Author Topic: Pedalbox - remove or switch off for service?  (Read 5421 times)

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
Re: Pedalbox - remove or switch off for service?
« Reply #10 on: 22 May 2017, 19:59 »
It's bogging at the moment and no time to wash it yet. I'll have to rely on spotting disturbed dirt...
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline kalimon

• I live here
  • My other car's a van
« Reply #11 on: 22 May 2017, 20:57 »
When I was booking my car in e went for a drive to hear the rattles and other problems and as we were leaving a roundabout the guy asked me what dtuk box I had fitted :laugh:

He asked if I had heard of the peddle box, I smiled and he asked what setting I had it on. Not all service managers are 'difficult'

Just turn it off and put a cloth in the(what do people call the box) to cover it up.

Good idea, so, remember to 1 switch it off, 2 take a cloth, 3 deploy 'cloaking device' and 4 reinforce the washing ban....
I left mine switched on and they never mentioned it.
Just damaged my wheel :whistle:

That was a bugger, sorted yet?
No mate, still waiting :sad:
I've had missed call from VW today so I can only hope  it was to tell me they have got a new, undamaged wheel in this time.
Hopefully it will be sorted this week.
5 DR Mk 7 GTI PP
Carbon Grey, Dynaudio, Car Net App, High Beam Assist, Rear View Camera. Collected 14/03/16

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #12 on: 22 May 2017, 21:06 »
No mate, still waiting :sad:
I've had missed call from VW today so I can only hope  it was to tell me they have got a new, undamaged wheel in this time.
Hopefully it will be sorted this week.

Blimey that's been ages! Still, it will get sorted and by the sound of it very soon so hopefully by the weekend all will be good and you can forget about it. :smiley:
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #13 on: 22 May 2017, 23:06 »
I just turned mine off and chucked a microfibre over it in the driver's storage cubby.  Dealer was non the wiser. If you are worried about forgetting to turn it off, stick a post-it on your dash, but don't forget to remove the post-it. Or have a post-it to tell you to remove the post-it telling you to turn the pedal box off, lol.

I had no trouble remembering to turn mine off, but did forget to turn it back on after I collected the car and thought the dealer had broken my car, then I remembered!  Driving through treacle doesn't begin to describe it. Good luck with the service - do not wash hangers/signs at the ready, pre drop off walk round etc, etc.
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #14 on: 23 May 2017, 09:05 »
Thanks for that - I won't forget to switch it off, I WON'T forget to switch it off, I won't for........what was it again? :laugh:

Microfibre at the ready, going to give it a quick wash now before I go, do not wash mirror hanger at the ready, think I'm good to go!
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #15 on: 23 May 2017, 09:15 »
Oh Watts...don't forget to

SWITCH IT OFF!
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #16 on: 23 May 2017, 14:01 »
Service done, all sorted with no problems and car wasn't washed. I switched the box off at home before I left and what a difference without it. Yes you can just put your foot down harder but it's not the same, the pedalbox really does make the car feel properly nimble and responsive, more alive and fun. Only thing I did balls up was I left the pedalbox manual on top of the service book :rolleyes: What a spanner :embarrassed: :laugh:
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Offline CHB100

• Here all the time
« Reply #17 on: 23 May 2017, 14:56 »
As we're on the pedalbox subject. Anyone know if the same boxes fit the Mk7.5 bearing in mind it's shorter gear ratios and superior bhp!!!! :grin: :wink: . Seriously what brand is favoured by the guys and gal on here dtuk, remus?. Not that I'm ready yet with only 250 miles on the clock.
« Last Edit: 23 May 2017, 15:09 by CHB100 »
Arrived 15/5/17 Mk 7.5 R Lapiz 5dr DSG, Prets, Pan Roof, DCC, Rear View Cam.
Our other car is a Mk7 GTI DSG 5dr Tungsten, Vienna, Rear View Cam, Park assist.

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #18 on: 23 May 2017, 16:48 »
As we're on the pedalbox subject. Anyone know if the same boxes fit the Mk7.5 bearing in mind it's shorter gear ratios and superior bhp!!!! :grin: :wink: . Seriously what brand is favoured by the guys and gal on here dtuk, remus?. Not that I'm ready yet with only 250 miles on the clock.

The updated DTUK Pedal Box Plus is available now although the older style pedal box is still is still available for both pre and facelift cars.  The Plus version is uprated to work with cars with digital SENT sensors as well as analogue sensors  - neither pre or facelift mk7's have SENT sensors - probably come on board with the mk8.  It looks much nicer than the previous version too.  I know of a few using the new one and happy with it.   

See 2nd item down for Pedal Box Plus.  https://www.diesel-performance.co.uk/systems_available.php?id=5239

Discount code RF80 will bag you some discount - brings price down to £179 plus P&P.  Enter it near top of the linked page. 
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #19 on: 23 May 2017, 16:50 »
Service done, all sorted with no problems and car wasn't washed. I switched the box off at home before I left and what a difference without it. Yes you can just put your foot down harder but it's not the same, the pedalbox really does make the car feel properly nimble and responsive, more alive and fun. Only thing I did balls up was I left the pedalbox manual on top of the service book :rolleyes: What a spanner :embarrassed: :laugh:

Haha, after all that and you leave the manual lying around - rumbled.  Glad all went well and car remained untouched in the cleaning sense.
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual