Author Topic: Revo stage 1 map GTI mk7  (Read 14174 times)

Offline Burger81

• Not said much yet
Revo stage 1 map GTI mk7
« on: 18 May 2017, 13:31 »
I have spoken to a Revo installer near me and he looked up on his system the gains from just a stage 1 map.
From standard a stage 1 takes it to:
From 217 to 300-307bhp
Torque  from 258lb/ft to 320lb/ft

This seems like a huge leap just from a stage 1 map, I was assured this is correct with no other mods.

Does that sound right to you guys? Anyone got a revo map on a manual GTI? That can compare figures.
He said he hasn't had anyone come back with clutch issues with this which from what I read on here is a known weakness with lots of torque.
I'd worry about the clutch with that torque!!

Also I had a revo map on a focus RS mk2, and it only added 50bhp on a standard engine, he reckoned the VAG TSI engines see big gains from a map.
Just doesn't seem right to me?

Offline Burger81

• Not said much yet
Re: Revo stage 1 map GTI mk7
« Reply #1 on: 18 May 2017, 14:43 »
Seems Revo website back these figures up. Probably where he got them from :whistle:

Offline hobbes22

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #2 on: 18 May 2017, 14:53 »
I spoke to my local Revo Dealer in Lincoln, who quoted the same figures.
Sold - Octavia 2.0 PD Tdi. Shark remap. EGR Delete. Decat. H&R Shocks. Hybrid Turbo.

Sold - 2016 GTI PP, Manual. Pure White. Keyless.

Current - GTI Performance, DSG, Isaac Blue, Brescia 19”.

Offline GloriaGTI

• Not said much yet
  • Nic
« Reply #3 on: 18 May 2017, 14:54 »
He's not pulling your leg. Look at all of the tuners providing software for the EA888 and you'll see.

Even the DTUK box will take you close to 300bhp IIRC.
Mk7 GTI PP DSG - Limestone Grey w/ black Austin's

Offline Burger81

• Not said much yet
« Reply #4 on: 18 May 2017, 17:25 »
But is this too much for the supposedly fragile standard clutch? What torque is a cut off point before needing an uprated clutch??

Just going by previous cars  I have had I genuinely thought it would only gain 40-50bhp!

Offline gazmondo35

• Here all the time
« Reply #5 on: 18 May 2017, 18:12 »
When I had a stage 1 revo on my mk7 gti it was very impressive ,I never did get it on the rolling road to  confirm the power ,but it seemed faster than my mk7 R which I have now , but word of warning get the bottom Engine mount upgraded ,because I broke mine due too excessive wheel hopping & ended up with a 10k warranty claim .
Mk7 golf R DBP
MK7 golf gti pp red (sold)

Offline rwleigh

• Here all the time
  • Richard.
« Reply #6 on: 18 May 2017, 18:39 »
When I had a stage 1 revo on my mk7 gti it was very impressive ,I never did get it on the rolling road to  confirm the power ,but it seemed faster than my mk7 R which I have now , but word of warning get the bottom Engine mount upgraded ,because I broke mine due too excessive wheel hopping & ended up with a 10k warranty claim .

How did you get on with a warranty claim on a remapped car?
Golf GTI CS40 #010 | Manual | 5 door | Pure White | Car-Net | 90% tints | Winter Pack | REVO stage 1

Offline kane1210

• Here all the time
« Reply #7 on: 18 May 2017, 18:54 »

^^^ what he said

Offline Burger81

• Not said much yet
« Reply #8 on: 18 May 2017, 19:00 »
Was the wheel hopping just from spinning up due to the extra power and it not putting it down?

Offline mezzer123

• Not said much yet
« Reply #9 on: 18 May 2017, 19:17 »

^^^ what he said

^^^ i'll second that ^^^

I got in touch with a revo installer just a mile down the road from me the other day, and he said the power gained would be somewhere between 310-325hp so your numbers are nearly the same as the ones I was quoted, but I think ill wait another 2 years until the warranty has ran out, as knowing my luck something would give and it would be down to the revo map causing it,
2016 Golf GTI PP, 5 Doors, Carbon Grey, 19" Santiago's, Leather Seats