Author Topic: Tungsten Silver 7.5, cleaning afternoon.  (Read 8190 times)

Offline charlie_cc

• Not said much yet
Re: Tungsten Silver 7.5, cleaning afternoon.
« Reply #40 on: 22 August 2017, 14:28 »
They both look fantastic but I can't help but notice how much nicer the Austins are compared to the Parkers, in my opinion of course.
I'm sure many owners of the facelift GTI will strongly disagree....even though they would be wrong :wink:

I own a 7.5, and I have to agree. I strongly dislike the Parkers, it's the worst thing about my car IMO. Makes it look even more 'chav'.

Offline Arnold_Lane

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #41 on: 22 August 2017, 16:30 »
My local dealers have a "Black Rubin" (Barney the dinosaur purple!) FL GTI spec'd up to the hilt outside their showroom. I bet they'll eventually find someone who loves it though. We're all different. Thankfully.

Colour blind maybe??
SOLD - 67 Golf GTi PP, 5dr, DSG in Issac Blue with rear camera, keyless entry, Dynaudio, Brescia alloys & DCC.

Offline Daz Auto

• I live here
  • Other brands of washing powder are available.
« Reply #42 on: 23 August 2017, 10:56 »
... I can't help myself commenting on them, but I promise to try and follow the old 'if you can't say anything nice, say nothing at all' motto in future  :lipsrsealed:
That's the way I was brought up, "If you have nothing nice to say, say nothing!"

I have decided to do the same thing about one of the new colours. I have already made too many negative comments about it. It is difficult when others are so gushing in their opinions. However, I certainly do not mean to be rude about someone's new car. Though my comments could be taken that way. A man of my age should know better.

10/8/2017 - GTI Performance, Red,5dr DS

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #43 on: 23 August 2017, 14:07 »
Nothing wrong in expressing your opinion Daz Auto. Yours is no less valid than anyone elses. 👍👍
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline Daz Auto

• I live here
« Reply #44 on: 24 August 2017, 19:01 »
Nothing wrong in expressing your opinion Daz Auto. Yours is no less valid than anyone elses. 👍👍
I never said it was wrong to express an opinion. :huh: I think you are missing my point. :undecided:

Do you think it ok for me express a critical negative opinion of a colour I really do not like every time I see it shown on here???

Is that acceptable behaviour on this forum?

Offline JoeGTI

• I live here
« Reply #45 on: 24 August 2017, 19:06 »
I never said it was wrong to express an opinion. :huh: I think you are missing my point. :undecided:

Do you think it ok for me express a critical negative opinion of a colour I really do not like every time I see it shown on here???

Is that acceptable behaviour on this forum?

Errr yeah, I think it is.  :grin:
MK8 GTI Clubsport. Reflex silver, Estorils, and a few other bits.

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #46 on: 24 August 2017, 19:35 »
Why not it's your opinion. If anyone takes the hump then they need to grow a thicker skin. Not everyone likes the same things.
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline kalimon

• I live here
  • My other car's a van
« Reply #47 on: 24 August 2017, 19:50 »
I have to agree. You can't afford to be sensitive on a public forum.
5 DR Mk 7 GTI PP
Carbon Grey, Dynaudio, Car Net App, High Beam Assist, Rear View Camera. Collected 14/03/16

Jackie Treehorn

« Reply #48 on: 24 August 2017, 20:27 »
@Daz no i don't think its necessary to express your opinion everytime you see a colour.  Not trying to sensor, but the fact you wrote that line makes me thing you may have doubts yourself.  Not much point in it, and we don't need to read it every time.

Not everyone like the same things but to comment everytime you see a thread about a colour would be weird, but post count is king on some forums i guess.

Some will think everyone want to know their opinion but frankly we don't, not exclusively this forum but all of them.

no one gives a sh!t...

just my opinion, which apparently is free to give on a forum :)
« Last Edit: 24 August 2017, 21:04 by Jackie Treehorn »

Offline Daz Auto

• I live here
« Reply #49 on: 24 August 2017, 21:07 »
So what is the difference between 'expressing my opinion' of White Silver Metallic, and 'forcing my opinion on others'?