Author Topic: camber issue  (Read 4115 times)

Offline lamplighter

• Not said much yet
Re: camber issue
« Reply #10 on: 12 December 2016, 21:36 »
Right went to tps ordered x2 shocks airport discount and a bit more discount  £136 for the pair which i thought was good for oem  also got the wishbone bolts shock bolts and nuts and the hpfp follower £42 all in .

The wishbone was way too expensive @ TPS so had to go to eurocarparts also the bottom ball joint should have been £107 got them for £75  after discount codes and vouchers .

Then went to do the job only to find that the shock bolt is a m14 spline and i only had a m12 bummer so will have to wait till Saturday so knowing my luck with this job it will probably snow 10ft just as im about to start LOL

Offline lemski

• Forum addict
  • 16v
« Reply #11 on: 13 December 2016, 10:00 »
10Ft haha.
Yeh them splines when they could have used bolts. Sounds like a really good saving though

Offline Teutonic_Tamer

• Forum addict
  • GreasedMonkey - HoofHearted - GTI now mod'ed, ASK!
« Reply #12 on: 15 December 2016, 08:46 »
Lamps, what make is the lower arm which ECP supplied?  I ask, because ECP have a dreadful reputation of supplying wrong parts across the entire VAG range.
Sean - Independent Automotive Engineering Technician (ret'd)
-----
'06/7 Golf Mk5 GTI 5dr (BWA) DSG, colour coded,

I feel like a homo

Offline lemski

• Forum addict
  • 16v
« Reply #13 on: 15 December 2016, 09:59 »
Lamps, what make is the lower arm which ECP supplied?  I ask, because ECP have a dreadful reputation of supplying wrong parts across the entire VAG range.

Its not just the vag range its any car they like to get the wrong bits for

Offline lamplighter

• Not said much yet
« Reply #14 on: 18 December 2016, 16:55 »
Just an update couldn't do the job on Saturday lower ball joint stick solid so the hub has to come off  so need to get a hub bolt from tps also the drop link on the ARB looks like someone has had a go at it before and has trashed the spline slot so that's gona have to be cut off . 

So what i have decided to do due to time and my shifts is give the work to a local garage so paying just for them to do it with me supplying the bits . After a very long hard look at the wishbone looks like i don't need to change and it didn't look as old as the off side one .

Lamps