Author Topic: GTD Sound Actuator  (Read 82334 times)

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
Re: GTD Sound Actuator
« Reply #220 on: 18 April 2018, 13:28 »
 :smiley: :smiley:
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline Jeni_R_

• Here all the time
« Reply #221 on: 06 June 2018, 09:41 »
:smiley: :smiley:

I have to say i love the sound of my GTD S&S setup - makes me grin actually every time my husband takes it out the driveway its only when you are out of the car you really get to hear the growl (i do not get to hear it this way often i hasten to add as he isn't allowed in her  :laugh: )

Offline JasonGTD

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #222 on: 06 June 2018, 12:48 »
I don't hear any change in tone or exhaust noise on mine tbh unless you are on the motorway and giving it the beans, a slight growl can be heard high into the rev range but that's it. Personally I would have liked it to be louder and more prominent at a lower rev range.

I'm pretty sure the '18 model uses no actuator, can anyone else confirm? or any new 2018 GTD owners hear something different to me?

I think the noise that I hear is internal only through the sound system.
2018 MK 7.5 GTD 3 Dr in Pure White,Extras,Front Splitter, Carbon Exhaust Tips.

Offline Guzzle

• I live here
« Reply #223 on: 06 June 2018, 13:13 »
Pre-facelift cars had the option of the Sport and Sound pack that included a sportier exhaust note. Our facelift cars don't have this. You should be able to adjust the soundaktor through the menus in the MIB, but only what you hear inside the car.
7.5 GTD

Offline Jeni_R_

• Here all the time
« Reply #224 on: 06 June 2018, 13:32 »
Pre-facelift cars had the option of the Sport and Sound pack that included a sportier exhaust note. Our facelift cars don't have this. You should be able to adjust the soundaktor through the menus in the MIB, but only what you hear inside the car.

Mines is a 16plate and it has a decent growl i deacrivated the sound actuator under the hood because i hated the fake internal sound and much prefer the rear sound i get with the s&s pack infact wen i was deciding on the car i had looked first at a 16plate red gtd the salesman was a knob so decided to just go and see the white one  even though it was 10 to 8 at night and the garage (25miles away at home) was closing at 8, called them to say i was en route and would they wait for me and thankfully they did when i got in it and started it up the exhaust notes had me sold ....
« Last Edit: 06 June 2018, 13:33 by Jeni_R_ »

Offline JasonGTD

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #225 on: 06 June 2018, 13:41 »

How is this adjusted mate ?

Offline Guzzle

• I live here
« Reply #226 on: 06 June 2018, 14:04 »

Through the mode selector button beside the gearstick. You should be able to see the modes come up onscreen. Eco, Sport and Normal are all pre-set but Individual allows you to mix and match. You should then be able to choose Engine sound.
7.5 GTD

Offline JasonGTD

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #227 on: 06 June 2018, 14:17 »

Ok yeah got that, that will just sound the same as when it’s in sport mode right? You can’t make it any louder than that ?

Through the mode selector button beside the gearstick. You should be able to see the modes come up onscreen. Eco, Sport and Normal are all pre-set but Individual allows you to mix and match. You should then be able to choose Engine sound.

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #228 on: 06 June 2018, 14:32 »
You want to make it LOUDER? Most people want it to stfu.

I use individual mode with engine noise set to eco, which is practically off. Makes my drive more peaceful, I can now hear Motorhead more clearly over the stereo, which is nice.
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline JasonGTD

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #229 on: 06 June 2018, 14:42 »
You want to make it LOUDER? Most people want it to stfu.

I use individual mode with engine noise set to eco, which is practically off. Makes my drive more peaceful, I can now hear Motorhead more clearly over the stereo, which is nice.

The Louder the better Fred 😂😂