Author Topic: STOLEN - Golf GTI MK 7 PP Dark Met Blue - South Birmingham  (Read 2517 times)

Offline quackhandle14

• Just got here
Hi,

Sorry if this is wrong place, but on 9th July in South Birmingham areao I had my GTI stolen from my driveway (the scum broke my back door and took the keys) I only had it two months, it was metallic dark blue performance pack. Fantastic car, gutted it has gone. You don't realise how crap your security is until this happens.

It was on private plate BO55 NEB and had the original plates in the boot KR66 OJO. I doubt I'll get it back, however you never know the scum may be still driving it around West Midlands area., quite a rare colour the Midnight Blue.

Looking into car crime it is rife, the police cuts are biting hard and the thieves know this. if you haven't, please sort out security on your car, it was on my to do list, get a tracker, etc, and what an idiot I feel now. Never realised how easy it is to steal the "keyless" entry cars.

Anyway hello from me.

qh
« Last Edit: 29 July 2017, 16:02 by quackhandle14 »

Offline hog_hedge

• I live here
I'm sorry for your loss and I hope that it doesn't put you too much out of pocket.

With regards to security, I would rather invest in a decent GAP insurance policy instead of paying for a tracker because if it was stolen I'd rather not have it back. I hope you are back on the roads in no time.

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
I'm sorry for your loss and I hope that it doesn't put you too much out of pocket.

With regards to security, I would rather invest in a decent GAP insurance policy instead of paying for a tracker because if it was stolen I'd rather not have it back. I hope you are back on the roads in no time.

+1 for the above. I'd not want to make it anymore difficult for them as if they really want it they'll do whatever it takes. A big slab of metal is replaceable, people aren't. Hope you get it sorted quickly.
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.