Author Topic: CD Ripping Nav Pro  (Read 2235 times)

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
CD Ripping Nav Pro
« on: 27 June 2017, 08:00 »
Just asking what quality people use when they rip a cd to the Jukebox. Can't see anywhere what the different quality settings are. Options are Low, Medium, High and Very High. Obviously the higher quality means a bigger file but was just wondering what settings others use.
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline Brenbo

• I live here
Re: CD Ripping Nav Pro
« Reply #1 on: 27 June 2017, 15:17 »
Whats a CD?   Only joking, I have not used the CD ripping feature as I only have MP3 files on my SD cards.  However I would personally use the highest setting available to retain quality.  You will find however this will mean a much larger file being stored on your HDD, which results in potentially less CD's on your HDD library before it gets full. 

However I would advise to rip CD's on your computer and save the MP3 files to a much larger SD Card for example I got a 128GB SD card the other day for around £40+  This means I can move it between cars without having to wipe the old cars HDD and re-rip CD's to the new cars HDD. 

Offline gasco1

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2 on: 27 June 2017, 16:08 »
I was looking at doing this but couldn't get it to work. Not very good with technology so gave up. Is there a guide on this anywhere. I have nav pro with 60gb hard drive.

Offline Brenbo

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 27 June 2017, 16:16 »
To be honest it would be easier and more future proof to rip CD's on your PC and put the music on to an SD Card.  In regard to audio quality I currently have 320kbps and FLAC (lossless) audio tracks on my SD Card.  They sound great on my Nav Pro.  I also have more music on the SD Card's than I could possibly fit on to the internal HDD. 

Offline gasco1

• Not said much yet
« Reply #4 on: 27 June 2017, 16:24 »
I do have all my cd's stored on my pc although said pc has not been used for 5 years so not sure it will even work. Like i said i am useless with computers etc and now use a chromebook.  Runs off to see if pc will work.

Offline Brenbo

• I live here
« Reply #5 on: 27 June 2017, 16:41 »
I fully understand.  But if it is not the HDD on the your PC which is damaged you can access the files still and extract them. Also just had an initial look online and it appears you cannot rip or play audio CDs or DVD on Chromebook.  So either you rip to the HDD on your car as you originally mentioned or get a cheap PC/ask a mate to rip the audio CD's to MP3 to store on a SD Card. 

Offline Brenbo

• I live here
« Reply #6 on: 27 June 2017, 16:42 »
If your PC does work I can guide you through the process of ripping audio on PC. 

Offline gasco1

• Not said much yet
« Reply #7 on: 27 June 2017, 18:27 »
Thanks brenbo might take you up on the offer. Will have a look tomorrow to see if my pc works. Cheers.

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #8 on: 27 June 2017, 18:39 »
Brenbo what software do you use for ripping CDs?
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline Brenbo

• I live here
« Reply #9 on: 27 June 2017, 18:59 »
When i do rip CDs which has been a long while since the time I have had to.  I will use something like 'Xilisoft Video Converter Ultimate'.  However if you just want to rip CD's or convert audio files you can just buy Xilisoft CD Ripper and Audio Converter Pro please refer to the link below

http://www.xilisoft.com/cd-ripper.html

However for a long while I will just get my music already in MP3 format from sources online.  These files are already FLAC or 320kbps so they are the highest quality you could wish for and sound fantastic on the Nav Pro  :wink: