Author Topic: Sawtooth  (Read 5464 times)

Jackie Treehorn

Re: Sawtooth
« Reply #20 on: 17 August 2017, 19:30 »
The thing with Cup 2's is they have bi compound tech so the inside edge is much harder that the outside.  Where as most tyre companies don't do this, hence they can suffer from poor wear on the inside shoulder. Not saying that's the reason yours lasted so long, but did you run a set without Geo and cup 2 as a comparison?
« Last Edit: 17 August 2017, 19:36 by Jackie Treehorn »

Offline I wanted a GTi

• I live here
« Reply #21 on: 18 August 2017, 09:05 »
The thing with Cup 2's is they have bi compound tech so the inside edge is much harder that the outside.  Where as most tyre companies don't do this, hence they can suffer from poor wear on the inside shoulder. Not saying that's the reason yours lasted so long, but did you run a set without Geo and cup 2 as a comparison?

Yes I did, they were taken off the front of a C4S and had covered about 2k miles on that but were still like new and within 8k miles the inside edge was feathered. That was when I took it to an independent tyre and wheel place who I only use now for everything tyre/tracking related.
5 door GTD in night blue collected 1/3/17

Jackie Treehorn

« Reply #22 on: 18 August 2017, 11:08 »
C4S?  I guess (should never do that) you mean the front of a 4WD 996 or 997 N rated? And put them on the back of your Golf after they covered 2k on the Porsche?  Not exactly a direct comparison but I see where your going with it...

Offline I wanted a GTi

• I live here
« Reply #23 on: 18 August 2017, 13:57 »
C4S?  I guess (should never do that) you mean the front of a 4WD 996 or 997 N rated? And put them on the back of your Golf after they covered 2k on the Porsche?  Not exactly a direct comparison but I see where your going with it...

Yes and no, yes they were off the front of a C4S 997 but no they were not N rated.
5 door GTD in night blue collected 1/3/17