Author Topic: BaV - 2001 Golf GTI 1.8T AUM  (Read 34120 times)

Offline BaV

• I live here
  • 2001 Golf GTI 1.8T AUM
Re: BaV - 2001 Golf GTI 1.8T AUM
« Reply #20 on: 11 May 2009, 23:58 »
Havent really done anything to the performance of the car worth shouting about.  Have changed my under bonnet fuel lines for braided lines so it looks smarter and am i the process of chaning as many standard hoses i can to silicone ones.  Also removed my N249 valve. And will next be fitting a catch tank.  Still havent fitted my R32 front brakes as i am going to get them fully refurbished before i fit them, hopefully i will have them sent off and back to me within a couple of weeks.

Now i have decided i want to concentrate on the look of the car for a while now before i fork out for a turbo upgrade so this started with the back of the car.

Bought myself some Hella black colour magic rear lights, a sharan badge that i split and painted and also got rid of the standard Golf and GTI badges on the rear.  Also in my garage i have an R32 Spoiler waiting to be painted and fitted (could be a while its been there for months lol) and also i managed to pick up a super rare Oettinger Rear V6 valance for really really cheap considering they usually sell for well over 400 Euros. Also fitted some VW rear mud guards but im not sure if i actually like them so they might be coming off and on ebay lol

Have also ordered some black crystal side repeaters to go with my black headlights and black rear lights so hopefully they will be here soon. Also fitted my Momo F16 gearknob but havent got any pics of that yet because i am waiting to carbonize my dash!!

Hopefully i will be ordering a R32 ABS rep bumper next month as long as i get a good pay rise! and some R32 sideskirts then i will get everything painted and fitted together.

Also over the weekend i played about with my coilovers and got the ride height exactly how i want it.

Heres a few pics. Car looks abit of a wishy washy colour in the pics because the sun was so bright!

And also a pic on the end of the Oettinger valance i have.

« Last Edit: 12 May 2009, 00:03 by BaV »

Offline BaV

• I live here
  • 2001 Golf GTI 1.8T AUM
« Reply #21 on: 10 June 2009, 19:03 »
Have now decided to sell the oettinger rear valance! so PM me if interested! It is painted black at the moment and also comes with a standard bumper also in black.

Have recently put on black side repeaters to match my front and rear lights, will get pictures when i remember!

And also these arrived thismorning so will be fitting them soon!

Offline the_stink

• Forum addict
  • A3 140 TDI
« Reply #22 on: 11 June 2009, 07:32 »
looking sweet mate bet you engine bay is looking spanking now!!!  :cool:

Offline BaV

• I live here
  • 2001 Golf GTI 1.8T AUM
« Reply #23 on: 14 June 2009, 22:27 »
looking sweet mate bet you engine bay is looking spanking now!!!  :cool:

Cheers Mate, yea it is getting there!

Right well over the weekend i started to fit my new coolant hose set.

Went quite well really, a few of the hoses are a bit awkward to do but i managed it lol.

When i started to change the hoses i realised that my coolant expansion tank was very dis-coloured so obviously we couldnt be having that! so down to VW to grab one, along with some coolant and a new dip stick guide!

Once i had got home and finished of fitting everything i started looking for other bits and bobs i could do.

Firstly i started off with removing my SAI pump and all associated rubbish, then i went on ebay and found a nice catch tank (which i have just won!) And also ordered a new air filter.

At the moment the car is still on the drive semi in pieces with no coolant in it, i am going to get a Forge SAI blocking plug tommorow and then i will have to wait for a few bits to come from ebay and then i can finish it all!

Also tidied up some wires in the engine bay for my HID's and Alarm.

Here's some pics of the work so far!

And also a pic of my new side repeaters!

Offline barry-gti

• I live here
« Reply #24 on: 15 June 2009, 08:26 »
Looking good mate. Does it run OK without the SAI then?

i'm looking for a new CAI aswell. i'm dont trust this one with puddles lol

Offline BaV

• I live here
  • 2001 Golf GTI 1.8T AUM
« Reply #25 on: 15 June 2009, 17:48 »

Cheers mate. I dont know if it will run alright i havent finished with her yet.  Should do though! And its only an easy bolt back on if it doesnt.

You cant get rid of the old Ebay special mate!

Offline barry-gti

• I live here
« Reply #26 on: 15 June 2009, 17:54 »

Cheers mate. I dont know if it will run alright i havent finished with her yet.  Should do though! And its only an easy bolt back on if it doesnt.

the A22 (2 mins from me) Floods everytime it rains and it gets well deep. so soon the e-bay specials being ripped off lol. dont know what im gonna replace it with yet though. let me know how it runs without the SAI mate...

Offline BaV

• I live here
  • 2001 Golf GTI 1.8T AUM
« Reply #27 on: 15 June 2009, 18:13 »

the A22 (2 mins from me) Floods everytime it rains and it gets well deep. so soon the e-bay specials being ripped off lol. dont know what im gonna replace it with yet though. let me know how it runs without the SAI mate...

Fair enough well if i was you i would cut the ebay special metal tube down and just have the filter sitting by the battery
« Last Edit: 15 June 2009, 18:37 by BaV »

Offline barry-gti

• I live here
« Reply #28 on: 15 June 2009, 18:14 »
i did think of that...you got any tools?  :smiley:

Offline BaV

• I live here
  • 2001 Golf GTI 1.8T AUM
« Reply #29 on: 23 August 2009, 10:25 »
Well havent really been on the net much lately because i have been so busy at work! And also havent done much to the car worth shouting about!

After fitting all of my coolant hoses and removing my entire Secondary air intake system the car was jerking on acceleration and hesitating alot more while boosting.  So the following weekend i drained all the coolant out again and bolted all the Secondary air intake bits back on.

Because i was running this again i needed to keep my N249 valve plate at the front of the engine so decided to spray the small engine cover a perlescent black, looks prety good! Aldo i decided to remove the under bonnet sound deadening / heat shield thingy.  Will get an up to date picture of my engine bay later on today after i have washed the car.

I also have a custom catch tank from a sierra rally car sitting in my room that i need to get round to making a bracket for and fitting.

Also I have sprayed my front badge so i think it matches the rear one alot better now

I recieved an email this week saying that my new brakes are ready to be sent back to me aswel so should be getting them soon.  :evil: