Author Topic: Is the Dynamic Chassis control option worth ticking?  (Read 12244 times)

Offline Daz Auto

• I live here
  • Other brands of washing powder are available.
Re: Is the Dynamic Chassis control option worth ticking?
« Reply #30 on: 25 May 2017, 17:06 »
I don't have DCC but I certainly don't think the standard setup is in anyway harsh and needs softening out.
... if you drive down my road you would!

Dynaudio review - https://www.whathifi.com/features/dynaudio-excite-sound-system-review-vw-golf-mk-7

"Verdict

As with most car configurations, there are a lot of options for the Golf GTI – many of which you can probably live without – but £525 for Dynaudio’s Excite system is money well spent.

If you find yourself regularly at the mercy of congested motorways and city centres, it’s great to know the fantastic sound from this system will be there to keep you company."

So if I don't drive congested motorways and city centres, is it money well saved? :undecided:

10/8/2017 - GTI Performance, Red,5dr DS

Offline hog_hedge

• I live here
« Reply #31 on: 25 May 2017, 17:09 »
I don't have DCC but I certainly don't think the standard setup is in anyway harsh and needs softening out.

Dynaudio review - https://www.whathifi.com/features/dynaudio-excite-sound-system-review-vw-golf-mk-7

"Verdict

As with most car configurations, there are a lot of options for the Golf GTI – many of which you can probably live without – but £525 for Dynaudio’s Excite system is money well spent.

If you find yourself regularly at the mercy of congested motorways and city centres, it’s great to know the fantastic sound from this system will be there to keep you company."

So if I don't drive congested motorways and city centres, is it money well saved? :undecided:

If you don't drive on motorways then you can't have it, sorry. :smug:

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #32 on: 25 May 2017, 17:33 »
These cars are pretty well specced as standard.
The options list is now purely indulgence.
Poverty spec is far from poverty.

Park assist used to be cheap and occasionally useful. I miss that occasionally. Very occasionally.
Keyless I had briefly. Meh. Fine for women, can't think of any other benefit of it. Flat fob batteries seem to be the only common thing related to it.
Nav? Well it's standard but the price of the car went up £900 odd when it became so.
Winter pack? Meh.

The useful stuff is all standard.

For me colour is probably the only option I'd really need. Perhaps instead of optional extras they could allow us to delete stuff - auto lights, auto wipers, radar, parking sensors....
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline Briggsy

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #33 on: 25 May 2017, 18:11 »

I wonder what anyone would consider to be a "must have" optional extra and whether there was any consensus.

Certainly looking at the poll on options I put up a few weeks ago, the only thing that seems to really tick boxes is DSG. The rest is all over the place.

DSG would be the only absolute necessity for me, although I consider it a car lifestyle choice rather than an optional extra, lol.  After 9 years with DSG there is no going back!

I know what you mean, I like DSG I also like the wife driving it as her clutch control can be annoying at times.

However I enjoy the manual in our other car, it adds that sense of the fact I'm in control and me and the car are one. :p

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #34 on: 25 May 2017, 18:16 »

But I still think it comes down to personal tolerance levels.  Don't know whereabouts you in the country - there are many places with shocking roads - the roads in East Kent are very bad, but I've still never felt the inclination to put it in Comfort, bizarrely I find Sport actually preferable for really bad roads. 
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #35 on: 25 May 2017, 18:22 »

I wonder what anyone would consider to be a "must have" optional extra and whether there was any consensus.

Certainly looking at the poll on options I put up a few weeks ago, the only thing that seems to really tick boxes is DSG. The rest is all over the place.

DSG would be the only absolute necessity for me, although I consider it a car lifestyle choice rather than an optional extra, lol.  After 9 years with DSG there is no going back!

I know what you mean, I like DSG I also like the wife driving it as her clutch control can be annoying at times.

However I enjoy the manual in our other car, it adds that sense of the fact I'm in control and me and the car are one. :p

I think it can come down to how you use dsg.  Drive is great when you don't want to have to think about it, and has its place, but my preference is to use sport manual a good deal of the time, sometimes alternating using Sport with paddle override, I find that a great way to use dsg in a more involved way.  I think you can be one with a dsg car, it's a just different kind of engagement. 
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline eatontrifles

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #36 on: 02 June 2017, 12:22 »
Going back to the DCC thing - over the last few days I've had the suspension set to Comfort and the ride is much more supple and relaxing, almost floating over badly resurfaced roads and speed cushions, but doesn't add any perceivable roll around corners. In Normal the bumps and road surface are much more noticeable and the ride is firmer. I haven't tried Sport yet.

I'm very happy I chose the DCC option.
Mk7.5 5dr GTI DSG. Isaac Blue, Keyless, Dynaudio, DLA & Lane Assist, DCC, Art Velours.

Offline Daz Auto

• I live here
  • Other brands of washing powder are available.
« Reply #37 on: 02 June 2017, 12:56 »
... but doesn't add any perceivable roll around corners.

I'm very happy I chose the DCC option.
It is an active system. AFAIK it will sense hard cornering and firm up the suspension to give more control. For my roads, I would not buy a performance Golf without DDC.

How are you finding Dynamic Light Assist?

10/8/2017 - GTI Performance, Red,5dr DS

Offline wigit

• I live here
« Reply #38 on: 02 June 2017, 13:21 »
I think in 4 years of Rdom DCC has just been set to sport for everything and suspension as normal with the exception of sport when on track in the other one (in reality the best place to see the differences and comfort in the wet did not make a huge difference) and just never can be bothered to change to comfort

It is the spring rates i do not like as much preferred mine on Eibachs and what I cannot get my head around is the M2 rides better on every surface despite a firmer set up and also now being lowered (joy over speed humps) and people seem amazed why i prefer it in the wet

Offline eatontrifles

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #39 on: 02 June 2017, 15:35 »
It is an active system. AFAIK it will sense hard cornering and firm up the suspension to give more control. For my roads, I would not buy a performance Golf without DDC.

How are you finding Dynamic Light Assist?
That is my understanding as well - it certainly feels more responsive when cornering than the supple ride would have you believe.

I've only used DLA properly once on that youtube video, it's been too light and I haven't driven anywhere at great length in the dark yet! :grin:
Mk7.5 5dr GTI DSG. Isaac Blue, Keyless, Dynaudio, DLA & Lane Assist, DCC, Art Velours.