Author Topic: Picking up brand new GTI next week  (Read 4064 times)

Offline AmbushReality

• Not said much yet
Re: Picking up brand new GTI next week
« Reply #10 on: 26 March 2018, 17:33 »
Does a pedal box affect warranty in any way? I modified my ST but not really looking to modify my GTI to any great extent

Offline MjrSharpe

• Here all the time
« Reply #11 on: 27 March 2018, 15:22 »
The pedal box plugs into the multi plug on the throttle pedal. It is very easy to do and takes no more than five minutes. It also can't be traced as far as I know, so should cause no issues with warranty.
2016 GTI - Tornado Red, M52 remap, DTUK Pedal box, dv+, racingline turbo elbow, forge turbo muffler delete, racingline springs, racingline stage 2 BBK, novus 0.1 wheels, injen induction kit ,st rear anti roll bar, TT short shift, 034 motorsports dogbone upper / lower inserts, sachs organic clutch, custom stainless steel exhaust, res delete, leyo bezels, oettinger rear spoiler, maxton splitter, golf r rear lights

Offline AmbushReality

• Not said much yet
« Reply #12 on: 28 March 2018, 20:55 »
Will look at getting one yet, see how I get on with the throttle response without first though.

Does VW have a website where you can get car info using your VIN? I used to use Ford ETIS to look up things like build date or if there were software updates due for the car but can't see if there is anything for VWs

Offline AmbushReality

• Not said much yet
« Reply #13 on: 05 April 2018, 22:46 »
So I picked up my car nearly a week ago and since then it has been washed properly and sealed/waxed just once each before I detail it properly in the summer. It was a wet weekend so I was waiting for the weather to clear. As it turns out the car was a delearship order and delivered end of December/start of January so it has been sitting idle for a while. There were a few light scratches that I got rid of easily with the DA, but seeing it in some actual sunlight I can see the roof needs a quick going over and one light "cobweb" on the bonnet, which I can live with until I have the time and weather to sort the car completely. Life without a decent size garage is hard for a hobbyist detailer!

As for the rest of the car, it's been fantastic so far. A lot smoother to drive than the ST, but i'm still running it in so haven't thrashed it at all yet. Once it has run in I imagine that is when I will buy the pedalbox to enjoy it fully.

Still getting my head round all the features of the MFD or whatever it is called. Also, the part of the door card with the window switches seems to rattle every now and then which is solved by pressing down on it which makes a bit of a clicking noise then it stops but so far is the only complaint I have.

Offline cossiegaz82

• Not said much yet
« Reply #14 on: 05 April 2018, 23:55 »
I've also come from an ST albeit a 2017 Focus, now got a 2016 GTI with the performance pack.

It's a lot more comfortable and smoother to drive than my ST was but I do have to work it much harder than the ST but that's not a bad thing! :) It's a lot better on fuel than the ST when just cruising too which is a bonus!

I was very happy with my Focus until a couple of issues (real bad rattles, sat nav/infotainment system kept failing and keys randomly not being recognised so wouldn't start intermittently) cropped up late last year to which my local dealer told me they won't fix them under warranty and to either pay them to fix them or fix them myself! Fords customer care/service is about as much use as screen door on a submarine! Useless! They were so unhelpful so I just thought 'f**k you' and traded it in for my Golf!

I've only had it about 3 weeks so I'm still getting used to all the bits and bobs myself too! Lol!

Overall I made the right choice I think, its more suited to my needs :)

Booked in to have it detailed as it's covered in swirl marks and it's annoying me so once that's done I can do a couple of small bits to it to make it 'mine' :)

Still a Ford man at heart though albeit old skool Fords! :)

Offline AmbushReality

• Not said much yet
« Reply #15 on: 13 April 2018, 22:11 »
I traded mine in as I couldn't deal with the rattles as some couldn't be found despite extensive searching.

Unfortunately after a few motorway journeys my brand new golf also has its own rattles which is really disappointing. They're really quite quiet but I can still hear them on my 40 mile commmute except when the roads are perfectly smooth which is very rare.  :cry: