Author Topic: Current delivery times?  (Read 121932 times)

Offline Fewie

• Not said much yet
Re: Current delivery times?
« Reply #260 on: 26 July 2017, 22:27 »
Looking good Beezer, be nice to see more pics when you have chance as your spec is similar to mine.

What car did you have to sell? I'm putting my existing Octavia vRS up on autotrader at the weekend when I return from my holiday in Cornwall

Thanks mate. Yeah I'll try and post a few better pictures once I've given it a good clean. Couldn't have picked a worse day weather wise for delivery it was filthy by the time it got here (about 280 miles in the rain!). Gave it a quick rinse once the weather brightened up. The photo above was about 8:30pm so was running out of daylight by then. The wheels up close are really nice. I know diamond cut aren't everyone's cup of tea, but up close they really stand out.

My old car was a RR Evoque. Only had it about 2 year, was nice on long journeys but was a bit of a bus for day to day driving so fancied something a bit more fun. The Evoque was 5 year old now and while I had a lot of advert views I didn't get many calls. I think people are put off buying expensive cars privately as there's the risk of getting scammed or buying a dog with little comeback. It was actually a garage from Derby who bought it. They said they sell a lot of them. I'd priced it fairly cheap to sell and while I took about £600 less than I wanted, it was still £2400 more than we buy any car and the like we're offering. Overall I'm happy enough considering the 15% discount I got on the GTI by going through Drivethedeal.

Ive got a 250 mile journey home from James @ JCB Medway when I collect mine but as a true Yorkshire man I'll do anything for value for money.

Hoping my Octavia vRS sells easily, otherwise I'll need to pay excess mileage fees as I end my PCP agreement
MK7.5 Golf GTI in Isaac Blue with Performance Pack, 19" Brescia's, Dynaudio, Reversing Camera & Climate Screen, ordered 16/05/17.  Counting down the days to collection on September 2nd

Offline linc-dub

• Here all the time
« Reply #261 on: 26 July 2017, 22:40 »
Isaac Blue GTD ordered 13.05.17 arrived at my dealership today - not putting it on the road until 02.09.17  :cool:
Picked up 02.09.17 Mk7.5 GTD Isaac Blue, Manual 5 Drs, DCC, Reversing Camera, Keyless, 90% tints, Heated front screen, Mudflaps all round

Sep 2015 65 plate Mk7 GTD Carbon Grey, Manual, 5 Drs, DCC, Reversing Camera, Sat Nav, Keyless, Sport & Sound, Mudflaps all round

2013 63 plate Mk7 GTD, Manual, 5 doors, Carbon Grey Metalic, ACC, Reversing Camera, Mudflaps front & rear - Took delivery October 2013

Offline Beezer

• Not said much yet
« Reply #262 on: 26 July 2017, 23:01 »
Ive got a 250 mile journey home from James @ JCB Medway when I collect mine but as a true Yorkshire man I'll do anything for value for money.

Hoping my Octavia vRS sells easily, otherwise I'll need to pay excess mileage fees as I end my PCP agreement

I offered to collect mine but asked if he could knock anything off cost wise or chuck something in free as I was saving him the delivery cost. He wouldn't do neither so I just said deliver it then as it was included in the DTD price. A train ticket at short notice would cost me best part of £100

I know people worry about them just chucking the work experience kid they keys and it being flogged, but the delivery guy they sent was spot on. Retired fella whose does drop offs for them 2/3 times a week. Took him best part of 6 hours to get up to Durham so must have been taking it nice and easy.

Offline Fewie

• Not said much yet
« Reply #263 on: 27 July 2017, 09:00 »
I'll be collecting mine regardless, I'm too obsessive to allow someone else to drive my car, especially 1st use.  The Mrs wants to join me though which means it may cost me double in train tickets  :cry:
MK7.5 Golf GTI in Isaac Blue with Performance Pack, 19" Brescia's, Dynaudio, Reversing Camera & Climate Screen, ordered 16/05/17.  Counting down the days to collection on September 2nd

Offline Daz Auto

• I live here
  • Other brands of washing powder are available.
« Reply #264 on: 27 July 2017, 09:49 »
I'll be collecting mine regardless, I'm too obsessive to allow someone else to drive my car, especially 1st use.  The Mrs wants to join me though which means it may cost me double in train tickets  :cry:
A nice day out for you both.

After collection we will probably spend the day out driving the car. Though the garage is only a 15 miles away. There is a restaurant we both like about 100 miles along the coast. It is the least I could do after all the car talk she has had to listen to. :embarrassed: And there will be no argument from me on who is the designated driver. :smug: :cool:
« Last Edit: 27 July 2017, 09:53 by Daz Auto »

10/8/2017 - GTI Performance, Red,5dr DS

Offline Beezer

• Not said much yet
« Reply #265 on: 27 July 2017, 17:52 »
Looking good Beezer, be nice to see more pics when you have chance as your spec is similar to mine.

I've put a few more pics in the new arrivals thread for anyone that's interested.  :smiley:

Offline MrE

• Not said much yet
« Reply #266 on: 01 August 2017, 08:40 »
My build week 31 has left the factory and in transit. 1 more month to go I guess....

Does anyone know how it can be tracked in terms of shipping etc - so I can keep hitting enter on the keyboard every hour for the next month 😂

Offline Mick.r

• Not said much yet
« Reply #267 on: 01 August 2017, 09:57 »
Hi all. I'm also build week 31 and live chat says I'm currently in the body shop !!  :grin:

Offline Fewie

• Not said much yet
« Reply #268 on: 01 August 2017, 19:05 »
The my VW app has just updated my build week 30 order to status 6, arrived in the UK.  Won't be collecting it until the new reg but nice to know she's here

Offline mariamartinez

• Not said much yet
« Reply #269 on: 02 August 2017, 07:24 »
Mick, Ferwie, MrE.....when did you place the order originally?