Author Topic: Is the Dynamic Chassis control option worth ticking?  (Read 12216 times)

Offline linc-dub

• Here all the time
Re: Is the Dynamic Chassis control option worth ticking?
« Reply #20 on: 24 May 2017, 22:21 »
I've had DCC on all my Golfs where it was an option & once again I have spec'd it on my new GTD order.
Picked up 02.09.17 Mk7.5 GTD Isaac Blue, Manual 5 Drs, DCC, Reversing Camera, Keyless, 90% tints, Heated front screen, Mudflaps all round

Sep 2015 65 plate Mk7 GTD Carbon Grey, Manual, 5 Drs, DCC, Reversing Camera, Sat Nav, Keyless, Sport & Sound, Mudflaps all round

2013 63 plate Mk7 GTD, Manual, 5 doors, Carbon Grey Metalic, ACC, Reversing Camera, Mudflaps front & rear - Took delivery October 2013

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #21 on: 24 May 2017, 22:24 »
Dynaudio is very good and the generation in the mk7 is quite noticeably better than the previous gen in the mk6. It's not just that it delivers a deep rich sound (once speakers are bedded in) but as far as value for money options go, I think it is outstanding for the price.

A little off topic but how long did it take for your speakers to bed in? What are your current settings? I've been playing around with the settings an awful lot and I can't seem to fine the right balance just yet.

I'll have to have a look tomorrow at the settings as not going out to car right now, lol.  And occasionally I will tinker with them.  It took a good few hours say 30+ at a guess for the speakers to bed in, but no great hardship as I listen to music every second I'm in the car.  Somewhere on there is a thread on sound settings which is worth a read.  This might be it.

http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=264178.0

Have a read particularly of page 5 which has settings from a sound engineer who says the out of the box setup is poor and needs a lot of tweaking.  I think I used these settings as my starting point iirc.
« Last Edit: 24 May 2017, 22:27 by Booth11 »
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline Daz Auto

• I live here
  • Other brands of washing powder are available.
« Reply #22 on: 24 May 2017, 23:57 »
...but now I need to be concerned that I'm not ticking the Dynaudio box as well going on your reply Booth11.
Priorities!

Wants vs needs.

Unfortunately, because of my local roads, I am one of the people who needs DCC in my performance Golf.

Personally, I don't think I need Dynaudio to listen to the radio. However, I am not an audiophile and doubt if I would really notice the difference. :embarrassed: Especially with engine and road noise in the background. :undecided: I have read that the standard sound system is very good.

Perhaps you need to start another 'is it really worth it thread'.

10/8/2017 - GTI Performance, Red,5dr DS

Offline wigit

• I live here
« Reply #23 on: 25 May 2017, 09:52 »
DCC is better than preference generations in terms of how you can tailor the settings but having one R with and one without both on 18s

The jury remains out as on the R i just think the stock spring and damper set up is a bit harsh anyway, have I missed it, no, do I say to myself would be better using the one with the DCC for where we are going, no

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #24 on: 25 May 2017, 10:21 »
I think that's interesting, having 2 R's at the same time gives a good comparison.

I wonder what anyone would consider to be a "must have" optional extra and whether there was any consensus.

Certainly looking at the poll on options I put up a few weeks ago, the only thing that seems to really tick boxes is DSG. The rest is all over the place.
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline random_nickname

• Not said much yet
« Reply #25 on: 25 May 2017, 10:23 »
I personally went for Dynaudio over DCC and have not regretted it for a minute. It is a great system. Definitely loud enough and well refined for all tastes. My mate has DCC and very rarely uses it but does say it is very good for cobble stone roads etc or poorly maintained roads. 
| GOLF MK7 GTI | PP | DSG | KEYLESS | DYNAUDIO | SUNROOF | 3DR | WHITE |

Offline wigit

• I live here
« Reply #26 on: 25 May 2017, 11:12 »
I think that's interesting, having 2 R's at the same time gives a good comparison.

Having gone from a fairly well loaded R to my poverty spec daily I actually find the poverty spec more pure, the Nav is dire compared to Apples offering, i prefer the cloth in terms of feel (not looks) to the leather as a place to be and stuff like keyless has never bother me

On the suspension set up on either R you really notice the weight shift when corning, its not progressive

Offline Briggsy

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #27 on: 25 May 2017, 13:12 »

Having gone from a fairly well loaded R to my poverty spec daily I actually find the poverty spec more pure, the Nav is dire compared to Apples offering, i prefer the cloth in terms of feel (not looks) to the leather as a place to be and stuff like keyless has never bother me

On the suspension set up on either R you really notice the weight shift when corning, its not progressive

Got to agree with the navigation, its pretty appauling. Thankfully got android auto for Google maps.

I don't have DCC but I certainly don't think the standard setup is in anyway harsh and needs softening out.

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #28 on: 25 May 2017, 13:50 »

I wonder what anyone would consider to be a "must have" optional extra and whether there was any consensus.

Certainly looking at the poll on options I put up a few weeks ago, the only thing that seems to really tick boxes is DSG. The rest is all over the place.

DSG would be the only absolute necessity for me, although I consider it a car lifestyle choice rather than an optional extra, lol.  After 9 years with DSG there is no going back!
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #29 on: 25 May 2017, 16:36 »
These cars are pretty well specced as standard.
The options list is now purely indulgence.
Poverty spec is far from poverty.

Park assist used to be cheap and occasionally useful. I miss that occasionally. Very occasionally.
Keyless I had briefly. Meh. Fine for women, can't think of any other benefit of it. Flat fob batteries seem to be the only common thing related to it.
Nav? Well it's standard but the price of the car went up £900 odd when it became so.
Winter pack? Meh.

The useful stuff is all standard.
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner