Author Topic: Remus clubsport exhaust  (Read 1499 times)

Offline mkviken

• I live here
Remus clubsport exhaust
« on: 23 January 2018, 20:47 »
Saw an article about a clubsport specific exhaust from Remus. Not sure if it will also fit the CSS but hues it should

There’s various different tail pipe designs and quad tail pipe options with new diffuser etc.

Has anyone fitted one yet?
Golf GTI Clubsport S #237 Tornado red
Golf GTI 7.5 230 white silver

Offline andy28

• Here all the time
Re: Remus clubsport exhaust
« Reply #1 on: 23 January 2018, 22:42 »
There's a guy on instagram (mk7gticlubsport) who had one fitted to his Clubsport (not S though I'm afraid) and raves about it. It does look and sound great and they already do one for the facelift... I'm just not sure on the clipped on tips that's all.

I imagine RemusUK would confirm fitting if there's no one here who has tried it.

Andy
GTI Clubsport Edition 40
#301 and then #190

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
« Reply #2 on: 24 January 2018, 11:25 »
Wow, that CS exhausts amazing...  :cool:

https://instagram.com/p/BdkvbPZDXcl/
NOW - 330e M Sport
GONE - 2018 Mk7.5 GTI Performance 5dr DSG, Tungsten Silver, 2017 Mk7.5 GTI 5dr DSG, Indium Grey

Offline clubsport

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 24 January 2018, 11:48 »
I  must be getting old! I am not a fan of these modern excuses for sports exhausts with artificial pops 'n bangs.

I have owned quite a few sporty cars and still do, if they popped and banged, then you either had a fuel or ignition issue.

Last year Miltek sport, rebuilt an exhaust on a classic car I have, it came back sounding "sporty" with a slight burble, which is exactly what I wanted.

Each to their own, I am sure there are many people who love the latest interpretation of a sports exhaust.

Offline mkviken

• I live here
« Reply #4 on: 24 January 2018, 12:41 »
I think the clubsport S sounds great. I bloody love the noise it makes it’s one of things I love most about the car.

The focus RS sounds totally fake but the CSS doesn’t.
Golf GTI Clubsport S #237 Tornado red
Golf GTI 7.5 230 white silver

Offline clubsport

• I live here
« Reply #5 on: 24 January 2018, 13:19 »
I agree with that, having had the privilege to drive both cars you mention, the CSS felt right even before hearing the exhaust, very well judged by VW.