Author Topic: Window art  (Read 2902 times)

Offline Toon

• Not said much yet
Window art
« on: 13 April 2018, 15:31 »
New window art installed ................ let's see yours....

Mk 7.5 Performance | DSG | 19" Brescia | Atlantic Blue | 5 door

Offline JasonGTD

• GTI forum regular
Re: Window art
« Reply #1 on: 13 April 2018, 15:43 »
Why??
2018 MK 7.5 GTD 3 Dr in Pure White,Extras,Front Splitter, Carbon Exhaust Tips.

Offline rwleigh

• Here all the time
  • Richard.
« Reply #2 on: 13 April 2018, 15:59 »
Is this a new thing? Like a tattoo for your car...
Golf GTI CS40 #010 | Manual | 5 door | Pure White | Car-Net | 90% tints | Winter Pack | REVO stage 1

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #3 on: 13 April 2018, 16:16 »
I've got a feeling that no one else will have any to show.
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #4 on: 13 April 2018, 16:28 »
I don't understand :embarrassed: One ring short of an Audi? :whistle:
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline JasonGTD

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #5 on: 13 April 2018, 16:32 »

+1

Offline Toon

• Not said much yet
« Reply #6 on: 13 April 2018, 16:41 »
Sorry folks - maybe my music tastes are alone in this forum. Apologies for the confusion.
The symbols in the window sticker are famous in the world of rock music - my passion - they are the 4 symbols that denote the 4 members of the band Led Zeppelin. I get many thumbs up and light flashes from other cars when out on the road but, to be fair, they are only going to be recognisable by fellow Zeppelin fans I guess. I prefer the symbols to a dealer sticker in the back window, that's all.

I don't post here very often and just thought it was a sociable thing to do to share with other GTI fans how we personalize our cars - but maybe it fell on deaf ears.

I just thought it would be interesting to see what stickers or window art other folks have in their GTIs but perhaps I'm in the wrong forum for such things? I'll stick to feeds and speeds.
Mk 7.5 Performance | DSG | 19" Brescia | Atlantic Blue | 5 door

Offline JasonGTD

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #7 on: 13 April 2018, 16:58 »
Sorry folks - maybe my music tastes are alone in this forum. Apologies for the confusion.
The symbols in the window sticker are famous in the world of rock music - my passion - they are the 4 symbols that denote the 4 members of the band Led Zeppelin. I get many thumbs up and light flashes from other cars when out on the road but, to be fair, they are only going to be recognisable by fellow Zeppelin fans I guess. I prefer the symbols to a dealer sticker in the back window, that's all.

I don't post here very often and just thought it was a sociable thing to do to share with other GTI fans how we personalize our cars - but maybe it fell on deaf ears.

I just thought it would be interesting to see what stickers or window art other folks have in their GTIs but perhaps I'm in the wrong forum for such things? I'll stick to feeds and speeds.

Each to their own mate, deffo wouldn't have got the Zeppelin connection.

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #8 on: 13 April 2018, 17:41 »

I was never that into Led Zep but do enjoy the odd track. I too would never have recognised those symbols. Don't stop posting though, this thread has generated more replies already than the mk7 page gets posts in a day sometimes! :laugh:
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #9 on: 13 April 2018, 17:42 »

Wrong.  :tongue:

+1

And wrong.  :laugh:

Well I’ll keep you company in this thread, though I might actually get chucked out for my sticker.  :grin:

« Last Edit: 13 April 2018, 17:46 by Booth11 »
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11