Author Topic: BaV - 2001 Golf GTI 1.8T AUM  (Read 34107 times)

Offline jv

• Administrator
  • Serious forum addict
BaV - 2001 Golf GTI 1.8T AUM
« on: 01 February 2009, 13:29 »
:)
Buy site stuff!
GolfGTI.co.uk - merchandise

Support the forum charity!
Forum Charity

Offline BaV

• I live here
  • 2001 Golf GTI 1.8T AUM
Re: BaV - 2001 Golf GTI 1.8T AUM
« Reply #1 on: 01 February 2009, 22:41 »
Thanks jv!

I bought my 2001 Jazz Blue 1.8T GTI Last August, i wanted a 3 door low milage car so had to look around for a while but eventually found this one. 

This is what it first looked like! (minus the front GTI grille badge that i put on the day i got the car!)

Offline BaV

• I live here
  • 2001 Golf GTI 1.8T AUM
« Reply #2 on: 01 February 2009, 22:45 »
When i got the car it had done 50,000 miles so was just coming up for its first Cambelt and water pump change.  I decided to get this done at AMD Technik in Lakeside as i had heard nothing but good things about them, i also got them to give the car a full service and throw on my Induction kit that i had bought from ebay and a Forge 007p Diverter Valve.

Offline BaV

• I live here
  • 2001 Golf GTI 1.8T AUM
« Reply #3 on: 01 February 2009, 22:52 »
Next up i needed to get myself a tow bar so i could pull my track bike about!  I didnt want one that was on show when i wasnt using it so i opted for the westfalia detachable tow bar. This is 100% invisible when removed from the car even the electrics plug swings up to behind the bumper so you would never know its there!

Offline BaV

• I live here
  • 2001 Golf GTI 1.8T AUM
« Reply #4 on: 01 February 2009, 22:59 »
After that i didnt really spend any money on the car for a while because i wasnt sure if i was going to keep it for that long or not.

Then i decided i was going to keep it so the mods started rolling in!

I always liked the BBS Montreal ll alloys on Golf's so i got myself a very good set with good tyres from Ben on this forum at a good price so cheers Ben!

Also in this picture you can see the Hofele front bumper grille inserts that i put on and the retro fit euro style front wipers.

Offline BaV

• I live here
  • 2001 Golf GTI 1.8T AUM
« Reply #5 on: 02 February 2009, 10:05 »
I then wanted to make the car more fun to drive so i went to AMD and bought AP coilovers, KW front and rear ARBS, Forge TIP, Miltek Cat Back with 4-mo vallence, Powerflex Dog Bone mount bushes, Powerflex rear axel bushes  (sorry i didnt take any pictures of the car when it was on the montreal alloys with the coilovers)

Then i decided to get some bigger alloys as i wanted to have wider tires for the handling.  Saw these on ebay for a bargain so bought them, will be getting descent tyres for them soon. Sorry about the pootang pics i took them on my phone. need to take the car for a good photo sesh soon lol

Offline BaV

• I live here
  • 2001 Golf GTI 1.8T AUM
« Reply #6 on: 07 February 2009, 15:00 »
The Next step for the performance mods had to be a Remap so i booked the car in for a mobile map by R-Tech

The map was done a couple of weeks ago now by Nick and i cant believe how happy i am with it! I would reccomend these guys to anybody!  When i first got the car i had a Revo Demo put on the car and thought that was good at the time but it has nothing compared to the R-Tech map.  The car just keeps pulling all the way through to the higher rev limit that Nick set for me, compared to the Revo map that gave me a massive amount of boost on take off and then not much change while already rolling at speed

Now that the car was boosting more i wanted to show this off! So bought a Newsouth Indigo Boost Gauge from Regal Autosport and a VDO A-pillar pod from Awsome GTI.  These two items make having a boost gauge look very standard because the Pod's colour is a very good match to the standard interior and the Gauge is a good match to the standard dials when lit up of a night.

I have a pic of the Gauge lit up but havent taken one in the daytime yet as i havent ventured to the car since it snowed on monday! lol

Offline BaV

• I live here
  • 2001 Golf GTI 1.8T AUM
« Reply #7 on: 11 February 2009, 22:38 »
Yesterday i ordered a Forge front mount intercooler with the adition of all the extra pipes needed to relocate my diverter valve to the front of the engine so as soon as it comes through the door i will get some pics!

Also have got some Audi TT pedals, Stainless steel GTI dead pedal and some stainless steel door sills to go in aswel, will do them at the weekend.

Offline BaV

• I live here
  • 2001 Golf GTI 1.8T AUM
« Reply #8 on: 23 February 2009, 23:59 »
The Forge Front Mount and DV relocation kit still hasnt come so no pics of that yet  :sad:

But i managed to fit the TT pedals and GTI dead pedal set at the weekend, and also removed the black standard door sill sticker ready for when i fit my new GTI sills to match the dead pedal.  In the picture ignore the elastic bands around the accelerator pedal i just was using them to hold the pedal while the glue went hard.  I had to glue the accelerator pedal as it didnt fit.

Also heres a pic of my black FK angel eyes and black front grille i have recently fitted.  I have 10,000k HID's in the Projector headlights.

Offline BaV

• I live here
  • 2001 Golf GTI 1.8T AUM
« Reply #9 on: 24 February 2009, 00:01 »
And also just to add i must be absolutely mad because i have spent just under £700 on new front brakes  :laugh:  :tongue:  Will get pics when they arrive