC
- 2013 Pure White GTD 5 Door DSG DCC

Offline wigit

• I live here
« Reply #5 on: 26 May 2017, 10:38 »