Author Topic: Mark 7,5 GTI or Mk 7 GTI PP  (Read 11059 times)

Offline Gulfstream11

• I live here
Re: Mark 7,5 GTI or Mk 7 GTI PP
« Reply #70 on: 23 November 2017, 12:43 »
I ran out of popcorn.  :grin:

MK7PP here from an Edition30. The new tech on the 7.5 is pretty nazzy and admit to be jealous of the larger pipes but I don't consider mine outdated until the MK8 arrives. Then I'll probably upgrade. However if I,m buying my FIRST GTI this month then I would,nt consider the MK7.

Previous rides..MKIV 1.8T   MKIV PD150  MK5 GTI MK5 edition30 now MK7 GTI PP

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #71 on: 23 November 2017, 12:54 »
Even the Mk8 will be evolution rather than revolution.

It will look cosmetically different but in terms of driving experience, probably won't actually be much better, if at all.

It remains to be seen if they will even make a true pure petrol performance model, likely as not all of the engines will be 48v mild hybrid with the associated weight gain.

However, desirability on resale and the resultant price and success of sale is always better when you are closer to the current model and not a Mk4.

Besides, as I said, I'd take a new car over a secondhand one every time - I don't want someone else's farts in my upholstery :D
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline 7MAT

• Forum Supporter
  • GTI forum regular
« Reply #72 on: 23 November 2017, 13:16 »
I plan to wait for the mk8.5 before upgrading  :grin: :laugh: :whistle:
MK7.5 Golf GTI Performance, 3 door, Issac Blue, DCC, Manual. Racingline Stage 1 OEM+, Remus Exhaust system, Sache Performance Clutch.

Offline glorioso2299

• Not said much yet
  • LOVING Father , Sport&History NUT ,PROUD GTI owner
« Reply #73 on: 23 November 2017, 19:27 »
Hey all ..some super comments and all valid ...end of the day its down personal preference and as i said 7 - 7.5 or PP all unique and amazing little hatches!

Interesting comment on the pedal box...Ive read they would have to dig pretty deep to find any traces of it....spoke to another remap guy today who said just do a stage 1 and when car needs to go in flash the original back...but its just not worth the risk ...pedalbox seems "safer" option   ...
7.5 GTI  DSG White Silver

Offline scanesare

• I live here
  • GTI Clubsport
« Reply #74 on: 23 November 2017, 19:57 »
spoke to another remap guy today who said just do a stage 1 and when car needs to go in flash the original back...but its just not worth the risk ...pedalbox seems "safer" option   ...

There are still tuners out there that sell the "flash back to stock and you're good" story?  :huh:

Offline glorioso2299

• Not said much yet
  • LOVING Father , Sport&History NUT ,PROUD GTI owner
« Reply #75 on: 23 November 2017, 20:10 »
I know right !! bet if i asked them to sign a letter stating the fat and assuming any costs associated :whistle: they would say the same :)
7.5 GTI  DSG White Silver

Offline Guzzle

• I live here
« Reply #76 on: 23 November 2017, 20:46 »
Yes there are still some that will say anything to get a sale. Under-promise and over-deliver is the way it should be done.

If they're that confident in what they're selling they'll include a warranty themselves that's equal to or better than the part of the manufacturers warranty they're potentially going to invalidate.
7.5 GTD

Offline Splashalot

• Here all the time
« Reply #77 on: 24 November 2017, 05:46 »
One great thing about the 7.5 GTi is that you can get it with Bresia wheels. They look so amazing in real life and really suit the car so well. I wasn't bowled over with the pics but now I see them I'm so glad I upgraded.
.........pedal box seem a no brainer for 150 quid ...no additional power but instant throttle and again reviews on here are amazing with basically no warranty concerns....thoughts ?

Not sure that's the case.  I'm reading on some other (non-VW) forums that dealers are detecting readings in the ECU from a pedal box.  Whether or not that affects the warranty.....who knows.  Unless you're prepared to fight the dealer legally they can just point to the warranty statement about modifications. 

I'm thinking of fessing up to my dealer as I've only been running the pedal box for a short time.  I figure if it's OK, then no stress.  However if they insist it voids my warranty it is probably early enough to ditch the pedal box and save my warranty, as I have a good relationship with my service manager.  I'm keen to keep it that way.

Further to the warranty question with a pedal box, I called into my dealer today and had a chat with the service manager.

His opinion was that the pedal box would not affect the vehicle's warranty in any way.  Keep in mind that this was a verbal opinion (not in writing) and that your dealer may have a different opinion.  But I'm happy that I can continue to use the pedal box without stressing about my warranty.  As I said, it pays to maintain a good relationship with your service manager.  :wink:
1972 Turquoise Superbug S; 1978 Miami Blue Golf GLS; 2007 Mk5 Tornado Red Golf GTI; 2017 Golf 7.5 Trendline Tungsten Silver 1.4ltr 110TSi with DAP; 2018 Tornado Red GTI with DAP.  All MT.  Current: 2021 Mini Cooper SE, British racing green.

Offline davyk31

• I live here
« Reply #78 on: 24 November 2017, 07:16 »
And hope that service manager doesn’t move on a week before you have a warranty claim!!
Mk 7.5 GTi Indium Grey with 19" Brescias

Offline I wanted a GTi

• I live here
« Reply #79 on: 24 November 2017, 09:51 »
One great thing about the 7.5 GTi is that you can get it with Bresia wheels. They look so amazing in real life and really suit the car so well. I wasn't bowled over with the pics but now I see them I'm so glad I upgraded.
.........pedal box seem a no brainer for 150 quid ...no additional power but instant throttle and again reviews on here are amazing with basically no warranty concerns....thoughts ?

Not sure that's the case.  I'm reading on some other (non-VW) forums that dealers are detecting readings in the ECU from a pedal box.  Whether or not that affects the warranty.....who knows.  Unless you're prepared to fight the dealer legally they can just point to the warranty statement about modifications. 

I'm thinking of fessing up to my dealer as I've only been running the pedal box for a short time.  I figure if it's OK, then no stress.  However if they insist it voids my warranty it is probably early enough to ditch the pedal box and save my warranty, as I have a good relationship with my service manager.  I'm keen to keep it that way.

Further to the warranty question with a pedal box, I called into my dealer today and had a chat with the service manager.

His opinion was that the pedal box would not affect the vehicle's warranty in any way.  Keep in mind that this was a verbal opinion (not in writing) and that your dealer may have a different opinion.  But I'm happy that I can continue to use the pedal box without stressing about my warranty.  As I said, it pays to maintain a good relationship with your service manager.  :wink:

For me I'd rather know my rights and let them know it so they don't try to pull a fast one on the warranty.

I'm going to try Revo map on mine in the next month and if the ECU goes pop in the next 2.5 years of warranty that is left I'll just have to put up with the cost of it.

Btw anyone want to buy a DTUK box? :whistle:
5 door GTD in night blue collected 1/3/17