Author Topic: Hulking out.  (Read 6535 times)

Offline tallpaulr

• Not said much yet
Hulking out.
« on: 02 May 2013, 20:28 »
This is Bruce,

In the picture it's a stock 1600 16v SE with 193k on the clock, and a REALLY bad blowing exhaust (as I've already posted)
I bought the estate as a run around while I sold my Bora, so I swapped over my 18's and this was the result.

Much better, but after a failed auction on eBay I decided to keep the Bora and the estate and merge the two....
First up was an interior swap to grey leather.

I had to dismantle the rear door cards as I hadn't noticed that the tops were longer on the Bora but that wasn't a problem. The rear bench is still cloth as the hinges are very different and I've yet to figure out how to mount them.
The weekend just gone was spent sorting out the rear washer as it wasn't working and still isn't quite right yet but I'm getting there. Oh and I also swapped the rear springs and shockers over as the back end just looked ridiculous, the Bora stuff is all stock equipment but it sits a lot better now.

Next big job is to remove the rest of the interior and dash from the Bora and all the wiring for the heating for the seats and the reverse parking sensors and then onto the engine swap.
Did I mention that the Bora is a 1.8t sport............ :evil:  :whistle:

Offline tallpaulr

• Not said much yet
Re: Hulking out.
« Reply #1 on: 12 May 2013, 17:50 »
Got the back bench sorted out so its leather all round...

Offline Rhyso

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
« Reply #2 on: 12 May 2013, 18:23 »
Different  :cool: me like

Offline tallpaulr

• Not said much yet
« Reply #3 on: 12 May 2013, 18:36 »
Oh yeah, I almost forgot. This is what happens when you replace a Bora sports rear struts and springs with those from an estate....

You have been warned!!!     :shocked:

Offline DCmk3

• Here all the time
« Reply #4 on: 12 May 2013, 19:39 »
Easy SUV though.  :grin:

2014 Mk7 GTI - Littco L500

Offline tallpaulr

• Not said much yet
« Reply #5 on: 12 May 2013, 20:02 »
I didn't think of that, must go "borrow" my dad's Land Rover wheels........ :evil:

Offline tallpaulr

• Not said much yet
« Reply #6 on: 27 May 2013, 10:14 »
So seeing as it was a nice day yesterday and after having a conversation with a friend from oop north who was spraying parts for his missus' astra I decided to get out the rattle cans as well......

Now I don't know if this is a new thing, or an old thing or even a good thing but after looking through some of my old dub mags which are 10 odd years old now I thought I'd give this a try.....

BEFORE

AFTER

I like it but it's not quite finished as I intend to colour code the vw badge which I personally think will look different.....?

Offline tdi_blu

• I live here
  • Golf Gti & T4 2.5 tdi
« Reply #7 on: 27 May 2013, 18:18 »
Like it mate think its the first wagon ive seen in that colour very funky like what youve done  :wink:
Golf Gti

Offline tallpaulr

• Not said much yet
« Reply #8 on: 08 June 2013, 19:54 »
Well the engines no closer to being replaced, but i did manage to get this from the bay of E hand delivered from Durham for the princely sum of £20!

To say that I'm all excited over a parcel shelf is a bit sad but I don't care, it's mine and I love it!      :tongue: