Author Topic: Switching off keyless entry when washing the car?  (Read 5316 times)

Offline kalimon

• I live here
  • My other car's a van
Re: Switching off keyless entry when washing the car?
« Reply #10 on: 18 October 2017, 18:54 »
I think I prefer my method of constantly opening and closing the car to be honest :smiley:
5 DR Mk 7 GTI PP
Carbon Grey, Dynaudio, Car Net App, High Beam Assist, Rear View Camera. Collected 14/03/16

Offline Talk-torque

• I live here
« Reply #11 on: 18 October 2017, 19:13 »
I just use the "put the wipers in service position and the key out of range, in the garage" method, but you can get a Faraday cage pouch thingy that you could put the key into and keep in your pocket, if that was preferable.
Roger.

Pure White MY19 GTI PP 5 Door DSG with 19” Brescias.

Offline Talk-torque

• I live here
« Reply #12 on: 18 October 2017, 19:20 »

A cheapskate alternative to that is to roll the key loosely in aluminium foil, which acts as a Faraday cage, and shove that in your pocket.
Roger.

Pure White MY19 GTI PP 5 Door DSG with 19” Brescias.

Offline I wanted a GTi

• I live here
« Reply #13 on: 18 October 2017, 19:23 »
I just get the wife to sit in the car with her key :whistle:
5 door GTD in night blue collected 1/3/17

Offline kalimon

• I live here
  • My other car's a van
« Reply #14 on: 18 October 2017, 19:43 »

A cheapskate alternative to that is to roll the key loosely in aluminium foil, which acts as a Faraday cage, and shove that in your pocket.
I've just ordered couple of them of ebay. Hope they work :whistle:
5 DR Mk 7 GTI PP
Carbon Grey, Dynaudio, Car Net App, High Beam Assist, Rear View Camera. Collected 14/03/16

Offline Guzzle

• I live here
« Reply #15 on: 18 October 2017, 19:56 »
...or just don't bother speccing it in the first place and save yourself £365 and all the pratting about. I thought the whole point of keyless was to make life easier?  :whistle:
7.5 GTD

Offline kalimon

• I live here
  • My other car's a van
« Reply #16 on: 18 October 2017, 20:36 »
Didn’t spec it, it was free!
And I wouldn’t be without it.
5 DR Mk 7 GTI PP

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #17 on: 18 October 2017, 20:47 »
...or just don't bother speccing it in the first place and save yourself £365 and all the pratting about. I thought the whole point of keyless was to make life easier?  :whistle:

Keyless is great and well worth the money. And no pratting about unless you are too stupid to put your keys out of range whilst you clean it.  :whistle:
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline Pixwix

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #18 on: 18 October 2017, 20:52 »
I put the wipers in the service position then put the keys on the driver's seat. It won't lock with the keys inside.
Don't know how I managed it but I managed once to lock my keys in the car...well the boot, is that why? Wasn't while I was washing it though unfortunately but out and about so had to get home for the spare. Never worked out how I did it...chucked sports bag with keys in into the boot ...ah think ive answered my own question, I obv hadn't unlocked the doors but went straight to the boot ..

Offline Guzzle

• I live here
« Reply #19 on: 18 October 2017, 21:39 »

Keyless is great and well worth the money. And no pratting about unless you are too stupid to put your keys out of range whilst you clean it.  :whistle:

That's a bit harsh innit?

They only asked advice on how to stop the doors and mirrors from opening and closing  :lipsrsealed:   
7.5 GTD