Author Topic: My white Match with added black bits  (Read 7319 times)

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
Re: My white Match with it's black roof
« Reply #20 on: 18 June 2017, 11:56 »
Pics needed.
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline wigit

• I live here
« Reply #21 on: 19 June 2017, 14:02 »
Whilst offset can help for me after market wheels on a stock ride height when it comes to recent VWs always looks a bit Halfords even if BBS, OEM are more paleetable but i remember seeing a lot of mk5 TDs running moss reps, I was never convinced with the TSWs on the R estate during the winter, however, wifey carries the 18" rotary look very well on hers

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #22 on: 22 June 2017, 19:03 »
The other black bits are been done as I type. Pic will of course follow.
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
Re: My white Match now with more black bits
« Reply #23 on: 23 June 2017, 10:46 »

Online Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #24 on: 23 June 2017, 11:20 »
Black mirrors look great as do the blades on the front bumper, wasn't sure about that when you said but they look much better than before. Not so sure about the bumper protector though. Have you decided on your new wheels yet?
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #25 on: 23 June 2017, 11:30 »
I'm not too sure about the bumper protector either. I thought it would be a good idea, not to save scuffs as we are very careful, but the crap always sits on that lip. The rest of the car can look spotless and dirt sitting on the bumper looks messy. I thought it wouldn't show up as much if the top of the bumper was black.

I give it a couple of weeks and if I'm not feeling it, it can come off.

Online Watts

• Forum addict
Re: My white Match with added black bits
« Reply #26 on: 23 June 2017, 11:36 »
I had a VW one when I bought the car, grey with ridges, but they hadn't fitted it properly so water collected under it and it marked the bumper and the lower lip of the boot lid so off it came. Perhaps a grey or even an aluminium one would look better?
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline Gnasher

• I live here
  • Formerly GnasherVXR
« Reply #27 on: 23 June 2017, 13:44 »
Can't see the photo's at the moment but you guys who are protecting the top of the rear bumper - does the boot lid not hit any protection you have? My rear bumper has a line across it where the boot lid has touched it (I don't know how though).
2014 Golf GTI (PP) in Pure White with
Vienna Leather, Keyless Entry, High Beam Assist, Park Assist, Rear View Camera. Milltek Exhaust, Eibach Sportlines, 19" BBS SR wheels - SOLD!!!!!

2018 Audi TTRS in Nardo Grey with
Black pack, 20" Alloys, Privacy glass and Sports Exhaust. No mods yet!

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #28 on: 23 June 2017, 14:01 »
Can't see the photo's at the moment but you guys who are protecting the top of the rear bumper - does the boot lid not hit any protection you have? My rear bumper has a line across it where the boot lid has touched it (I don't know how though).

Mine is just black vinyl. I had a RGM Rearguard on my last but one Passat. Over time that rubbed the paint off the corners on the tailgate.

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #29 on: 23 June 2017, 16:28 »
Some things look better in the flesh than in photos so I'm sure that bumper guard looks ok in the flesh and if nothing else it will help (hopefully) to prevent paint damage.
I do like the black and white theme, I'm quite partial to a bit of a black and white theme on a car.
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner