Author Topic: My Golf GTI  (Read 6646 times)

Offline Mdwalshy

• Not said much yet
My Golf GTI
« on: 21 May 2013, 18:10 »
Hi all,

Well I'm new to the forum and this is my first VW, it's a 1.8T GTI. I got it as a little project car just to tidy it up and just use it for work really.

It's got high mileage of 149000 but has full service history and all the belts regularly changed when needed, even with the high mileage the car runs really smooth and still has a good pull.

The bad bits are a few bits need changing on the interior side of things, sunvisor, centre heaters, roof interior light, electric mirror control switch and the 2 wooden strips down each side of the radio.

On the outside it could do with a replacement rear bumper apart from that the body work is good for the age (V reg). I was thinking of putting smaller wheels on it but after joining here and seeing other golfs with 18's on them I think I might just lower it.

Sorry for going on , the question I wanted to ask was here is the car now, what would I need to lower it by to have minimal gap between the arches. The front is not to bad but the back seems really high.

Thanks for reading, Mike.

Offline FlashRedThree

• GTI forum regular
  • MK III Flash Red 1.4 SE + MK V DBP 2.0T GTI
Re: My Golf GTI
« Reply #1 on: 22 May 2013, 15:49 »

Sorry for going on , the question I wanted to ask was here is the car now, what would I need to lower it by to have minimal gap between the arches. The front is not to bad but the back seems really high.

Thanks for reading, Mike.

Welcome.....plenty to learn from these hallowed pages...

Buy adjustable coilovers (jom/fk etc) and wind em down til our happy, or get the tape measure out and measure the gap, then go hunting for a shock/spring setup.

Offline Wayne

• Sir Postalot
Re: My Golf GTI
« Reply #2 on: 23 May 2013, 13:56 »
A good quality spring / shock kit will make a lot of difference.