Author Topic: Your car has been built and has now left the factory  (Read 23934 times)

Offline WatchThis

• Not said much yet
Re: Your car has been built and has now left the factory
« Reply #20 on: 05 March 2018, 13:38 »
Now at 5b - Shipping  :laugh:

How do you know its 5b?  Mine just says step 5 shipping.
Volkswagen order update: Your Golf order no. 12345678 has progressed to stage 5b of 7 (in transit: shipping). Login to My VW to unlock some brand new features and start managing your car. To STOP login to vw.co.uk

That was the SMS this morning  :laugh:
Enjoying: Atlantic Blue 5 door GTI PP DSG Brescia's-Art Velours-Park-Camera-Voice-Excite-Airbags-Keyless-DCC-Traffic Jam-Climate Windscreen-Dynamic lights-Rear tints

Offline ne0star

• Not said much yet
« Reply #21 on: 05 March 2018, 14:34 »

How do you know its 5b?  Mine just says step 5 shipping.
Volkswagen order update: Your Golf order no. 12345678 has progressed to stage 5b of 7 (in transit: shipping). Login to My VW to unlock some brand new features and start managing your car. To STOP login to vw.co.uk

That was the SMS this morning  :laugh:

Ahh right, I have never received an sms for mine as its never changed status since I signed up for updates.  Yours could be sat next to mine in Emden port  :smiley:.

I find if you use the chat function on the Volkswagen website they can give you more detailed info.
2018 Golf GTI DSG in Deep Pearl Black

Offline PKBA

• Not said much yet
« Reply #22 on: 05 March 2018, 14:40 »

Same here - text received 8.25am - exciting stuff! :grin:
Arrived 4/4/18 - GTI PP 5dr, dsg, Isaac Blue, DCC, rear view camera, keyless entry.

Offline ashm1000

• Not said much yet
« Reply #23 on: 05 March 2018, 16:10 »
So what spec have you gone for, and how far through the process are you?

I've gone for the 3dr PP in Pure White, manual, tinted windows and Dynaudio. Everything else standard.

I'm big into my audio and as you say it seems to be worth the upgrade especially when a lot of the nicer speaker kits for other cars are costing over 2x what VW charge. IMO you'll never again be so bothered if your drive home takes an extra 20 minutes as you'll have been listening with a smile on your face.

Ordered 12th Feb, they said est mid June. Already got confirmed build week 26/3 so thinking their estimate was a little slow, I'm reckoning on having it for 1/5.

Offline dreamcar

• Not said much yet
« Reply #24 on: 05 March 2018, 16:24 »

Same here - text received 8.25am - exciting stuff! :grin:

Just got off “live chat” mine is at the exit port awaiting shipping. It can take up to two weeks to get on a ship, then up to 10 days to get to the dealer. Realistically 3-4 weeks away then.

Offline ne0star

• Not said much yet
« Reply #25 on: 05 March 2018, 17:09 »
I've gone for the 3dr PP in Pure White, manual, tinted windows and Dynaudio. Everything else standard.

I'm big into my audio and as you say it seems to be worth the upgrade especially when a lot of the nicer speaker kits for other cars are costing over 2x what VW charge. IMO you'll never again be so bothered if your drive home takes an extra 20 minutes as you'll have been listening with a smile on your face.

Ordered 12th Feb, they said est mid June. Already got confirmed build week 26/3 so thinking their estimate was a little slow, I'm reckoning on having it for 1/5.

Nice  :smiley:  You have definitely made the right decision going with the dynaudio system if your into audio.  Especially when its all nicely professionally fitted at the factory.

Fingers crossed its sooner rather than later  :smiley:

I'm kind of hoping mine doesn't spend the full two weeks at the port.  Its been there since last Wednesday.  I was sad and bored enough to start looking at shipping schedules.  Apparently Volkswagen do deliver cars to the port of Tyne which is local to me, and there is a boat due in from Emden on Thursday so I'm hoping it might be on that.  Apparently all the logistics is handled by Nissan.

Offline ne0star

• Not said much yet
« Reply #26 on: 07 March 2018, 16:27 »
Has anyone's status changed?

Went on the VW chat and mine is still stuck in Emden  :sad:  Its been there a week now.  I also found out its also going to Grimsby for some reason rather the local port of Tyne.

Offline WatchThis

• Not said much yet
« Reply #27 on: 08 March 2018, 08:55 »
Now at 5c  :laugh:
Enjoying: Atlantic Blue 5 door GTI PP DSG Brescia's-Art Velours-Park-Camera-Voice-Excite-Airbags-Keyless-DCC-Traffic Jam-Climate Windscreen-Dynamic lights-Rear tints

Offline WatchThis

• Not said much yet
« Reply #28 on: 08 March 2018, 09:09 »
mine too - got another text 20 minutes ago
Looks like we'll get them this month  :laugh:

Offline PKBA

• Not said much yet
« Reply #29 on: 08 March 2018, 09:14 »
mine too - got another text 20 minutes ago
Looks like we'll get them this month  :laugh:

Same here too!! -  :smiley:
Arrived 4/4/18 - GTI PP 5dr, dsg, Isaac Blue, DCC, rear view camera, keyless entry.