Author Topic: New Arrivals!!  (Read 1155118 times)

dervy

Re: New Arrivals!!
« Reply #2680 on: 04 May 2017, 12:57 »
After having a Mk6 and Mk7 GTD I have just taken delivery of a Mk7.5 R. I was going to put a factory order in, but my first rate dealer (Alan Day City) found one at the dock that more or less matched the spec that I wanted - 5 door, DSG, lapiz blue, vienna leather, black prets, black mirror caps, 90%tints, nav pro and DCC. I got the car within 2 weeks of ordering and I'm like a dog with two.....tails! Had I put my own order in I would not have had the nav pro and would have specced Dynaudio, which I had on the Mk7. I was worried that I would miss having that, but in these early stages of ownership I have to confess that the standard system is better than I expected. After 8 years of GTDs, i am really enjoying petrol again, albeit I follow the manuals guidance on running in so have a few hundred miles until I can fully experience what this car has to offer. Just to add to my joy, my insure (LV) refunded me £85, this means the R id £150 a year cheaper to insure than the GTD!!! I have a couple of pics, but can't remember how to post them.

Offline CHB100

• Here all the time
« Reply #2681 on: 04 May 2017, 14:07 »
After having a Mk6 and Mk7 GTD I have just taken delivery of a Mk7.5 R. I was going to put a factory order in, but my first rate dealer (Alan Day City) found one at the dock that more or less matched the spec that I wanted - 5 door, DSG, lapiz blue, vienna leather, black prets, black mirror caps, 90%tints, nav pro and DCC. I got the car within 2 weeks of ordering and I'm like a dog with two.....tails! Had I put my own order in I would not have had the nav pro and would have specced Dynaudio, which I had on the Mk7. I was worried that I would miss having that, but in these early stages of ownership I have to confess that the standard system is better than I expected. After 8 years of GTDs, i am really enjoying petrol again, albeit I follow the manuals guidance on running in so have a few hundred miles until I can fully experience what this car has to offer. Just to add to my joy, my insure (LV) refunded me £85, this means the R id £150 a year cheaper to insure than the GTD!!! I have a couple of pics, but can't remember how to post them.

My R is being delivered next Tuesday, be nice to see some pics. I also need a refresher on adding them. I'm retired with 9+ years no claims and insurance a bit higher than expected at £427 garaged 6k miles etc, my GTI was £260. Still good IMO as value is near £38K!!By the way never quote discounted value to insurers. They take that as gospel! Glad to hear standard audio up to it. Get those pics up soon. Let me know how it's done for next week!!
Arrived 15/5/17 Mk 7.5 R Lapiz 5dr DSG, Prets, Pan Roof, DCC, Rear View Cam.
Our other car is a Mk7 GTI DSG 5dr Tungsten, Vienna, Rear View Cam, Park assist.

Offline Banbury

• Just got here
« Reply #2682 on: 16 May 2017, 19:51 »
Hi Guys,

I could not find a car in stock with the Adaptice Chassis Control. Ended up with this spec from Marshalls VW: vw.co.uk/s/22gdy

Interested in your views. Anything that it is missing?
« Last Edit: 16 May 2017, 22:16 by Banbury »

Offline aquanaute

• Just got here
« Reply #2683 on: 02 June 2017, 23:02 »
Finally said goodbye to the Mk5 Gti after 9 years and bought a new toy!!!!!
Had it a week now and starting to get use to the DSG and all the other toys it has.

« Last Edit: 02 June 2017, 23:17 by aquanaute »

Offline R44MS_K

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #2684 on: 05 June 2017, 19:03 »
Upgraded my daily to a 7R

already started tinkering! Resonator delete and 7.5R facelift dynamic lights fitted!

Spec

LSG
Winter pack
DCC
Backup Camera

https://youtu.be/fGK5WSrRsb0
« Last Edit: 05 June 2017, 19:11 by R44MS_K »
Autowindows / Miles to Empty / Key Programming / Cluster swaps / Vagcom - East / West / North and South London and Southampton (and anywhere in between!) ©

Offline I wanted a GTi

• I live here
« Reply #2685 on: 05 June 2017, 20:05 »
Looking great, how much was it to retrofit the facelift rear lights?
5 door GTD in night blue collected 1/3/17

Offline R44MS_K

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #2686 on: 05 June 2017, 20:15 »
Thank you!

the lights cost me £600, the adapters 260 Euros but i sold my old lights for £300... :cool:
Autowindows / Miles to Empty / Key Programming / Cluster swaps / Vagcom - East / West / North and South London and Southampton (and anywhere in between!) ©

Offline I wanted a GTi

• I live here
« Reply #2687 on: 05 June 2017, 20:36 »
Thank you!

the lights cost me £600, the adapters 260 Euros but i sold my old lights for £300... :cool:

Cool, if I order a facelift car I'll be going in the opposite direction I think as I prefer the style I have now.
5 door GTD in night blue collected 1/3/17

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
« Reply #2688 on: 05 June 2017, 21:07 »
Thank you!

Cool, if I order a facelift car I'll be going in the opposite direction I think as I prefer the style I have now.

A joke I assume? Why would you want to make a new model look older? The Mk7.5 lights look far better than all the block LEDs on the Mk7.
NOW - 330e M Sport
GONE - 2018 Mk7.5 GTI Performance 5dr DSG, Tungsten Silver, 2017 Mk7.5 GTI 5dr DSG, Indium Grey

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
« Reply #2689 on: 05 June 2017, 21:08 »
Finally said goodbye to the Mk5 Gti after 9 years and bought a new toy!!!!!
Had it a week now and starting to get use to the DSG and all the other toys it has.

That R looks great  :cool:
NOW - 330e M Sport
GONE - 2018 Mk7.5 GTI Performance 5dr DSG, Tungsten Silver, 2017 Mk7.5 GTI 5dr DSG, Indium Grey