Author Topic: Tungsten Silver 7.5, cleaning afternoon.  (Read 8191 times)

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
Re: Tungsten Silver 7.5, cleaning afternoon.
« Reply #20 on: 21 August 2017, 18:39 »
A few 'haters'!! How old are you, 10!! It's not a case of hating anything or anyone and just because you like them doesn't mean that everyone else should. It's not putting the OP car down either it's someone's personal opinion. And yes you probably will meet people who dislike the Parker wheels!
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline I wanted a GTi

• I live here
« Reply #21 on: 21 August 2017, 18:49 »
Chill out there people.

@DazAuto, to be fair I think mcmaddy has only mentioned it two or three times.

@Chris, i dont think Daz Auto was meaning you when he said about people repeatedly saying they didn't like them.
5 door GTD in night blue collected 1/3/17

Offline JoeGTI

• I live here
« Reply #22 on: 21 August 2017, 19:04 »
People express an opinion. It shouldn't be taken personally. We all have different tastes, preferences, budget restrictions on pricey factory options, etc so if you're happy with your Parker wheels that's all that really matters.
MK8 GTI Clubsport. Reflex silver, Estorils, and a few other bits.

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #23 on: 21 August 2017, 19:12 »
People express an opinion. It shouldn't be taken personally. We all have different tastes, preferences, budget restrictions on pricey factory options, etc so if you're happy with your Parker wheels that's all that really matters.

+1. I was about to respond along the same lines but you've saved me the trouble. :smiley:
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline Ritchie2

• Not said much yet
« Reply #24 on: 21 August 2017, 19:25 »
Anyone notice the subtle differences on the front and rear bumpers between the 7/7.5?

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #25 on: 21 August 2017, 19:40 »
Anyone notice the subtle differences on the front and rear bumpers between the 7/7.5?
Yes and I don't like them either!
Sorry couldn't resist 😂😂

Offline JoeGTI

• I live here
« Reply #26 on: 21 August 2017, 19:49 »
Well the front bumpers are very different - the scoops / area around the foglights (or intakes on the R) are all changed.

The rear bumper changes are much more subtle. It has a couple of angular lines around the number plate area that weren't there before.

I noticed that they've definitely improved the GTD's rear skirt. It used to be very tame, like the one on a regular diesel. But now its like that on the GTI (albeit with only one exhaust cut out)
MK8 GTI Clubsport. Reflex silver, Estorils, and a few other bits.

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #27 on: 21 August 2017, 20:04 »
I've noticed different colours on the FL make the new front either look nice or weird. White seems to look good due to the contrast between it and the black trim.

Offline Daz Auto

• I live here
  • Other brands of washing powder are available.
« Reply #28 on: 21 August 2017, 21:39 »
A few 'haters'!! How old are you, 10!! It's not a case of hating anything or anyone and just because you like them doesn't mean that everyone else should. It's not putting the OP car down either it's someone's personal opinion. And yes you probably will meet people who dislike the Parker wheels!
I understand that a few people don't like certain alloys.

What I do not understand is why the same people feel the need to criticise the alloys everytime someone post a picture of their new car. Which sadly appears to be the case. It is childish.

10/8/2017 - GTI Performance, Red,5dr DS

Offline kalimon

• I live here
  • My other car's a van
« Reply #29 on: 21 August 2017, 22:22 »
I understand that a few people don't like certain alloys.

What I do not understand is why the same people feel the need to criticise the alloys everytime someone post a picture of their new car. Which sadly appears to be the case. It is childish.
I find them that offensive to the eye that I can't help myself commenting on them, but I promise to try and follow the old 'if you can't say anything nice, say nothing at all' motto in future  :lipsrsealed:
5 DR Mk 7 GTI PP
Carbon Grey, Dynaudio, Car Net App, High Beam Assist, Rear View Camera. Collected 14/03/16