Author Topic: Seanls Corrado VR6  (Read 37551 times)

Offline VR6_Wherry

• Forum addict
Re: Seanls Corrado VR6
« Reply #30 on: 04 August 2014, 12:18 »
Are you going to be changing the colour?

Offline Seanl

• I live here
« Reply #31 on: 16 August 2014, 21:04 »
Cheers Andy, you bet I'm looking forward to it!  I called them yesterday and not much has been done, but still nervous in anticipation of the end result!

Jamie, No colour change mate, only 250 Classic Green Storms ever made so worth keeping original.  :wink:
Classic Green Corrado VR6 Storm | Jetex Cat back | BMC CDA | VT mounts | Bilstein B12 | 288mm front brakes | Mk4 rear brakes | Goodridge braided hoses | BBS RX228s | Shortshifter | Lupo wipers | Uprated headlight loom | All red rears | Refreshed leather | Fresh paint |

Offline Wayne

• Sir Postalot
« Reply #32 on: 16 August 2014, 21:47 »
Looking forward to seeing it painted.

Offline Seanl

• I live here
« Reply #33 on: 22 October 2014, 21:51 »
Back from paint now.  Workmanship is excellent so I'm well chuffed.  Still got a few bits to put back on, brand new splitter and a few exterior bits.  Trying to upgrade front brakes to the 288s, but the hoses are stuck fast to the hard lines, so I need to re-make some new pipes this weekend.  Going to replace the ABS pump anyway, so its not the end of the world.  Also need to remove the dash, and replace half the interior looms due to past bodges from previous owners.  The stereo wiring was originally cut to shreds with random bits of cable just twisted in, and shorting/earthing all over the car.  This will be replaced, as well as the ignition loom as there are remnants of about 3 old alarm systems where they've been spliced in at different points.  :rolleyes:  Interior will go back in then, and hopefully have a fresh ticket by Xmas as I'm off for 8 months in April, so I want to enjoy it for a few months before I go. 

Anyway, pics!

Classic Green Corrado VR6 Storm | Jetex Cat back | BMC CDA | VT mounts | Bilstein B12 | 288mm front brakes | Mk4 rear brakes | Goodridge braided hoses | BBS RX228s | Shortshifter | Lupo wipers | Uprated headlight loom | All red rears | Refreshed leather | Fresh paint |

Offline Wayne

• Sir Postalot
« Reply #34 on: 24 October 2014, 21:59 »
Stunning :cool:

Offline VR6_Wherry

• Forum addict
« Reply #35 on: 30 October 2014, 15:29 »
Needs lowering :lipsrsealed: :grin:

Looking good there mate  :cool: :afro:

Why does it look like there is a line down the middle?

Offline Seanl

• I live here
« Reply #36 on: 31 October 2014, 18:26 »
Thanks Wayne!

Cheers Jamie, I noticed that line too.  Think it's a shadow or something........it's not like that for real! 

No more lows, I'm getting too old for that now.  It's at a sensible height where it doesn't look like a scared cat, and I have no trouble with speed bumps. Its looks higher than it actually is, because the front splitter isn't on yet.  Perfick!
« Last Edit: 23 December 2014, 13:47 by Seanl »

Offline Andy-H

• I live here
« Reply #37 on: 03 November 2014, 06:54 »
 :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

Looks Stunning  :cool:
'95 Mystic blue Mk3 2.0l 8v - gone
'93 2.0l 16v Corrado - gone (and missed)
'02 A4 Quattro sport - gone
'91 Black 2.1 16v Corrado -gone
'91 Tornado red Mk2

Offline Seanl

• I live here
« Reply #38 on: 22 December 2014, 08:14 »
Last update of the year.  Car is all back together now.  Spent ages ripping most of the interior looms out and replacing for good un-cut ones.  This has cured a lot of the random problems I had.  Abs system has almost completely been replaced too.  Faults on that were main loom, fuse box to light loom, light itself, both rear sensors, water damaged ABS ECU, and I/O valves on the pump.  Thought it was sorted, but after giving it a quick test spin the brake pedal position sensor is also duff.  Luckily I bought one at a good price a few months back "just in case", so its being fitted just after Xmas when I next have a day spare.  The pedal sensors are obsolete and like rocking horse sh!t so chuffed I managed to get one. 
I also bought a "parts car", but in all honesty its too good to break.   I've swapped out some of the good bits for my not so good bits, and I'll put it all back together, give it a full service, and do bits for MOT (new exhaust, ball joints, and number plates).  I'll then flog it on I think.  Its the Aqua blue one you can see in the background. 
I'm off on my travels for 8 months in April, so wanted the car back on the road for a few months of fun before I go, once this ABS issue is sorted, its ready for MOT itself.  Should be ready for the new year.
I gave it the first wash on Friday and sealed the paint with Collinite.  I've got some Carpro Cquartz to go on, but I wanted to give it a quick going over with the machine using a finishing polish before applying.  I'll do that early next year though.  All exterior trim and wheels have been sealed using Carpro Dlux already though.
Pics....................................

Offline Seanl

• I live here
« Reply #39 on: 29 December 2014, 19:44 »
Ok this IS the last one of the year. Tested and taxed today, so a couple of months of happy motoring ahead.  Have a few advisories to contend with, but nothing too serious thankfully.   :cool: