Author Topic: Post your 7.5 GTI exterior pics in here please - solve my colour conundrum  (Read 49960 times)

Offline Fewie

• Not said much yet
Guys

Can I ask you all to post any 7.5 GTI exterior pics you have or find in here please?  I'm really struggling to select my colour (I've gone tungsten but can still change) so need some help.

When it comes to things like this I'm a bit OCD as well, so it helps if the photos are of gti's with the red trim rather than the silver of the GTD.  with the new colours on the 7.5 too and the comparative rarity of the GTI I'm struggling to see physical vehicles too which would always help.

I'll update the thread too with any good pics I find, I'm spending half my life on the #GolfGTI tag on insta at the moment.

Thanks in advance for the assistance
MK7.5 Golf GTI in Isaac Blue with Performance Pack, 19" Brescia's, Dynaudio, Reversing Camera & Climate Screen, ordered 16/05/17.  Counting down the days to collection on September 2nd

Offline Daz Auto

• I live here
  • Other brands of washing powder are available.
Sorry no photos. However, I had the exact same problem and agonised over this for weeks. If you see any Tungsten Silver Golf you can compare how the colour contrasts against the rear lights. It is probably the easiest colour to keep looking clean. Though, in the end, I decided it was too conservative a colour for a GTI.

I see you have ordered 19inch alloys. Many people recommend DCC + 19inch alloys, unless you are happy with a really firm riding car.
« Last Edit: 20 May 2017, 11:00 by Daz Auto »

10/8/2017 - GTI Performance, Red,5dr DS

Offline I wanted a GTi

• I live here
Guys

Can I ask you all to post any 7.5 GTI exterior pics you have or find in here please?  I'm really struggling to select my colour (I've gone tungsten but can still change) so need some help.

When it comes to things like this I'm a bit OCD as well, so it helps if the photos are of gti's with the red trim rather than the silver of the GTD.  with the new colours on the 7.5 too and the comparative rarity of the GTI I'm struggling to see physical vehicles too which would always help.

I'll update the thread too with any good pics I find, I'm spending half my life on the #GolfGTI tag on insta at the moment.

Thanks in advance for the assistance

There is a load of photos already posted on here. It is not exactly a large amount of colour to chose from.

Also and please done take offence but as someone that knows someone actually with OCD I do wish people would learn what it is before saying they're a bit OCD
5 door GTD in night blue collected 1/3/17

Offline Fewie

• Not said much yet
@ I wanted a GTI, I don't mean to cause offence, perhaps poor choice of words on my part.

I've trawled this forum and others and I'm struggling to find real world photos of the GTi in some of the newer colours, hence my request.

@ Daz Auto, until recently my car history was mainly cup pack equipped Renault Sport cars so in comparison the 19" equipped cars I have test driven have rode well (especially when compared to the wife's mini on 17" run flats)

MK7.5 Golf GTI in Isaac Blue with Performance Pack, 19" Brescia's, Dynaudio, Reversing Camera & Climate Screen, ordered 16/05/17.  Counting down the days to collection on September 2nd

Offline Fewie

• Not said much yet
@ David25, that's the best photo I've seen of tungsten, thank you for posting

Offline kane1210

• Here all the time
I ordered white silver yesterday! 😍😍😍 (not my pic)

upload img to html link

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
Always worth checking the used cars section of VW's website. Dealers are now advertising facelift demos for sale and there's currently Pure White, Black Pearl, Black Rubin and Atlantic Blue mk7.5 GTI's for sale with photos (some with videos) in the used car section.
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline Guzzle

• I live here
People used to post their new car photo's in the new arrivals thread above. It was a pretty good one-stop-shop for things like this. But it seems to have gotten a bit fragmented of late.
7.5 GTD

Offline kalimon

• I live here
  • My other car's a van
I don't think you'd regret your choice of Tungsten at a later date. It's a really cool colour imo and quite rare on a GTI as far as I can tell.
5 DR Mk 7 GTI PP
Carbon Grey, Dynaudio, Car Net App, High Beam Assist, Rear View Camera. Collected 14/03/16