Author Topic: E46 Touring 2.2i Six Pot  (Read 3748 times)

Offline Mr_Orange

• I live here
  • MK4 GTi Turbo Exclusive 150 AUM
E46 Touring 2.2i Six Pot
« on: 14 February 2014, 21:28 »
E46 320 (2.2i) Touring

I bought this last year as the Golf was struggling to cut it on trips with my 2 year old and all the necessary baby stuff.  It was also killing me lifting him in and out of the back of the car!

Its a 2003 M-sport so has all the nice trim and that.  Leather interior.  18" staggered MV2s.  Nice firm ride and truly sounds the nuts when I give it the beans (without the family on board of course).

Time for a moan or two.......  The standard sound system is awful.  I'm throwing money at it trying to sort this out!
If you think genuine VW parts are expensive then BMW have a surprise in store for you!  It is also so so so so boring, drinks petrol, burns oil and makes me so so so glad I kept the Golf!  :)

Build thread clicky

Offline DubFan

• I live here
Re: E46 Touring 2.2i Six Pot
« Reply #1 on: 16 February 2014, 20:34 »
A friend of mine swapped his A3 1.8T for a 2009 3 series touring, he also says it's really boring.

I was tempted by a 3 series touring too, but was put off by all second hand ones being either high miles or high price. So I got a Skoda  :laugh:

Offline Mr_Orange

• I live here
  • MK4 GTi Turbo Exclusive 150 AUM
Re: E46 Touring 2.2i Six Pot
« Reply #2 on: 17 February 2014, 19:45 »
A friend of mine swapped his A3 1.8T for a 2009 3 series touring, he also says it's really boring.

I was tempted by a 3 series touring too, but was put off by all second hand ones being either high miles or high price. So I got a Skoda  :laugh:

I went for the high price / modest miles option.  To be fair it feels a very SOLID car, just a bit numb most of the time.  I did get the itch and started looking at au7otrader again recently, funnily enough I was eyeing up a newer shape VRS estate  :grin:

I'm using the golf sort of 50/50 with the bimmer.  Its good to mix it up a bit and hop back into the golf, which never ceases to bring a smile back to my face :wink:

Build thread clicky