Author Topic: Edition 35 ?  (Read 2193 times)

Offline o`Neil

• GTI forum regular
Edition 35 ?
« on: 09 March 2017, 12:37 »
I`ve been searching for a Mk6 GTI for a good while now but haven`t come across anything worthy of my cash.

I`m quite particular in the spec I want and as such they seem to be few and far between. Usually to be found in dodgy dealers wanting main  dealer money, these chancers are trying to sell ropey cars that want money spending on them.

But I have come across a Edition 35 that might just fit the bill.

I`m aware of the spec of the car although I`m not sure they are worth the extra asking price?

So can any Ed35 owners convince me that I`d be better off with one over a standard Mk6 GTI?

Offline Peter W

• GTI forum regular
  • 35 edition
Re: Edition 35 ?
« Reply #1 on: 10 March 2017, 20:47 »
Convince you, that's your choice.

Spec is higher as standard but that drives the premium in price. If you are looking to modify I think the engine maybe open to good bhp gains as the turbo is larger. I could be wrong though. I'm very happy with mine it's been faultless. MPG 25 - 27 but my driving is quite colourful. Go and have a look at one you will not be disappointed. Anything in particular you want to know about let me know.
35 Edition | Deep Black Pearl | DSG | RNS510 | Leather | 19" Glendales | Lux & winter pack | F&R PDS + rear camera | Xenon & LED F&R
Michelin Pilot Super Sports PS4 | Stage 1

Offline Preston-m3

• Just got here
Re: Edition 35 ?
« Reply #2 on: 12 March 2017, 16:51 »
I'm in the same boat as you, have been looking for a nice mk6 gti and have a specific spec and expectation of condition. I drove from preston to Cannock today to view a car at an indi dealer who told me the car was mint had this had that etc. Got there the car wasn't even on site even though they knew I was coming and at what time. When they got it to site after 40 mins i inspected and it would have needed at least £1000 of work to get it t anything what I would consider as good condition and didn't have 2 options I wanted that they said it did so a 5 hour round trip wasted. It was an 3 door, dsg, 11 plate with 42k they wanted £13k and wouldn't listen to any offers? Bizarre.