Author Topic: Post your 7.5 GTI exterior pics in here please - solve my colour conundrum  (Read 49949 times)

Offline Don76

• Not said much yet
Oryx white gets my vote. Changes from white to silver to gold depending on sunlight. Not cheap tho.

https://youtu.be/kOeMT0ixChk

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
I do like those Brescia wheels (and have ordered them for mine) but I do wonder how easy they will be to damage through 'curbing'? What do others think?

Generally it's the wife that drives by 'touch' but I admit I have spoilt a rim through carelessness (or aggressive curbs as I prefer to think of it  :whistle:)

Very likely. I'm very careful but have had 3 curbing incidents on two of my wheels in 2 years. There's so little tyre and so much wheel that if you touch a kerb you will almost certainly cause damage. Still, with mine the damage is only really noticeable when up close and corrosion hasn't set in yet. Expect it to lessen the dissappointment when it eventually happens and just enjoy the looks :smiley:
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline Arnold_Lane

• GTI forum regular
I've been thinking the same but my logic was that I'd never kerbed the rims on my Octavia, that was until this morning at least... :cry:

Octavia vRS rims seemed to be quite narrow compared to the tyres and relatively low risk for curbing. I had two estates and neither suffered any wheel damage even allowing for wife's driving style!!
SOLD - 67 Golf GTi PP, 5dr, DSG in Issac Blue with rear camera, keyless entry, Dynaudio, Brescia alloys & DCC.

Offline Daz Auto

• I live here
  • Other brands of washing powder are available.
Atlantic Blue with standard GTI alloys -

10/8/2017 - GTI Performance, Red,5dr DS

Offline Daz Auto

• I live here
Rubin Black (though this photo is so shiny the maroon colour is less noticeable) -

Offline Daz Auto

• I live here
Another White Silver (the VW garage is a nicer colour :huh: :grin:) -

Offline Daz Auto

• I live here
Could I interest Sir in a little deep black pearl number -

Offline linc-dub

• Here all the time
I ordered an Isaac Blue GTD last weekend.
Picked up 02.09.17 Mk7.5 GTD Isaac Blue, Manual 5 Drs, DCC, Reversing Camera, Keyless, 90% tints, Heated front screen, Mudflaps all round

Sep 2015 65 plate Mk7 GTD Carbon Grey, Manual, 5 Drs, DCC, Reversing Camera, Sat Nav, Keyless, Sport & Sound, Mudflaps all round

2013 63 plate Mk7 GTD, Manual, 5 doors, Carbon Grey Metalic, ACC, Reversing Camera, Mudflaps front & rear - Took delivery October 2013

Offline Fewie

• Not said much yet
@ Daz Auto, thanks for all these pics mate, really helping.  DP Black looks good but don't think I could live with it due to the cleaning demands.  Atlantic blue just isn't for me.

Need to see a good Isaac Blue and Indium Grey to complete the set now
MK7.5 Golf GTI in Isaac Blue with Performance Pack, 19" Brescia's, Dynaudio, Reversing Camera & Climate Screen, ordered 16/05/17.  Counting down the days to collection on September 2nd

Offline I wanted a GTi

• I live here
Oryx white gets my vote. Changes from white to silver to gold depending on sunlight. Not cheap tho.

https://youtu.be/kOeMT0ixChk

Oryx white doesn't change colour like that, on a dull day it looks just like flat white, on a sunny day it looks great especially if you're wearing sunglasses. At night under some nice led lighting like in supermarket car park it looks brilliant.
5 door GTD in night blue collected 1/3/17