Author Topic: Golf mk4 estate  (Read 1597 times)

Offline Malmk4

• Just got here
Golf mk4 estate
« on: 25 December 2017, 10:41 »
Finally can post on here as I have myself a Vdub!! Murano red estate diesel . On a mission to have the best one around! 😎. Hi all

Offline Malmk4

• Just got here
Re: Golf mk4 estate
« Reply #1 on: 25 December 2017, 10:47 »
Mods so far- black heated leather recaros , coilovers all round, gti brakes, Santa Monica 17s. Just spending on getting the car back upto new standerds with new mounts all round, wishbones etc etc.

Offline Malmk4

• Just got here
« Reply #2 on: 25 December 2017, 11:12 »
And merry Christmas!

Offline bgbazz

• Here all the time
  • If it aint broke...I can fix it!
« Reply #3 on: 25 December 2017, 19:04 »
I've got one of those too. Mine is the 4Motion version, owned from new by a VW engineer who has worked for them in Germany since he was a lad (still does)...took me more than 6 months of searching to find it, but apart from the poor headlight system, couldn't be happier with it.
The roads over here are really crappy and whatever performance stuff one fits is going to be tested to the limits, so I don't waste my money...I drive around 2500-3000 miles per year and keep her in a sealed garage when not on the road. When I found her, she had almost 250,000 kms on the clock so the paintwork is a bit jaded, but everything else is like new. Due to a cambelt failure not long before I found her, VW had fitted a complete new motor (and all the bits to go with it) and provided a 10,000 mile warranty (which transferred to me), a complete stainless steel exhaust system, a new clutch, new brake discs and pads and a few more goodies. The original owner had her remapped and she goes like sh!t off a stick, but driven properly, still gives me around 55 mpg...much better if I drive like an old dude.

She came with a set of original steel wheels, fitted with brand new 'all season' tires and the only money I spent on her was for a set alloys fitted with summer tires...purely to impress...and some Monroe shocks on all 4 corners

Even in temps down around minus 20 degrees (C) she starts within a second or two, is very stable in deep snow and on icy roads, has a very efficient climate control system and the cruise control is a dream to use.

In my opinion, cheap to buy, cheap to own, cheap to run, but a much underated car.
« Last Edit: 29 December 2017, 07:44 by bgbazz »
Mk4 Golf TDI Estate 4Motion, remapped 1.9. Sweet runner = keeper. She is the 66th vehicle I've owned and hopefully, the last.

Offline Malmk4

• Just got here
« Reply #4 on: 31 December 2017, 03:54 »
Underrated it is , initially I only got mine for work purposes but now it’s definatly a keeper. Would love a 4motion but I don’t think they sold them around here (U.K.)  does yours have the 4motion rear valance ? I’m dying for one but I can’t find one , even at the dealers!

Offline bgbazz

• Here all the time
« Reply #5 on: 31 December 2017, 11:38 »
G'day mate

TBH I'm not sure what that particular valance looks like. The 4motions are very rare over here, so I have nothing to compare mine with.

Just for info, mine looks like this, but silver instead of the red.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VOLKSWAGEN-GOLF-MK4-ESTATE-2003-COMPLETE-REAR-BACK-PLASTIC-BUMPER-BURGUNDY-RED/263402451982?hash=item3d5402740e:g:m1EAAOSw88xaO7~c
Mk4 Golf TDI Estate 4Motion, remapped 1.9. Sweet runner = keeper. She is the 66th vehicle I've owned and hopefully, the last.

Offline Malmk4

• Just got here
« Reply #6 on: 31 December 2017, 12:02 »

Offline bgbazz

• Here all the time
« Reply #7 on: 31 December 2017, 14:21 »
Thanks for that link mate...I definately haven't seen one like that around. It appears to me the only difference is the exhaust cut out.

To answer your questions...I'm from Australia, but living in Bulgaria these days. I did have a couple of pics of my Golf, including a couple taken in deepish snow, but can't locate them in my photo files at the moment...more searching required.

:wink:

Offline bgbazz

• Here all the time
« Reply #8 on: 31 December 2017, 18:15 »
Found the photos...just have to work out how to get them to you.

:smiley: