Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2776577 times)

Offline I wanted a GTi

• I live here
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #6690 on: 26 May 2017, 18:33 »
I've been offered a new car because of all the problems with my car, it has to be a GTD so I have told them that I will take the weekend to think about it. Now do I let them try fix it or re order another one :rolleyes:

IMO that's a no brainer, can't you put some cash down and get a GTI?

No I can't, they said it has to be a GTD and all I pay for is the options I want to add to the spec.

If its that bad then you should definitely go for the new car

I have until next week to let them know what I want to do. I think if I was ordering a new one I'd go for 3 door, 19's, DSG and traffic assist but I'm not too sure on the colour, possible oryx white or tungsten silver.

Not a fan of nightblue then?

I love night blue but they have stopped doing it now. If they were still doing it it would be my choice, no second thoughts.
5 door GTD in night blue collected 1/3/17

Offline wigit

• I live here
« Reply #6691 on: 26 May 2017, 21:34 »
Booked it in with Alex @ AKS for an R600, TT Intake Pipe, Turbo Muffler Delete and time permitting a Revo Stage 1 remap.

Just in time for Inters on Sunday   :evil:

Revo Stage 1 for me is what made it interesting but R600 will heat soak badly if you are 1/4 miling

Offline wigit

• I live here
« Reply #6692 on: 26 May 2017, 21:37 »
Currently cheating on it with a Mini Cooper

Two-timing b@st@*d.  :grin:

I know and it was even parked behind it, anyway the turd has gone, Cooper D Auto is a woeful and over rated car but it is gone now

That said I got in contact with the dealer saying i wanted an Up GTI as a sh!tty for the c!ty

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #6693 on: 26 May 2017, 22:07 »
Currently cheating on it with a Mini Cooper

Two-timing b@st@*d.  :grin:

I know and it was even parked behind it, anyway the turd has gone, Cooper D Auto is a woeful and over rated car but it is gone now

That said I got in contact with the dealer saying i wanted an Up GTI as a sh!tty for the c!ty

I reckon the up! GTI will be an absolute hoot round town. 
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline gtiaps

• I live here
« Reply #6694 on: 27 May 2017, 11:33 »
Hi all
Well as I said the other day looked like being an early start and it was 6am down to the yard so indoors as the threat of thunderstorms were imminent and didn't wanna start then get caught out lol.
Usual citrus pre wash then 2Bw dried clayed  ( new rubber coated Mf cloth ) and clay lube worked better than I thought it would. Then poorboys dark glaze then Pb wax here's the result all by hand no power polishers lol ouch il pay for that later.
Gone for the arty full car pics more the reflections from angles for a change lol.
Anyways unable to get outside pics as just as I'd finished the heavens opened and the rain had started oh well least got the job out the way!!   :whistle:

upload images free

i

[url=http://postimg.org/image/52im6n4o7/full/]

upload images fre

[url=http://postimg.org/image/ssnuoh303/full/]

20mb image hosting

imagur

20mb image hosting

image url upload

how to do a screen shot

uploa

[url=http://postimg.org/image/7x0gxxksv/full/]

hosting image

image upload without registration

imag

image sharing sites
« Last Edit: 27 May 2017, 12:06 by gtiaps »
2010 Candy White Scirocco 2.0 TDI
2016 Carbon Grey Gti 2.0 Fully Loaded

COLLECTED 29/4/2016 and well pleased with the GTI😆😆

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #6695 on: 27 May 2017, 12:43 »
^^^ You may well pay for it later but well worth it, fantastic job! :smiley: Now you can enjoy the beer and crisps we discussed with a smug look on your face for a job well done :laugh:
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline gtiaps

• I live here
« Reply #6696 on: 27 May 2017, 15:17 »
^^^ You may well pay for it later but well worth it, fantastic job! :smiley: Now you can enjoy the beer and crisps we discussed with a smug look on your face for a job well done :laugh:

Lol thanks Peter..
 Just as i have sat down outside after sorting garage at home and read your message I truly do have a bottle in hand hahaha now who's ate the crisps  :laugh:

Offline I wanted a GTi

• I live here
« Reply #6697 on: 27 May 2017, 17:45 »
Bought some 20mm bolt on spacers for the rear. What do people think would be the best size to go with them for the front.

Offline I wanted a GTi

• I live here
« Reply #6698 on: 27 May 2017, 18:04 »
Anyone seen this advert on eBay  :laugh: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/201920077496

The description is class.

Offline gtiaps

• I live here
« Reply #6699 on: 29 May 2017, 11:33 »
Bought some 20mm bolt on spacers for the rear. What do people think would be the best size to go with them for the front.

This has been covered I quite a few posts in varying topics a few peeps run different variations of front and rear I myself have 20mm rears 15mm fronts had no issues at all with rubbing on the arches and I run stock 19" Santiago wheels