Author Topic: MK7 and VCDS (VAG-COM) thread  (Read 781179 times)

Offline itavaltalainen

• I live here
  • VCDS and VCP - fault codes, coding, VIM activation
Re: MK7 and VCDS (VAG-COM) thread
« Reply #1080 on: 25 July 2017, 18:19 »
A few seconds, afaik same as CH/LH.
2019 Seat Leon ST FR DSG 135kW - eclipse orange - 23k miles

Offline jbale

• Just got here
« Reply #1081 on: 28 July 2017, 20:32 »
Has anyone made module maps of a face lifted Mk7 yet? I'm really curious about how they are handling the new LED tails so I'd love to see a 09- Central Electronics map.   :smiley:

Offline itavaltalainen

• I live here
  • VCDS and VCP - fault codes, coding, VIM activation
« Reply #1082 on: 28 July 2017, 21:23 »
Similar to mk7. Getting mk7.5 rear led indicators is not just a coding issue....
2019 Seat Leon ST FR DSG 135kW - eclipse orange - 23k miles

Offline jbale

• Just got here
« Reply #1083 on: 28 July 2017, 22:05 »
Similar to mk7. Getting mk7.5 rear led indicators is not just a coding issue....

Oh I'm very aware of that haha! I have built a number of adapters for the face lift LED retrofit on US/CA cars with incandescent tail lights. I am just curious about when the dynamic signal is active (Ie is it active when locking and unlocking or when the hatch is open) and how single sided part lights are handled.

Offline marius0604

• Just got here
« Reply #1084 on: 18 September 2017, 10:47 »
Hi,

I don't know if this has been discussed before. I have a Golf mk7 Trendline (2016) and for the last week or so I've been trying to install the Multifunction Steering wheel and get it fully working.

So far:
-the CAN Gateway has been switched from low to high, so right now I have a fully working Gateway High (no CP).
-The multifunction steering wheel is installed and controls are mostly working (multifunction display - it's a trendline so it's the low version, + media controls).
-The 'extra' cruise control wire is installed (ECU pin 56 - steering wheel controls pin 5 if I remember correctly)

I have issues however with activating cruise control. Both cruise control and the speed limiter have been activated via VCDS in Engine and Steering, but when at least one of these two is activated, I get an error in Engine:
"Check Coding of ECUs on Powertrain Data Bus"
and when Cruise Control is activated, an error also appears in ABS as well.
Cruise Control shows "ERR" on the display, but the speed limiter works just fine apparently. So the best guess right now would be that some sort of coding needs to be done on ABS side as well in order to prepare for CC. And for the Golf MK7 at least in VCDS for ABS, there's no helper, and there are 60 bytes to code...

I've seen successful retrofits with instructions for cruise control via the signal stalker, but not on the multifunction steering wheel so far, and it would be a shame to just leave those controls there with no function. Can anyone help me with the missing coding?

Offline Mark V GTD

• I live here
« Reply #1085 on: 18 September 2017, 19:13 »
Anyone found a way to extend the time before the rear camera folds back in?

Offline CocoPops

• I live here
« Reply #1086 on: 18 September 2017, 20:06 »
It's probably not time, but speed.
My old Audi Q3, was set to turn off camera at 15kmh, highest I could go was 25kmh with VCDS.
2018 GTI Performance Pack DSG 5dr, Tornado Red, Leather, 18" Seville Wheels, DCC Suspension, Tints, RVC
2018 Lotus Elise Sport220
Previous : 1983 Mk1 Golf 1.1 & 2008 Mk5 Golf GTI Ed30

Offline I wanted a GTi

• I live here
« Reply #1087 on: 18 September 2017, 20:10 »
It's probably not time, but speed.
My old Audi Q3, was set to turn off camera at 15kmh, highest I could go was 25kmh with VCDS.

Same with my CC, I don't have a camera in my Golf.
5 door GTD in night blue collected 1/3/17

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #1088 on: 01 January 2018, 17:19 »
Not seen this one mentioned but here is a tweak that when the main beam is activated (either by the flash or full main beam), the front LED fogs come on as well. I tried this out last night and it works really well. The main beam of the Xenon headlights gives a super strong and focused beam into the distance, and the front fogs very nicely illuminate the area to the front and sides of the car. When dipping for on coming traffic, the fogs just switch off in tandem with the main beam. When travelling at speed on unilluminated country roads, it really does light the whole road up for you.

Remember if you do this on a GTI or GTD, then as we have LED front fogs, don't forget to change the illumination value to 127 not 100 (which is for halogen fogs).

Anyway here it is (credit to DV52 over at the vwwatercooled.com.au and vwvortex.com forums).

VCDS Tweak - Fog Light (and High Beam) "Flasher"

From the main screen select 09-Cent. Elect
    When the BMC screen opens, select Security Access-16
    Enter the magic number 31347
    When the main BCM screen returns, select Adaptation-10
    Change the settings in adaptation channels shown in the two Tables below to the "New Value":

Note1: The channels in the Tables below are about 80% down the list of channels on the VCDS adaptation screen
Note2: Select the adaptation channels carefully as other channels have similar descriptions
Note3: If LED Fog Lights are installed - change adaptation channel (10) on both left and right fog-lights to "127" (instead of "100")
Note4: Adaptation channels (11) - (i.e. last row in Table) should not need to be changed, but the settings should be checked

Has anyone managed to do this on a later car? I have been trying on my 2016 PFL Match with no joy.
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline Gnasher

• I live here
  • Formerly GnasherVXR
« Reply #1089 on: 01 January 2018, 17:23 »
I've just done in on my '14 GTI. Worked fine with no issues.
2014 Golf GTI (PP) in Pure White with
Vienna Leather, Keyless Entry, High Beam Assist, Park Assist, Rear View Camera. Milltek Exhaust, Eibach Sportlines, 19" BBS SR wheels - SOLD!!!!!

2018 Audi TTRS in Nardo Grey with
Black pack, 20" Alloys, Privacy glass and Sports Exhaust. No mods yet!