Author Topic: New Arrivals!!  (Read 1163433 times)

Offline CraigW

• I live here
Re: New Arrivals!!
« Reply #2740 on: 18 July 2017, 12:04 »
Thanks Becs. It's looks amazing in the sun which is very unusual for Scotland. Think it will take me some time to get used to automatic

Offline JoeGTI

• I live here
« Reply #2741 on: 18 July 2017, 12:32 »
Looks great Craig  :cool:
Lapiz is such an awesome colour, I'd find it very difficult to pick something else (if in the unlikely event I was to upgrade any time soon).
MK8 GTI Clubsport. Reflex silver, Estorils, and a few other bits.

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2742 on: 18 July 2017, 13:06 »
Thanks Becs. It's looks amazing in the sun which is very unusual for Scotland. Think it will take me some time to get used to automatic

You'll get used to DSG Craig, give it time.  I reckon it takes a good 6 weeks regular driving to get fully au fait with it, so don't beat yourself up if you are finding it a challenge. So people comdemn it after only a couple of days with it. Worth reading that DSG sticky thread on vwroc (General Chat) if you haven't already.
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline sam67GTD

• Here all the time
« Reply #2743 on: 18 July 2017, 13:20 »
Looks amazing Craig. Great colour choice  :cool: You'll get used to the DSG. Manual driver all my life and 2 months in I love the DSG.    :wink:
VW Golf R 7.5 | 3 Door | DSG | Lapiz Blue | Black Pretorias | Dynaudio | DCC | Rear Reversing Camera | Black Mirror Caps

Offline CraigW

• I live here
« Reply #2744 on: 18 July 2017, 13:35 »
Looks great Craig  :cool:
Lapiz is such an awesome colour, I'd find it very difficult to pick something else (if in the unlikely event I was to upgrade any time soon).

Thanks Joe. Your right about the colour, it was the easiest decision I've ever made. It had to be lapis blue although I do know there are quite a few on the road.

You'll get used to DSG Craig, give it time.  I reckon it takes a good 6 weeks regular driving to get fully au fait with it, so don't beat yourself up if you are finding it a challenge. So people comdemn it after only a couple of days with it. Worth reading that DSG sticky thread on vwroc (General Chat) if you haven't already.

Thanks Becs. Once I was given the car I sat there for 10mins figuring out how to move it 300yrds into my car park  :grin: :grin:. Really looking forward to learning about the box and I'm sure I'll get used to it. Must just remember not to use my left foot to brake.  :grin:

Looks amazing Craig. Great colour choice  :cool: You'll get used to the DSG. Manual driver all my life and 2 months in I love the DSG.    :wink:

Thanks Sam. Same here pal, manual on every car but for me the R just had to have DSG as it's the best combination in my opinion to get the max out of the car

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #2745 on: 18 July 2017, 13:41 »
Looks great! I bet you can't even remember what car you had before already!
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline CraigW

• I live here
« Reply #2746 on: 18 July 2017, 13:58 »
Looks great! I bet you can't even remember what car you had before already!

Thanks pal. It's already a distant memory  :grin:. I think the will be an entirely different experience from what I'm used to

Offline JamesR27

• Here all the time
« Reply #2747 on: 18 July 2017, 20:38 »
Great car, I am thinking of going from GTI to R for a change with DSG. As much as I think the GTI is a cracking I have had 3 before so R seems the next step.

I will look forward to hearing how you get on.
MK 7.5 R Pure White, Pretoria Silver, DCC, Rear Camera.
Gone - MK 7 GTI Carbon Grey, Rear Camera, Service Pack.
Gone - MK 6 GTI  Reflex Silver, Monza Shadows, RCD 510, Rear Camera, Bluetooth, Tyre Pressure Sensor, Xenons Convenience pack, Service Pack :)
Gone - MK 5 GTI Reflex Silver, Monza II 18's, Luxury Pack, Mulitchanger

Offline JB GTI

• I live here
« Reply #2748 on: 18 July 2017, 20:51 »
Having had a Mk7 PP GTi for only 11 months before swapping to an R, "If" I have another Golf current thinking is I would go for a 5dr GTi Performance Pack DSG in Deep Black Pearl with a fair few boxes ticked in the options list. Having said that I can't fault your choice of Lapiz Blue 👍 They look great when they have just been fettled. Enjoy it  :grin:
Now Gone: 3dr GTI Carbon Grey Performance Pack Dynaudio
Discover Nav Park Assist Rear Camera
Picked Up: 15th March 2014

Now Gone 3dr Golf R Lapiz Blue, DSG, Dynaudio, 19" Pretoria's, Discover Nav, Keyless, Rear View Camera
Picked Up: 1st March 2015

Now Gone Too: Mk7.5 Golf GTi Performance 5dr Indium Grey DSG Dynaudio 19” Brescia Alloys Vienna Leather Keyless Entry/Start Panoramic Roof 90% Tints Park Assist Rear View Camera Voice Activation Dynamic Lane Assist/DLA

Offline Beezer

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2749 on: 27 July 2017, 17:51 »
Took delivery of my MK7.5 Isaac Blue GTI yesterday. Weather was rubbish yesterday but has been a bit dryer this afternoon so gave it a good clean.

Absolutely over the moon with it so far. Love the colour and also very pleased that I decided to upgrade the wheels and seats.

:laugh: