Author Topic: What detailing have you done today?  (Read 542343 times)

Offline Jeni_R_

• Here all the time
Re: What detailing have you done today?
« Reply #1350 on: 25 September 2017, 22:31 »
Looking very smart there Jeni, you must be very pleased :smiley: Are you going to get your mirror caps wrapped black too?

I had considered it but thot maybe just too much ? Would b gd to see what it would look like i suppose :) been a lovely day here so gave her the full clean and gtechniq on me wheels

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #1351 on: 25 September 2017, 23:17 »
I think it would be just right. Not too much of a risk to give it a go, £60ish. Or you can get a set of genuine VW caps sprayed and delivered for about £75 on ebay (avoid the non-oem ones, they may not fit quite right and as I found are a bit brittle and the catches snap easily) then you can have the best of both worlds or if you don't like them you'll sell them easily enough and get most of your money back :smiley:
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline Jeni_R_

• Here all the time
« Reply #1352 on: 26 September 2017, 08:18 »
I think it would be just right. Not too much of a risk to give it a go, £60ish. Or you can get a set of genuine VW caps sprayed and delivered for about £75 on ebay (avoid the non-oem ones, they may not fit quite right and as I found are a bit brittle and the catches snap easily) then you can have the best of both worlds or if you don't like them you'll sell them easily enough and get most of your money back :smiley:

have you done yours in black ?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VW-GOLF-MK7-GLOSS-BLACK-DOOR-WING-MIRROR-COVERS-CAPS-PAIR-LEFT-RIGHT-GTI-GTD-R-/292183131802?fits=Car+Make%3AVW%7CModel%3AGolf%7CPlat_Gen%3AMK+VII&epid=2144223612&hash=item440778c69a:g:iTwAAOSwQ59ZaMnv

like these or are these the crap ones ?
« Last Edit: 26 September 2017, 08:21 by Jeni_R_ »

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #1353 on: 26 September 2017, 09:56 »
I had mine wrapped in pretend carbon fibre but a lorry took exception and removed the entire mirror from one side :angry:. Then I bought some genuine CF replacements but as they weren't genuine VW one of the clips snapped in fitting, as I mentioned above I found the clips to be more rigid than the genuine covers so they were easy to break. Also the fit wasn't 100% so I wasn't happy with them which is why I would steer you away from the ones you have linked to. These:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VW-GOLF-MK7-GENUINE-OEM-WING-MIRROR-COVERS-2013-2017-NEW-ANY-VW-COLOUR-PAIR/272059569162?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

are allegedly genuine VW but before buying I would call them to confirm first and reject if on arrival it turns out they are not. There are a few peopleon here who have or had white GTIs with the black mirror caps and they do look great, also look good on red but something out there seems determined to stop me from having them :rolleyes: :laugh:
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1354 on: 26 September 2017, 11:07 »
Has the detailing section moved?  Is this the new modding section?  No it's not. This way to the mk7 section.  🔽 :wink:
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #1355 on: 26 September 2017, 11:24 »
Has the detailing section moved?  Is this the new modding section?  No it's not. This way to the mk7 section.  🔽 :wink:

They're bound to get dirty at some stage :whistle:
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1356 on: 26 September 2017, 13:16 »

Way too tenuous a link, you'll have to do better than that.  :tongue:
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline Jeni_R_

• Here all the time
« Reply #1357 on: 26 September 2017, 13:58 »

Way too tenuous a link, you'll have to do better than that.  :tongue:

:evil: :laugh:

#hangsheadinshameforhijackingathread

Offline Jeni_R_

• Here all the time
« Reply #1358 on: 26 September 2017, 13:59 »

Rebecca how did you make that fancy wee signature with the pics ? i would like one too

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1359 on: 26 September 2017, 14:10 »

Rebecca how did you make that fancy wee signature with the pics ? i would like one too

Well now I'm gonna have to go off topic and tell myself off.  :grin:  Shut up, Watts!   :laugh:

I used a photo merge/photostitch app to just join pics together. Easy Merge it was but there are loads out there.   :smiley: 
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual