Author Topic: GTD late winter tart up.  (Read 5316 times)

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
GTD late winter tart up.
« on: 21 February 2017, 08:11 »
Ashamed to say with the weather we've had, i've not been tending to the car as much as i should.

Well at the weekend i decided to give her a late winter spruce up.

Started with a power wash then AS snow foam. Whilst that was dwelling, i sprayed the wheels with bilberry wheel cleaner, and went around the details (badges, grills etc.) with a detailing brush. then power washed off which got rid of most of the grime. Cleaned the alloys with an older lambswool mit and my EZ Detail brush.

Then followed with a TBM wash using Meguiars shampoo and a new lambswool mit. When the car was clean, power washed off again. Then sprayed the car with Carpro Iron-X to get rid of the built up contaminants. Then followed with a clay using Megs Last touch as lubricant. Car washed and rinsed again then dried using my mammoth drying cloth.

Then taped up the car and machine polished with a DA using lime prime on a hexlogic pad, which removed 90% of the light swirling (which will do until spring), following by 2 coats of C2V2. Then followed with a coat of Dodjuice purple haze. Wheels polished and sealed with Poorboys wheel sealant.

Tyres dressed and that was pretty much it for the outside. Inside was simply vacuumed, and all surfaces wiped with a damp microfibre. Rubber mats cleaned with Megs APC.

So, onto the pictures (quite a few i'm afraid)

Before

After

2022 Tiguan R-Line 2.0 TSI 4-Motion. Nightshade blue, pano roof, IQ lights, Nav Pro, Harmon Kardon, Heated Windscreen, Heated rear seats, Wireless charging, Heads up display, dual height boot floor, Keyless with electric tailgate, Electronic TPMS, underbody protection, Area View Cameras

Offline jv

• Administrator
  • Serious forum addict
Re: GTD late winter tart up.
« Reply #1 on: 21 February 2017, 08:34 »
Stunning work - love the first 'after' pic  :cool:
Buy site stuff!
GolfGTI.co.uk - merchandise

Support the forum charity!
Forum Charity

Offline Mr GTD

• I live here
« Reply #2 on: 21 February 2017, 08:48 »
Looks awesome that does Sootchucker :cool:

Excellent job...
Collected 1st March 17 - MK7 GTD 5dr DSG Pure White With Optional Extras - Tech Pack - Sports & Sound - Pan Roof - Tints - Leather

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #3 on: 21 February 2017, 09:02 »
Stunning transformation.  :cool:

Great work and great pics. Such a lovely colour on a Gtd.
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline Wo-Wo

• Forum Supporter
  • I live here
  • www.wo-wo.co.uk
« Reply #4 on: 21 February 2017, 09:14 »
Looks great - love the colour!

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #5 on: 21 February 2017, 09:58 »
Fantastic job, looks great :smiley: I like the understated "and that was pretty much it"!! After all that effort!
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline Mr GTD

• I live here
« Reply #6 on: 21 February 2017, 10:58 »
Sootchucker where did you get your red GTD badge skins from..? Might look to get some esp once I have the DTUK fitted.

Have you got a link..?

Thanks
Collected 1st March 17 - MK7 GTD 5dr DSG Pure White With Optional Extras - Tech Pack - Sports & Sound - Pan Roof - Tints - Leather

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
« Reply #7 on: 21 February 2017, 11:21 »
Thanks all.

Mr GTD - I got them from here - http://www.badgeskins.com/mk7.html
2022 Tiguan R-Line 2.0 TSI 4-Motion. Nightshade blue, pano roof, IQ lights, Nav Pro, Harmon Kardon, Heated Windscreen, Heated rear seats, Wireless charging, Heads up display, dual height boot floor, Keyless with electric tailgate, Electronic TPMS, underbody protection, Area View Cameras

Offline Mr GTD

• I live here
« Reply #8 on: 21 February 2017, 15:17 »
Thanks all.

Mr GTD - I got them from here - http://www.badgeskins.com/mk7.html

Brilliant, thank you but I can't see the GTD front grille & boot skins…?.

I can see the GTD fender skins though which I also will need.

Offline Mr GTD

• I live here
« Reply #9 on: 21 February 2017, 15:19 »
Oh and in your opinion what blade colour should I go with for a white car.....white lol..? Or.....