Author Topic: northeast_gti-t - '01 AUM R-Tech gen3 remapped  (Read 60419 times)

Offline northeast_gti-t

• Serious forum addict
  • "1.8T AGU"
Re: northeast_gti-t - '01 AUM R-Tech gen3 remapped
« Reply #80 on: 07 August 2010, 23:25 »
Update 07/08/10 :

Well Time For Abit Of An Update Been On Holiday For A Couple Of Weeks So This Week I Decided To Get The Jobs On The Golf Finished Mainly The Engine Bay And A New Front Grille (Again  :grin:) I Have Now Replaced The Breather Elbow To The Plastic T-Piece Of The Catch Can Set Up With Some Blue Silicone Hose And Got Around To Touching In All The Paint On The Blue Jubilee Clips I Decided That The Fuel Pressure Regulator Looked Abit Plain Really Now The Engine Bay Is All Tidied So This Was Rectified By Giving This A Paint With The Same Blue As The Coilpack Tops Along With New 'O' Rings And A Nice New Locating Clip So This Now Finishes Off The Work Under The Bonnet And I'm Real Happy With How Its All Turned Out I love It! :afro: A sense Of Satisfaction Knowing All That Under There Is All My Work Well Just About All The Work On My Car Is Its Certainly Come Along Way During Its Two Years Under My Ownership  :wink: Been Worth It Too And Best Of All It Still Looks O.e.m :afro:

PAINTED F.P.R :
ALL MASKED UP :

PRIMERED :

BLUE BASECOAT :

CLEARCOAT :

ALL FINISHED :

SILICONE HOSES AND PAINTED F.P.R :

So That Job Done It Was Onto Another Front Grille As Although I Liked The One I Made Up I Had Found Some Small Cracks In It  :sad: Was To Be Expected I Think But Still The New One Would Look As Good Well I Opted To Have A Standard Grille Painted In Reflex Silver Around The Centre Vw Piece And Then Have The Grille Slats Wrapped In Carbon Fibre So Firstly On With Painting The Centre Piece
NEW FRONT GRILLE :

PRIMERED :

REFLEX SILVER ADDED :

AND CLEARCOAT :

FINISHED :

So With All The Painting Of The Grille Done Yesterday I Went Down To James (Jimbooboo) To Get Him To Wrap The Grille Slats For Me And I'm Well Impressed With The Job He Has Done On My Grille :afro: This Morning I Masked Off The Slats And Got Some More Reflex Silver Paint As I Decided That I Would Apply Two More Coats To The Centre Piece Also Checked With My Local Dealer To See If My Anni Front 'GTI' Badge Had Arrived Well It Hadn't And I'm Told Its On Supplier Back Order Which Now Means It Could Be Weeks  :cry: Well As Luck Would Have It The Parts Department Knew How Much I Needed It To Finish Off The Grille So They Have Located And Secured Me One From A Dealer Down South So It Should Be Arriving Tuesday Hopefully And Then I Can Get That Fitted And Complete Also Got In Mind Having A Couple More Things To Be Carbon Wrapped Eventually So Onto My New Front Grille
ALL PAINTED AND WRAPPED :

ALL FITTED :

CARBON GRILLE AND FINISHED ENGINE BAY :

Well Next Up Is A Trip Down To R-Tech For The Charity Rolling Road Day Looking Forward To This One And My Golf Is Finished Apart From The Two Things I Have Planned To Have Wrapped  :wink:

As Per 'Hulmies' Suggestion Regarding The Chargepipe Heatshield Cover I Have Now Removed That Earlier To Tidy Up The Back Of The Engine Bay Does Look Better Tho But I Think I'll Be Leaving The Pipe As It Is As i Did Look At Painting It But At The Moment i Like it How It Is  :wink:
CHARGEPIPE HEATSHIELD NOW OMITTED :

Thats All Thats Happening For now.

Thanks For Looking/Reading.

MATT.
« Last Edit: 08 August 2010, 16:59 by northeast_gti-t »
2000 Mkiv GTi 1.8T AGU

Offline northeast_gti-t

• Serious forum addict
  • "1.8T AGU"
« Reply #81 on: 10 August 2010, 20:44 »
Update 10/08/10 :

Just A Little Update Had To Order Some Parts From The Dealers Yesterday As I Now Can't Get Into My Boot  :angry: So Ordered A Micro Switch Lock Solenoid And The Pushrod Got A Call Early This Morning To Say My Parts Were In And Also My Front Anni Gti Grille Badge Was In To So Called Into Vw Tonight To Collect All The Bits The Boot Lock Etc Can Wait Until The End Of The Week  :laugh: But Got The Anni Badge Fitted As So As I Can Get The Grille Finished Off  :cool:

FRONT 'ANNI' GTI GRILLE BADGE FITTED :

Well Happy With The Finished Off Front Grille  :cool:

Thats All For Now.

MATT.
2000 Mkiv GTi 1.8T AGU

Offline northeast_gti-t

• Serious forum addict
  • "1.8T AGU"
« Reply #82 on: 14 August 2010, 23:00 »
Update 14/08/10 :

Well Abit Of Mis-Fortune For The Golf This Week  :cry: I Found Out That The Boot Would Not Lock Using The Remote I Thought I Could Hear It Operating But Not 100% Certain So Trim Off Time And All Looked Fine  :huh: Although The Solenoid Looked Alittle Past Its Best So Rang The Dealers To Order A New Solenoid & Micro Switch To See If That Would Solve It Well Picked Those Up And Fitted The Solenoid And New Connecting Rod But All To No Avail  :sad: Still Not Operating And The Micro Switch Looked Like Nothing That Was Connected To The Existing Tailgate Wiring Loom So Back On The Phone To Vw And As Luck Would Have It My Mate From The Parts Department Had Ordered Me A New Latch Mechanism Just In Case So Upon Returning The Wrong Part And Some Credit Owed To Me The Latch Mechanism Cost Me Nothing  :smug: Upon Fitting That Still Didn't Cure The Fault Cleaned All The Lock Barrel Etc And Got It Working Via The Key Which Is A Pain But At Least I can Get Into The Boot So Asking A Couple Of Fellow Forum Members For Some Advice Gave Me Some Idea's Of Where To Go Next  :smiley: Well Trim Off Agin Tonight And Checked The Soenoid For Voltage Supply Only To Find None!! So Onto The Two Rubber Boots At The Top Of The Tailgate Pulled L/h Side One Out And All Good Onto The R/h Side And Immediately Found The Problem The Small Brown Wire Had Alittle Nick In It (Not That Bad) But Found The Green And Brown/Black Wires Both Snapped!! These Two Supply Voltage To Yes.......The Boot Lock Solenoid  :rolleyes: Managed To Trim The Pair Of Wires Back And Cut The Boot And Managed To Re-Connect Both Wires Temporarily As I'm Planning To Solder Two Longer Wires Onto The Both And Heat Shrink Them As Soon as I Can But Got The Wires And Rubber Boot Re-Fitted And Tested The Boot Lock Operation And Success All Working As It Should Again  :smug: :smiley:

THIS SIDE ALL FINE :

THIS SIDE MMMM NOT SO GOOD!! :

All Good Again  :grin:

That's All For Now At Least

MATT.
« Last Edit: 30 August 2010, 13:45 by northeast_gti-t »
2000 Mkiv GTi 1.8T AGU

Offline northeast_gti-t

• Serious forum addict
  • "1.8T AGU"
« Reply #83 on: 30 August 2010, 13:44 »
Update 30/08/10 :

Well Abit Of An Update During The Last Week Looking At The Engine Bay I Decided To Replace The Black Rubber Joiner Hose Between The Maf/Carbonio Intake Pipe With A Blue Silicone One I Ordered One But When It Arrived I Found That The I/d Was The Same Size All The Way Through At 67mm Which WOuld Just Fit On The Maf Sensor Housing  :lipsrsealed: :rolleyes: Silly Mistake On My Part As I Read The Description Wrong On The Website! So With The End Of The Week Nearing And Me Wanting It Before The Forum R/R Day I Managed To Get The Correct Reducer/Joiner From The Place That Supplied My Silicone Hose :afro: Before Friday So That Got Fitted Along With The 'Carbonio' Decal That Jonny Gave Me.

BLUE SILICONE REDUCER/CONNECTOR HOSE :

That's More Or Less The Engine Bay Finished Now  :lipsrsealed:

Well On Saturday Morning Before Driving Down To R-Tech I Called In At Jimbooboo's Place To Have My Rear Spoiler Carbon Wrapped  :cool: I Decided On This Purely On The Fact That Since The Spoiler Had Been Fitted And Painted The L/H Side Had Always Had A Slight Blister/Bubble In The Paint And Couldn't Be Sorted So The Carbon Wrap Seemed Like A Good Idea And Alter The Look At The Rear Of My Car So All Good Spent About An Hour Getting The Bubble Cut Out And The Surrounding Area Sanded Down Smooth Enough For The Wrap To Adhere To Also Found Three Other Small Bubbles So These Were Also Sanded Ready For The Wrap To Be Applied And Then James Worked His Magic With The Carbon Wrap About An Hour Or So Later He Had Finished And What A Great Job He Has Done !!  :cool: Really Pleased With How It Looks Now Does Suit The Car Imo :afro: After The Spoiler Was All Finished I Completed The Rest Of The Trip Down To R-Tech To Meet Up With Jonnyturbo Spent The Rest Of The Day There Whilst Jonny Had Some Work Done On His Car.

Sunday Morning After An Overnight Stop It Was Over To R-Tech For The Forum Charity Rolling Road Event Whilst Parked Up I Got Some Pics Of How My Carbon Wrapped Rear Spoiler Looks  :cool:
REAR ROOF SPOILER 'CARBON WRAPPED' :

Also With My New Look 'R-Tech' Decals :afro:

Also Got Some More 'R-Tech' Decals Put On My Car.

Whilst Down At R-Tech On The Sunday After Most Of The Other Forum Attendies Had All But Gone I Spoke To Nick About An Issue With My Car That I Had Hoped Had Gone Away But Has Returned Recently Although Infrequently With The Car Hitting Limp Mode But Changing Up A Gear It Comes Back On Boost  :huh: So Nick Said He Would Have A Look At It For Me Well After Having A Look At The Locking Nuts On The Wastegate Actuator Adjuster Rod And Un-Seizing Them  :lipsrsealed: Nick Made An Adjustment To The Spring Pre-Load On It As He Found That The Wastegate Actuator Was Actually Holding Shut More Than It Should Have Been Before He Re-Adjusted It  :shocked: And Nick Seems To Think That It May Have Been Like That Since The Factory  :huh: Top Marks To Nick For Having A Look At This And Sorting It Driving Back Home Last Night The Car Behaved And Didn't Hit Limp Mode But Now Boosts To 20/22Psi And Feels Better So Hopefully This Is All Sorted Now.

Well Thats Everything That's Happened For Now Been An Eventful Month For The Golf No Real Plans For It Now For Awhile So Going To Just Drive And Enjoy It  :smiley:

Well Thanks For Looking/Reading.

MATT.
« Last Edit: 30 August 2010, 14:33 by northeast_gti-t »
2000 Mkiv GTi 1.8T AGU

Offline northeast_gti-t

• Serious forum addict
  • "1.8T AGU"
« Reply #84 on: 18 September 2010, 19:50 »
Update 18/09/10 :

Time For A little Update As I Have Finished Some Of The Work I Had Planned Fom Last Week Earlier This Afternoon Well After Having My Rear Spoiler And The Front Grille Carbon Wrapped I Decided That To Complement The Exterior The Existing Black Wing Mirror Covers Didn't Fit In Really And Therefore Would Be More Suited To A Touch Of Carbon Wrap  :cool: So Last Week I Boxed Up My Original Reflex Silver Covers And Sent Them Down To Jimbooboo For Him To  Wrap For Me Well Saturday Morning I got Them Back All Wrapped :afro: So After Work I Removed The Black Ones And Fitted The Carbon Wrapped Ones I Think They Really Suit The Rest Of The Exterior And Really Happy With Them.

ONE SET OF CARBON WRAPPED MIRROR COVERS :

AND FITTED ON THE CAR :

Also Decided That The Original Keyfob Would Look Good Carbon Wrapped  :laugh: So Found A Two-Piece Kit From AwesomeGti And Fitted The Wrap Onto My Fob When It Arrived  :cool: Much Better To Look At Now :afro:

ORIGINAL KEYFOB NOW ALSO CARBON WRAPPED :

Whilst In The 'Carbon' Mood  :grin: I Thought It Might Be A Good Idea to Wrap The Lower Centre Console As The Original O.e.m Finish Marks Easily And Never Looks That Clean Even After A Touch Of Poorboys  :rolleyes: So I Ordered Up A Sheet Big Enough To Do The Console But Then Had An Idea To Wrap The Outer Trim Of My Double Din Head Unit As I Thought It Looked Just A Little Plain Also To Finish That Area I Decided I Would Wrap The Climatronic Unit Front Panel Too So I Removed And Took That Apart To Wrap Think Thats As Far As It Will Go Tbh As Now Finished And All Fitted It Doesn't Look Too Much and I Still Want To Retain The Originality of The Standard Mk4 O.e.m Trim As It Still Looks Good Even For A Nearly Ten Year Old Car :afro: Now Its All Done And Fitted I Am Really Happy With How Its All Looking Livened It Up And Goes Well With The Original Trim.

ALL REMOVED READY FOR THE CARBON LOOK :

THE TRIM PARTS ALL CARBON WRAPPED :

AND ALL RE-FITTED WITH A CARBON LOOK :

:cool:

Also Today Removed The N75 Valve And Cleaned Out As Well As Fitting A New Air Intake Temperature Sensor To See If it May Cure My Dreaded 'Hitting' Limp Mode Symptoms  :cry: If Not Then I Think I'll Be Taking A Trip Down To R-Tech For Further Investigation To See If The Fault Can Be Found  :undecided: We Shall See

So That's All For Now Any Further Stuff Will Be Updated As And When.

MATT.

« Last Edit: 18 September 2010, 20:38 by northeast_gti-t »
2000 Mkiv GTi 1.8T AGU

Offline northeast_gti-t

• Serious forum addict
  • "1.8T AGU"
« Reply #85 on: 11 October 2010, 18:51 »
Update 11/10/10 :

okay here's what i said to pip @r-tech on friday afternoon "i hope you can work some magic on my golf when i'm down tommorrow as i'm not feeling the gti loving at this very moment"
To which pips reply was "we have lots of magic down here and we can sprinkle yours with some magic r-tech dust"
Which leads me onto me posting this well as some of you will already know on here i had been getting a very irritating tendancy for my golf to suddenly go into 'limp mode' at first start up or more recently during changing gear through 3rd and 4th well over the last couple of weeks the problem had gradually become a more or less occurrance everytime i had to drive the car and well was getting me to the point of sheer frustration which in turn just made me dread driving my car and everytime i checked for codes i was getting the old favourites '17705' & '17963' so i rang r-tech at the end of september to get my car booked into them to see if nick could resolve my cars issue what a long 2-3 weeks it was until saturday just gone (9th) when finally the day arrived for the trip down there still wasn't feeling the love and tbh didn't feel that optimistic either travelling down but i had those words from my phonecall to pip ringing in my ears mmmmmmm
Well funny how you get a different sense of feeling when you drive through the gates and see the r-tech unit i got down there for 10.15 and was immediatley greeted by the lads nick was fitting a miltek to a customers tdi but we had abit of a chat and nick positively told me that he would sort my car so from what i can remember pip set about removing my old stage 2 map from the ecu and did one or two checks meanwhile one of nicks customers who i meet on the charity day had turned up in his edition 30 so had a chat with him and nick suggested he take me out in his ed30 fooking hell glad i did what a car toatally different from my 1.8T felt awesome and very quick too !! (thanks again for taking me out) well after getting back and feeling a little happier now nick and pip had done some work on my car which had resulted in a 'tweaked/modified' version of my stage two map with the added addition of the full throttle launch control & left foot braking and nick tells me my cars the first customers car to get this features well happy
So with a revised map now on my car nick took the time to explain everything to me about what he had done and talked it all through with me whilst showing me my map overlay on his computer from what i remember (correct me if i'm wrong nick ) my map had a bug issue hardware/software which conflicted with some sensors on the engine and was giving me the 'dumb/false' engine fault codes i was getting so he had mapped this out and altered some threshold values and raised my rev limit and pointed out where these were all done on the map overlay so now thanks to nick i know exactly how my maps been wrote and all the little 'tweaks' so all sorted within a couple of hours nick told me to go and try my car down the road so off i went and returned with a big grin what a difference now compared with the drive down etc so totally different and feels so more aggresive too boosts where and how it should be doing and really pulls well now so much stronger and nicks assured me he's 99.9% certain i should be okay now he took me out to demonstrate the 'left foot braking' its awesome!! gotta practise it and then i can let it loose on the road also had a go at the launch control but didn't launch it as i should ended up with lots of tyre smoke so nick showed me how to do it bit of practise and i'll master it also got to meet and chat with 'dave' nice to meet you mate and he let me have a drive in his 160k A3 derv which nick mapped and i have to say its fooking quick to really didnt feel like it had 160k on the clocks torque and pull was immense and it felt quick tbh after driving a mapped derv now and comparing them to petrols i would have either tbh and i never thought i would say that!! completely changed my opinion on derv v petrol
Also found thanks to nick that my actuator is a little weaker than what it should be so this will be sorted once nick has completed his modification to the oem ones nick has explained and shown me what he plans with this and it should be good so worth waiting for as atm that issue is not so detrimental to my cars performance...but once i have a stronger wastegate sorted i should be able to get a little more torque so all good and will be sorted by r-tech well was a long and fun day down there on saturday but well worth it and i'm just really happy that my cars issues have been sorted by nick and r-tech and just goes to show what excellent customer service they have which is why i don't care at all about a 400mile round trip to see them i have nothing but 100% praise for them and they are legends!!
Thanks again Nick,Pip&Lenny good to see you all and will see you soon
Oh and before i forget just a couple of videos for you

Well Thats All For Now.

MATT.

2000 Mkiv GTi 1.8T AGU

Offline northeast_gti-t

• Serious forum addict
  • "1.8T AGU"
« Reply #86 on: 16 October 2010, 22:52 »
Update 16/10/10 :

Well a Week After My Trip down To R-Tech I'm Pleased To Say That The Car Feels Really Good Again Now 'The Gti Lovin Has Now Returned'  :smiley: :grin: So This Week I Decided To Order Another Side Trim Piece Above The Window Screen Scuttle Panel As My Old One Has A Tendancey To Keep Un-Clipping Itself And Was Annoying Me  :rolleyes: So Ordered That As Well As A New Rear Exhaust Mount Retainer/Hanger As Noticed This Week More So That The Tailpipe Gap To The Rear Valance Seemed Wider  :sad: And Also I Get A Little Vibration When Pulling In Third And Fourth Gear From Low Speeds So Hopefully A New Hanger Should Lift The Rear Box Alittle To Prevent That Happening  :undecided: So Picked These Up Yesterday As Well as A New Rear Aero Wiper Arm at The Same Time As That Was Nearly Knackered  :laugh: So These Were Fitted Yesterday Afternoon In The Rain Oh Well Needed Sorting Having Removed The Rear Exhaust Retainer/Hangar Comparing It To The New Item Showed It Had Stretched Abit And Felt Soft And Worn So Whilst Off I Dropped The Rear Box To Give The Tailpipes Of The Milly A Good Clean And Polish Well Why Not Good As Time As Any That Done The New One Fitted With A Noticeable Difference Its Now Pulled Up More And The Gap Reduced Quite Alot Went Out Earlier And It Does Seem Much Better so Another Little Job Done :afro:

ALL THE PARTS :

ONE NEW RETAINER/HANGER :

NOW SITTING MUCH BETTER :

Until The Next Update  :wink:

MATT.
« Last Edit: 29 October 2010, 16:20 by northeast_gti-t »
2000 Mkiv GTi 1.8T AGU

Offline northeast_gti-t

• Serious forum addict
  • "1.8T AGU"
« Reply #87 on: 31 October 2010, 01:33 »
 :cry: Update 31/10/10 :

Well This Will Probably Be My Final Update On My Build Thread As After 3 Years Of Enjoyable Ownership Yesterday My Golf Was Traded In For my Next New Car A '54 Plate' Subaru Impreza Wrx Sti Pro-Drive Edition So Within The Next Two Weeks I Shall Be Picking Up The Scoob So These Will Be My Last Drives Of The Golf Until It Goes And I'v Had A Good 3 Years Working With My Golf Been Some Ups And One Or Two Downs But Thats Part Of 'Modding' A Car And Been Great To Being A Member Of The Forum And Being Able To Participate In Various R/R Day Events Met Alot Of Decent Mk4 Owners On Here Thats Helped Me With Their Mk4 Knowledge Just Goes To Show What A Great Section This Is  :smiley: As They Have Been There To Help And Advise On Some Of The Things I Have Done And Has Proven To Have Been Invaluable To Me Thankyou All And Big Praise And Thanks Must Also Go To A Man Who Started This Off For Me That Being The Renowned 'Nick Gower' Of R-Tech As Well As Pip And The Other Lads At R-Tech Nick Has Always Been There For Help And Advice For Me At anytime And Has Been Inspirational In My Build Of The Golf In My Book Probably If Not One Of The Nicest Guys I Have Had The Fortune To Meet So Big Respect From Me !! I Have said Before But I'll Repeat It Again  Nick Gower Is A Legend And R-Tech Are Legends

Also Thanks To All Of You Thats Taken The Time And Effort To Read And Follow My Build Thread I Hope That Its Been Helpful And Informative For You And Above All Enjoyable-THANKS  :smiley:

My One Wish Now Is That My Golf Finds A Decent New Owner That Will Enjoy The Car And Put The Time And Effort Into It As I Have Done

Well Thats Just About Everything I Can Think Of  :grin:
And Once Again

Kind Regards

MATT.
2000 Mkiv GTi 1.8T AGU

Offline northeast_gti-t

• Serious forum addict
  • "1.8T AGU"
« Reply #88 on: 04 November 2010, 22:14 »
Final Update 04/11/10 :

Well Abit Of A Sad Day Today Three Years Of My Mk4 Ownership Came To An End This Afternoon When My New Car Arrived Was A Little Sad When I Watched It Being Taken Away By Somebody Else But Looking On The Drive At Whats Replaced It I Couldn't Help But Smile

So The Golf Has Now Gone Forever And That's All For My Build Thread.

THE END :

2000 Mkiv GTi 1.8T AGU