Author Topic: GT TDI 130 Red  (Read 5826 times)

Offline Peej1981

• I live here
  • Its Whats Under The Hood That Counts........
Re: GT TDI 130 Red
« Reply #10 on: 08 November 2010, 08:12 »
Mmm if we are talking about that standard map then you where doing well to get 75mpg. It wouldnt have been an economy map as your car is the gt which basically is a sport diesel. With the new map you should be getting about the same but how are you driving it? The same as before or are you a little pedal happy?  :laugh:

Id Rather Push A VW Then Drive A Ford. 

www.bombercountydubs.co.uk

Offline josh_419

• GTI forum regular
  • A hammer - The answer to everything
« Reply #11 on: 08 November 2010, 12:50 »
Errr i think its alot more dependent on my foot. I used to be able to average 48+ at least even having fun.
But now it will stay at like 70 until i put my foot down and it will drop to like 35/40. Teaching me not to really around i guess!
GT TDI 130 - TT alloys, HID's, Lowered 35mm, ReMap (178bhp) + ridiculous torque. Build Thread
GTI 1.8 20v - For sale £2000

Offline Peej1981

• I live here
  • Its Whats Under The Hood That Counts........
« Reply #12 on: 08 November 2010, 15:02 »
Errr i think its alot more dependent on my foot. I used to be able to average 48+ at least even having fun.
But now it will stay at like 70 until i put my foot down and it will drop to like 35/40. Teaching me not to really around i guess!

Yeah i get it now, so you are getting about 70mpg now driving like you would before but when you put your foot down then it will drop to about 35/40? This is normal as the map is requiring it to put more fuel in when you put your foot down, this is why you get better performance. This is normal and like i said, you will only notice a difference if you drive it like you drove it before i.e you are now getting 70mpg. Did you manage to get new panel filter for it?

Id Rather Push A VW Then Drive A Ford. 

www.bombercountydubs.co.uk