Author Topic: northeast_gti-t - '01 AUM R-Tech gen3 remapped  (Read 60351 times)

Offline northeast_gti-t

• Serious forum addict
  • "1.8T AGU"
Re: northeast_gti-t - '01 AUM R-Tech gen3 remapped
« Reply #20 on: 03 May 2009, 23:59 »
Updated 03/05/09:

Well I Have Finally Got Round To Getting Myself An 'A' Pillar Pod & Boost Gauge Having Looked At A few Fitted To Other Members Golf's Thought That It Would Be A Worthwhile Mod To Do As It Looks  :cool: And At Least I Can Keep An Eye On The Turbo's Boost So Earlier This Week My New Gauge Arrived As Well As My 'A' Pillar Pod And 'NoBuzz' T-Piece From 'Awesomegti'  :wink: Also Ordered Up Some Convoluted Tubing For The Vacuum Pipe To Route Through To The D/v Line And Thus Keeping It All O.e.m Looking So Here's All The Pics  :smiley: :

DELIVERY :

HOW THE POD LOOKS:

ROUTING OF THE VACUUM PIPE:

ILLUMINATED:

Well I'm Pleased With How It Has All Turned Out  :smiley: The 'A' Pillar Pod Was Fiddly And I had Made A Wiring Loom Up For The Gauge Wiring So Just Had A Good Read Up On A Few Forum Topics On 'Fitting A Boost Gauge' To Help Out I Think My Longest Part Of The Fitting Was Installing And Routing The Vacuum Pipe After Having To Remove The Wipers/Motor And Linkage And Scuttle Panel And Then Having To Run The Tubing Up And Out Through The Firewall But The Tubing Does Look Oem Imo And Just Finishes It All Off In The Engine Bay.

Further Updates As And When Will Be Added.  :smiley:
Thanks For Looking/Reading :

Matt.
« Last Edit: 27 July 2009, 21:19 by northeast_gti-t »
2000 Mkiv GTi 1.8T AGU

Offline northeast_gti-t

• Serious forum addict
  • "1.8T AGU"
« Reply #21 on: 16 May 2009, 01:29 »
Updated 16/05/09 :

Decided To Make Another Change To The Front GTI Grille Badge This Week So Ordered A '25th Anni' Grille Badge To Modify The First Plan Was To Be Painted Mattblack So I Got Down To The Task Of Getting It Painted Up :

25TH ANNIVERSARY BADGE :

GRILLE BADGE AS IT WAS :

GRILLE BADGE 'MATTBLACK' :

HOW IT LOOKED FITTED :

THE 'MATTBLACK' BADGE FITTED :

AND THE OLD LOOK V THE BLACK LOOK COMPARISON :

Well After Posting The Pics Up In The 'Mk iv' Section And Reading Up On Some Of The Replies And Comments It Looked Like The 'Mattblack' Look Was A Little Bit Overkill And If I'm Honest Looking At It Fitted To The Grille The 'GTI' Letters Could Hardly Be Picked Out So What To Do Well My Other Idea Was Have The Base In 'Reflex Silver' With The Black 'Anni Gti' Letters So I Rubbed Down And Primed The Old Base And Then Gave It A Couple Of Coats Of Reflex Silver And A Couple Of Coats Of Laquer So Set About The Removal Of The Gti Letters From The Anni Badge After Getting Them Stuck Onto The Reflex Silver Base It Looked Much Better A Definate Improvement And Now The Gti Letters Can Be Clearly Picked Out  :smiley: Happy With The Badge Now :

HOW IT LOOKS NOW :

FITTED TO THE CAR :

Well Thats All For The Time Being But Will Be Updating As And When
Thanks For Looking/Reading

Matt.
2000 Mkiv GTi 1.8T AGU

Offline northeast_gti-t

• Serious forum addict
  • "1.8T AGU"
« Reply #22 on: 16 May 2009, 23:46 »
Updated 16/05/09 :
I Decided Today That I Wasn't All That Happy With The Boost Gauge I Bought Recently So Today Travelled Down To AwesomeGti In Manchester To Collect A 'Newsouth' Indigo PSI Boost Gauge As I Liked The Idea Of It Looking Oem And These Gauges Are Just That Worth The Money Tbh Defo Happy With It Anyway Managed To Get It Fitted Tonight :

'NEWSOUTH' INDIGO BOOST GAUGE :

FITTED :

AND ILLUMINATED :

Thats All For The Time Being Will Update As I Make Any Further Changes  :smiley:
Thanks For Looking/Reading.

MATT.
2000 Mkiv GTi 1.8T AGU

Offline northeast_gti-t

• Serious forum addict
  • "1.8T AGU"
« Reply #23 on: 22 May 2009, 21:47 »
Updated 22/05/09 :

Today I Met Up With Ray (aRd) Off Uk-Mkivs.Net Big Thanks Again Mate Who Performed Some Additions With Vag-Com & Vag-Tacho To My Cluster Enabling 'Auto-Windows' And 'Miles To Empty' For Me  :smiley: Unfortunately Wasn't Able To Enable 'Illuminated Needles' As My 'Immo 3' Cluster Is A Bosch Cluster But Never Mind Have To Admit The 'm.t.e.' Feature Is A Nice Little Touch To The Cluster And Well Worth Enabling If You Can  :wink: Just Gotta Stop Flicking Through The Readings While Driving Now  :grin:
MPG  :smiley:

'MILES TO EMPTY'-ENABLED :

Further Updates Will Follow :

Thanks For Looking/Reading :

MATT.
2000 Mkiv GTi 1.8T AGU

Offline northeast_gti-t

• Serious forum addict
  • "1.8T AGU"
« Reply #24 on: 25 May 2009, 21:11 »
Updated 25/05/09 :

Finally Managed To Get Around To Painting My Two Engine And Battery Covers This Weekend As Well As Slightly Modifying The Main Engine Cover In The Right Hand Corner So As To Make My Forge D/v Nice And Visible As Well As To Prevent The Silicone Hose Chafing Under The Cover As Much Went Out And Purchased All The Paint Etc Required For The Job And Then Made A Start By Cleaning Up All The Covers Modifying The Main Engine Cover And Then Rubbing Them Over With 600 Grit Wet & Dry To 'Key' The Plastic Primer.

CLEANED AND RUBBED DOWN READY :

'MODIFIED' ENGINE COVER :

3 COATS OF PRIMER :

THE COMPLETED ENGINE & BATTERY COVERS :

AND FITTED TO THE CAR : :smiley:

I'm Very Pleased With How They Have Turned Out Was Worth The Time And The Effort Put In Has Tidyed Up The Engine Bay And Makes It Stand Out That Little Bit More A Nice Subtle Looking Modification That Looks O.e.m

Thanks For Looking/Reading Will Update As Progress Happens :

MATT.

2000 Mkiv GTi 1.8T AGU

Offline northeast_gti-t

• Serious forum addict
  • "1.8T AGU"
« Reply #25 on: 30 May 2009, 14:55 »
Update 30/05/09 :

During Fitting My Newly Painted Engine Covers I Noticed That The Breather Hose (The 'Y' shaped One) From The Pcv To The Cam Cover Had A Small 4-5mm Hole In The Rubber  :shocked: Not Good! So Knowing My Local Dealers I Decided To Give Them a Call To Order The Hose (Cheers To Rhys For Giving Me The New Part Number Required :afro:) Well As Look Would Have It My Local Vw Dealer In Durham Had One In Stock  :shocked: :shocked: So Off Down There To Collect It And Then Get It Fitted To The Engine With 3 New Jubillee Clips Job Done Although The Hose Has To Be One Of The Most Expensive Items For A Piece Of Rubber A Shocking £32.17 Inc Vat.

NEW BREATHER HOSE & CLIPS (06A 103 221 BH) :

SPLIT OLD BREATHER :

FITTED :

Any Further Progress To Be Added.Thanks For Looking/Reading :

MATT.
2000 Mkiv GTi 1.8T AGU

Offline northeast_gti-t

• Serious forum addict
  • "1.8T AGU"
« Reply #26 on: 07 June 2009, 00:09 »
Updated 06/06/09 :

Well On Monday I Took The Golf Back Down To 'Romax' At Stockton-On-Tees To Have The Original Montreal 2's Powdercoated In Mattblack (after They Managed To Do Them In Hypersilver The First Time Around  :angry:) And I Must Say What A Great Job They Have Done On Them To Their Work Is Cracking And I Would Highly Recommend Them The Alloys Have In My Opinion Transformed The Look Of My GTi And The Price Was A Reasonable £185.00 All Inclusive Feels As Though I Have New Alloys Now  :smiley: I Couldn't Wait To Get Back Home To Admire Them And Get Them Off The Car To Get Them Sealed Etc I Removed Each Wheel Individually And Washed And Dried And Applied A Coat Of Autoglym Super Resin Polish To The Front And Rear Of Each Alloy As Well As Two Coats Of Some Poorboys Wheel Sealant For Some Protection And Then Finally The Tyre side Walls Treated To Some Meguairs High Gloss Tyre Gel To Finish Off  So For Some Pics Of The Wheel Detailing And Some Pics Of The New Look Alloys :

ALLOYS DETAILED :

RANDOM SHOTS ON HOW THEY LOOK :

That's All For The Time Being At Least  :wink: Any Further Progress Will Be Added.
THanks For Looking/Reading :

MATT.
« Last Edit: 07 November 2009, 23:57 by northeast_gti-t »
2000 Mkiv GTi 1.8T AGU

Offline northeast_gti-t

• Serious forum addict
  • "1.8T AGU"
« Reply #27 on: 14 June 2009, 00:45 »
Update 14/06/09 :

Yesterday My Good Mate Jonny(turbo) Picked Up The Aluminium Effect Bezel For My Newsouth Performance Boost Gauge Whilst At Awesomegti (Cheers Mate  :wink:) Although I Was Happy With The Original Black Looking One I Decided That The Aluminium Effect One Would Tie In With My R32 Trim  :cool: So Tonight Got It Fitted The Instructions Advise Glueing It On  :laugh: Well I Wasn't Happy Doing That So I Used Some Of My Badge Trim Tape Which I Cut Off 4 Small Pieces And Fitted Inside The Bezel (This Way The Bezel Can Be Easily Removed If Required :afro:) 5 Minutes And The Job Was Done.

ALUMINIUM EFFECT BEZEL FITTED :

Thanks For Looking/Reading Updates Soon :

Matt.
2000 Mkiv GTi 1.8T AGU

Offline northeast_gti-t

• Serious forum addict
  • "1.8T AGU"
« Reply #28 on: 01 July 2009, 22:25 »
Update 01/07/09:

Finally Got Round To Ordering Myself A 'Whiteline 22mm Adjustable Rear Arb' After Deciding That This Would Be A Worthwhile Upgrade For The Suspension To Help The Handling Improve Over The Standard Set-Up :afro: So Ordered One Up Last Thursday And Collected It On Monday After Work  :wink: In Readiness For Fitting.Yesterday Afternoon I Set About Getting It Fitted On The Car For The Price Of The Arb I Must Say i Was Quite Impressed With It And After Reading Various Posts About How A Rear Arb Improves The Handling Of The Golf i Was Looking Forward To Trying It Out after Getting It Fitted Had a Short Drive Out Last Night And Got The Chance To Test It Out On My Route To Work Today And I'm Impressed  :smiley: Its A Definate Improvement The Car Is Definately Better On Cornering Even At Medium/High Speed Corners  :grin: The Rear Now Wants To Follow The Front End During Cornering And Is Certainley Evident At Round Abouts  :wink: It Seems More Planted Imo And Makes Me Feel More Confident To Push It That Little Bit More And Its Certainly Not My Imagination If Your Thinking Of Getting A Rear Arb Then I Can Say Most Definately Do It It Makes A Huge Difference!! :
WHITELINE ADJ 22MM ARB :

SOME GENERAL PICS OF THE ARB FITTED :

PICS OF HOW IT LOOKS :

Thanks For Looking/Reading Further Updates Will Be Posted :

MATT.
2000 Mkiv GTi 1.8T AGU

jamie16v

« Reply #29 on: 02 July 2009, 21:45 »
looks a nice bit of kit.. hangs a little but the quality looks spot on.. another mod to add to my list... :smiley:
good work!.