Author Topic: From Jap to Vag *27/11/13 car being returned to standard lots of parts for sale  (Read 61271 times)

Offline thai-wronghorse

• Serious forum addict
  • mk1 Seat Leon FR TDI
Re: From Jap to Vag *09/09/13 'shine bright like a diamond'
« Reply #200 on: 11 September 2013, 12:54 »
Been dye id expect the feel to be unchanged, shade consistency would be the toughest part I reckon.

Are there any pictures of the freshened interior?

Offline Chris#101

• I live here
« Reply #201 on: 11 September 2013, 18:20 »
Been dye id expect the feel to be unchanged, shade consistency would be the toughest part I reckon.

:smiley:

[/quote]

:
Just caught up on this, it's come a long way! Looking really good :cool:

What did you do the headlining with? I'm guessing you sprayed it? I'm looking at doing mine and can't decide between re-trimming and spraying :undecided:

cheers dom, likewise in yours, very jealous of your air  :lipsrsealed:

I was also humming and aringggg about what way to tackle it as there was no way I was going to pay the scene tax for a genuine one.

After a bit of research I found another solution to painting and re-trimming....

dyeing :cool: 5litres of valeters black carpet dye and a 4.5L garden sprayer cost me sub £50 and ive still got around 2.5L of dye left after the 4coats I applied to all of the interior  :cool:

Cheers for that :afro:

What's the fabric like to touch now? Same as before or has it gone crusty? I might well give it a go that way.
Update 07/09/13

As stated as your only dyeing the fabric it hasn't changed the feel to it only the appearance  :wink:

2003 1.8T: R-tech Live Cutom Stage 2 remap: N249 Bypass : Forge T.I.P : Forge 007p  : Forge Actuator, yellow spring : Toyosports F.M.I.C : Toyosports C.A.I :                                                                   PCV simplified - oil catch can : 42' Draft 3" turbo back non res exhaust system : Devils own W.M.I : 231bhp & 258lbs-ft

Offline Chris#101

• I live here
« Reply #202 on: 22 September 2013, 18:52 »
09/09/13

Well the detailers were round in full force today  :cool: very pleased with the outcome. the break down was

Apply traffic film remover to lower body work including wheels.

Then rinsed off.

Pre treated with snow foam allowing 15 minutes to dwell.

Then rinsed off.

Hand wash body work with carnauba wax and shampoo using the safe 3 bucket method,(wash, rinse, wheels)

Petrol cap cleaned.

Then rinsed off.

Dried using leather and a non scratch microfiber towel.

Tyre shine.

Tar spots removed.

Paintwork corrected using a safe dual action machine polisher to remove all imperfections.

Paintwork sealed and protected for 12 months using Diamondbrite stage 1 & 2 .

Exterior windows polished.

Got a few pictures  :smiley:

2003 1.8T: R-tech Live Cutom Stage 2 remap: N249 Bypass : Forge T.I.P : Forge 007p  : Forge Actuator, yellow spring : Toyosports F.M.I.C : Toyosports C.A.I :                                                                   PCV simplified - oil catch can : 42' Draft 3" turbo back non res exhaust system : Devils own W.M.I : 231bhp & 258lbs-ft

Offline Chris#101

• I live here
« Reply #203 on: 22 September 2013, 19:05 »
22/09/13

Because race car  :cool:

Shortly after having a discussion with the boys from R-tech about stage 2+ mapping for my car, I received one of their oversize T.I.P's. Upon arrival I was quite shocked to see just how much bigger it is in real life  :cool:.

I heard a few stories with them being a real pain to fit, but being a plant engineer im used to tight spaces and hand positions you wouldn't even think were possible  :grin:.

with the use of my friends ramp I set upon the task of removing the upper 45* boost pipe to gain a bit of access to removing all relative pipework and old tip. it took me around 1 & 1/2 hours from start to finish instantly noticing afterwards how much better the car responds to W.O.T from midrange to topend.

fat assss :drool:

Here are some comparison pictures.

monstrously bigger than standard and forge  :shocked:

I managed to bend the steel water pipe with it still attached to the block just enough to slide the T.I.P down to the turbo

the finished product :cool:

I also had 4 new tyres fitted as they were all getting down to the markers  :lipsrsealed:

Now got more rubber than Ann Summers  :grin:

and for this to be in the boot only means one thing :grin:.... MOT time  :lipsrsealed:

all parked up ready for exhaust fitting and test :cool:

Will report back on test out come  :whistle:

any opinions thoughts welcome as always

thanks for reading  :smiley:
« Last Edit: 22 September 2013, 19:24 by Chris#101 »

Offline Chris#101

• I live here
Re: From Jap to Vag *22/09/13 because RACECAR
« Reply #204 on: 26 October 2013, 23:55 »
26/10/13

Well it's a bit sudden and out of the blue really but I've just puta deposit down on my new car today :whistle:

It has been an awesome 3 years motoring and being part of the scene but I felt the time was right to move onto bigger and better things??? :lipsrsealed:

3years ago I brought this bog standard auq180

how it stands to this day.. A full Us spec 25th anniversary

Still undecided as to how I'm going to go about selling it  :undecided: how it stands or back to standard.

The new ride dare I say it..... :lipsrsealed: is number #700 out of #832  :wink:
'08 vauxhall astra vxr nurburgring edition
40k on clocks
1 previous owner
Immaculate, untouched completely original example with every? Factory extra fitted
*AFL xenon headlights
*nurburgring heated leather recaro seats
*folding heated mirrors
*refrigirated glove box
*remus turbo back exhaust with 100cel sports cat
* cd70 radio with +6 speakers
*satnav
*handsfree
*keyless entry
*keyless start
*parking sensors
*cruise control
*climate control

Will pop in time to time who knows one day I may be back  :evil:

Adios amigos

Offline Chris#101

• I live here
27/11/13

Its a very disheartening day.... This is sadly being put back to standard  :undecided: :cry:

please check my for sale thread for some uber cool scene parts  :cool:

http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=261863.0